1. Registering for the Forum

We require a human profile pic upon registration on this forum.

After registration is submitted, you will receive a confirmation email, which should contain a link to confirm your intent to register for the forum. At this point, you will not yet be registered on the forum.

Our Support staff will manually approve your account within 24 hours, and you will get a notification. This is to prevent the many spam account signups which we receive on a daily basis.

If you have any problems completing this registration, please email support@jackkruse.com and we will assist you.

Posting from Under the Sun

Discussion in 'Meet and Greet' started by aguzman, Feb 10, 2018.

1. aguzman

aguzman New Member

Hello, my name is Andrea and live in the SF Bay Area. I was introduced to Jack Kruse and his strong beliefs around the science and healing potential of light, water, magnetism via a podcast on photobiomodulation. Despite many years of working with practitioners in naturopathic medicine, functional medicine, infectious disease, acupuncture, homeopathy, etc. this really is the only theory around wellness that resonates with me based on it's connection back to nature and the more primal self. Intuitively, I have felt for the past 15 years that my life has strayed from the fundamentals through increased professional and family responsibilities that have drained my life force. Though I have experienced profound fatigue and related issues over the last 20 years since my first child, I have remained functional. However, 2 years ago I had an allergic reaction to a bug bite which caused burning, scraping and itching pain all over my skin with no rash. Despite the healing of the bite, my pain has never subsided. I have what is called allodynia and hyperaesthesia triggered by mechanical friction, heat and pressure on my skin. It feels like a permanent sunburn. Anything that touches my skin hurts and the pain does not subside after the stimuli is removed. My CNS has been centrally sensitized, my body remembers the pain. In essence my immune system has gone haywire and is triggering massive activation of my nervous system. This has now set off a cascade of other symptoms, the most serious of which is pelvic pain for 6 months after an infection (first ever UTI). The symptoms are debilitating and have caused great existential angst. I continue to search for solutions however. I just started low dose immunotherapy to desensitize my immune system to the many chronic infections I have been diagnosed with. Four weeks ago, I started red light and near infrared light therapy, major doses of UV from the sun, cold thermogenesis, leptin prescription and EMF and blue light blocking. The challenge for me is that my skin is thermally sensitive and so the cold and heat can exacerbate the skin symptoms. I figure that there will be a tipping point however and once my biology starts to shift from these therapies, I will be able to better tolerate and start reaping major benefits. I seems like I have had almost every test in the world but not any of the ones that jack recommends to evaluate leptin sensitivity. All of my tests correspond to auto-immunity and have had chronically low Vit. D as long as I can remember. Mitochondria Profile: Maternal side of family was relatively healthy and hearty despite my grandmother being a chronic smoker for 60 years and she didn't even die from cancer or a lung related condition. Type 2 diabetes runs on this side. My Mother is 71 and very vibrant and healthy from a functional perspective but does struggle with high blood sugar and some neuropathy in her legs.

My objective is to completely heal and live a joyful life without chronic pain. I waver between being tenacious and utter despair at times. I feel like I just need some signs of progress to keep me moving forward. I am glad to be a part of this group and am thankful for your time to read about my background and to Jack for this movement.

Annemarie Heise likes this.
  2. RebbalforLight

RebbalforLight New Member

Hi, Andrea.

I have felt for the past 15 years that my life has strayed from the fundamentals through increased professional and family responsibilities that have drained my life force.

Me, too. I hope you find health.

3. Allin

Allin New Member

I have found much pain relief from doing CT in the cold pool and then getting morning sun. I stand in my bare feet in the grass and look at/toward the sun for 10-15 minutes within 30 minutes of sunrise without glasses or contacts. This is the #1 thing I need to do every morning. Welcome!

Annemarie Heise and drezy like this.
  4. caroline

caroline Moderator

welcome Andrea......

Please start a journal in the optimal journal section....

I am sure Jack will tell you to get out of San Fran..........

5. aguzman

aguzman New Member

Thank you very much.

6. aguzman

aguzman New Member

Thanks for your response. I have been doing some serious sunbathing and CT face dunks which seem to work better than cold showers and think it is actually really helping my skin sensitivities possibly through vagal nerve stimulation.

7. aguzman

aguzman New Member

Thanks for the journal recommendation and yes, I am working on the relocation plan.

caroline likes this.
  8. TANN

TANN Gold

Welcome Andrea
    Jacks protocols have helped me massively. Are you also following the Leptin RX? In my experience that along with morning sun, CT and grounding is very effective. I know JK doesnt usually recommend short cuts with supplements but speaking personally when I have severer skin issues (red face rash in particular) I get great results from high dose Sun Chlorella along with activated charcoal. Leptin RX is very good because you will eventually find that your sweat patterns change and toxins get easily removed from you skin via sweating. Magnesium theronate helps me big time as well.
    All the best with your recovery
    Chris

Allin likes this.