1. Registering for the Forum

We require a human profile pic upon registration on this forum.

After registration is submitted, you will receive a confirmation email, which should contain a link to confirm your intent to register for the forum. At this point, you will not yet be registered on the forum.

Our Support staff will manually approve your account within 24 hours, and you will get a notification. This is to prevent the many spam account signups which we receive on a daily basis.

If you have any problems completing this registration, please email support@jackkruse.com and we will assist you.

Post stroke treatment

Discussion in 'Ask Jack' started by Sylvia Bowen, Apr 21, 2019.

1. Sylvia Bowen

Sylvia Bowen Silver

Hi Dr.Kruse! A month ago my brother Edwin had a second stroke at 44 y/o (lives in Chicago). Since his first stroke in June 2017 he's been an avid follower of yours. He was in the hospital for 3 weeks and now in rehab for 10 days. He just got his vit D levels:54.3, homocysteine: 6.8.
    1) He's wondering what labs would be helpful (maybe 23&me or Genova for snp's and haplotype)? any specific protocol?
    2) The doctor wants to give him deplin - any thoughts on that?
    3) very difficult time with BM/bloating and urinating. None of these were an issue prior to second stroke. He's thinking that Pivot (feeding tube food in hospital) was the culprit as it had dairy and then the thickener in rehab had xanthan gum. Any insight on how to improve flow?
    Lastly, we've been able to collect funds for the Vie Light Neuro Duo (brain) - he's been using their other products for a few years. Before we purchase this is there anything else you would recommend? Many thanks for your time and dedication - Edwin has been very thankful for your insight over the years. Since he can't talk I've been his scribe and mouthpiece. Thanks again for any pointers you can give us!

2. Jack Kruse

Jack Kruse Administrator

The key issue is not even asked here..............

He needs to leave Chicago at once.

Victoria B. likes this.
  3. Sylvia Bowen

Sylvia Bowen Silver

Thank you Dr.Kruse! Yes, that is in the works!

Victoria B. likes this.