1. Registering for the Forum

We require a human profile pic upon registration on this forum.

After registration is submitted, you will receive a confirmation email, which should contain a link to confirm your intent to register for the forum. At this point, you will not yet be registered on the forum.

Our Support staff will manually approve your account within 24 hours, and you will get a notification. This is to prevent the many spam account signups which we receive on a daily basis.

If you have any problems completing this registration, please email support@jackkruse.com and we will assist you.

Posting here as this seems to be a women's area - Interesting MACA side effect?

Discussion in 'Optimal Kids' started by jeanie@truelongmont.com, Apr 21, 2012.

1. I got my MACA powder and added a bit to my BP coffee this a.m.

I swear I am having a hot flash from it!! I'm sitting here sweating! So, normally I feel too cold in the a.m. to think about CT - but I think I'm going to go plop down in the tub (full of the cold water from last nights bath, I use it about 4 times before changing).

Am I imagining this? Anybody else see this? It's also my first week to use MCT oil in my coffee - so It could be related to that too I suppose.

2. Jack Kruse

Jack Kruse Administrator

Maca increases your progesterone levels.....so you could throw off your E2/progesterone level....my bet is it will smooth out Maca is great for the perimenopausal and menopausal woman.......

3. Destiny

Destiny New Member

What about cortisol levels? I have high nocturnal cortisol and feel that Maca makes it worse at night.

I decided to be taking Maca only in AM and see.

4. I had to stop taking Maca because it was giving me sugar crashes?? Which is weird because Maca is listed under Adrenal Rx. I am assuming my sugar crashes have to do with adrenal glands, so why would something good for adrenals cash low blood sugar?

5. Jack Kruse

Jack Kruse Administrator

Maca also affects cortisol......eventually. But you have to fix the underlying problem......taking Maca alone and not doing other things to fix the real underlying issue is like putting spackle in a car dent and say its fixed. Lots of modern humans think just that way......you cant out supplement or out exercise or out diet a poor cellular physiology.

6. Jack Kruse

Jack Kruse Administrator

This is a siign you have a lot of fixing to do........it has nada to do with MACA.

7. Ok, roger that...Leptin Reset, CT, and hormone testing, right?

8. Jack Kruse

Jack Kruse Administrator

You need a real solid hack with testing.....you need to sit down and write out your history and give it to a doc and then talk with them.....come up with a game plan and test those areas and work from there. If you do not .......you will waste lots of time and money and raise your cortisol higher.......and you do not need that at all.

9. After weighing out some options, I just made an appointment with the only functional med doctor in Buffalo for May 16th. Until then, I think I am just going to try to enjoy life and stop the mind f-ing behavior...thanks doc!

10. Jack Kruse

Jack Kruse Administrator

Smart move!

11. Mud Flinger

Mud Flinger New Member

Maca effects be oddly also. I can taste it later - like I do with the muscle relaxer Soma when it is kicking in (it's been years, but I remember it well) and I get this mellow in the head feeling like I did from the Soma as well.