1. Registering for the Forum

We require a human profile pic upon registration on this forum.

After registration is submitted, you will receive a confirmation email, which should contain a link to confirm your intent to register for the forum. At this point, you will not yet be registered on the forum.

Our Support staff will manually approve your account within 24 hours, and you will get a notification. This is to prevent the many spam account signups which we receive on a daily basis.

If you have any problems completing this registration, please email support@jackkruse.com and we will assist you.

Posting pictures

Discussion in 'Feedback/Suggestions' started by Jim, Apr 3, 2012.

1. Jim

Jim New Member

I was wondering how I can post an actual picture in the text of a post. When I select the "Insert Image" icon I am only able to post the link to the image. I see others have somehow figured this out. Can you share the procedure?

Thanks!

2. .lina

.lina New Member

there is supposed to be a clickable tab reading "from computer" next to the "from url" headline in the popup :)

3. admin

admin Guest

Inside the text editor you'll see a little icon that looks like a frame with a tree inside. Click on that. The popup will default to select an image from your computer or from a URL. Please note here if you have any issues. Thanks!

4. Jim

Jim New Member

I guess I didn't ask my question properly. When I use the "Insert Image" icon to upload an image all that renders is the link. Is there a way to render the actual image in the post so the reader doesn't have to select the link and open a new page to view the image? I have seen one example of this in the "Pictures" thread. So there must be a way to do it. Thanks.

Attached files [​IMG]

5. quelsen

quelsen New Member

Are you using the advanced editor or the basic one.

have you found the image icon?

did you see the second tab labeled URL

did you insert a link to the image?

6. .lina

.lina New Member

ah you are attaching an image, whereas when you post pics that show up immediately,

you take the image's URL and put and [/IMG*] tags around them (without the*), like this:

[img]http://forum.jackkruse.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=87&d=1333476384[/IMG*]

[img]http://forum.jackkruse.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=87&d=1333476384

this can only be done if it's already uploaded somewhere though :) i guess you can first attach it,

copy the URL and then edit the post to insert it in IMG tags, a little more work though ;D

7. ASHO

ASHO New Member

[​IMG]

xxxxxxxxx

8. Jim

Jim New Member

9. Jim

Jim New Member

OK I forgot the tags...let's try it again.

[​IMG]

10. Jim

Jim New Member

*Groan* :mad:

[​IMG]

11. Jim

Jim New Member

12. MamaGrok

MamaGrok New Member

[​IMG]

Testing ... I've been successful at posting some pics and not at others (all in the last few days), and not sure of the difference. The problem is that this doesn't show the code in my edit box, just the picture, so I can't see what the img tags look like. I hit the image box and typed inthe URL and got nothing.

Trying again

[​IMG]

What, is it case-sensitive?

[​IMG]

I SEE the picture in my edit box, but it is not coming through when I hit Save and go back to the thread. I successfully put up a ton of pictures on my Success Story thread. IDK what's going wrong now!

13. ASHO

ASHO New Member

14. ASHO

ASHO New Member

[​IMG]

testing

15. .lina

.lina New Member

mamagrok, that is super bizarre, it should work! i will copy yours and paste here:

[​IMG]

edit: it worked when i posted through the Advanced reply editor (via the Go Advanced button)

16. ASHO

ASHO New Member

IMG]http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=3407113172349&set=o.239883926075969&type=3&theater[/IMG]

17. MamaGrok

MamaGrok New Member

[​IMG]

Went through the advanced editor. What?!!

18. ASHO

ASHO New Member

C:Documents and SettingsPamelaMy DocumentsMy PicturesR1- 4A.jpg

19. .lina

.lina New Member

so strange. i am testing that url you just posted, and it works fine for me...

which makes me wonder if it may be some of your account settings messing things up? :/

[​IMG]

20. MamaGrok

MamaGrok New Member

Seems like a reasonable thought, .lina, and I was about to check it out, when I decided to try to post a pic at my MDA journal (http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread4753-97.html#post780576). It's not working there, either! I have NOT suddenly forgotten how to post a picture on this forum format after two years of doing it! I can only wonder if there is some change in ... what do they use, vbulletin? ... that is affecting both my accounts?

Jim, what did you do to make it work?