1. Registering for the Forum

We require a human profile pic upon registration on this forum.

After registration is submitted, you will receive a confirmation email, which should contain a link to confirm your intent to register for the forum. At this point, you will not yet be registered on the forum.

Our Support staff will manually approve your account within 24 hours, and you will get a notification. This is to prevent the many spam account signups which we receive on a daily basis.

If you have any problems completing this registration, please email support@jackkruse.com and we will assist you.

Post Menopausal Woman

Discussion in 'Female Quantum Biology' started by kvond, Jul 27, 2017.

1. fitness@home

fitness@home Silver

Thinking I may have the opportunity for much more natural light soon. One door closes and another opportunity opens up.

One day at a time for the near future...

2. Jack Kruse

Jack Kruse Administrator

3. Penny

Penny New Member

Try Penny's morning coffee shake... this will last you 8 hours - wrong time of year for it - obviously - but if you want to intermittent fast, this is the way to go:
    8-16 oz coffee
    1/2 can coconut cream
    5 Brazil nuts
    10 almonds
    10 walnuts
    2 oz pumpkin seeds
    1 oz sunflower seeds
    1 tsp turmeric
    some black pepper (to make the turmeric systemic - gut issues, you might not want to do this)
    3 eggs (omega 3 flax fed ones are great)
    cardamom (helps your P450 enzymes clear the coffee)
    cinnamon (blood sugar)
    1 tsp cocoa powder (polyphenols)
    ginger powder
    1 tsp glycine (helps your gut lining, helps make glutathione, helps if you've ingested lots of glyphosate and it tastes just like sugar)
    some methylene blue - whatever dose you are currently doing
    1 tray of ice cubes
    Blast it all in a blender and down the hatch -
    Then, start drinking ice water and doing face dunks and getting some morning sunshine - truly, you will have energy and not be hungry -

If you're close to the beach, jump in - best energizer there is - I've found though it is better to eat prior to jumping in - and drinking a lot of water - in fact, whenever I'm tired, I think "I'm dehydrated" it is amazing what water does for you - you can also try putting some baking soda/potassium bicarbonate (don't go nuts with this - 2 grams tops at one time) in the water - also, if you're doing fat, adding salt will help your mitochondria burn the fat as will the cold (even a face dunk)

4. Penny

Penny New Member

NAC will work miracles for this:) And sunshine obviously:)

Penny's WTF did I just eat that for? recipe...

2400 mg NAC (comes with molly-be-damned and selenium)
    1 gram vitamin c
    a digestive enzyme or eat some pineapple/papaya
    oregon grape root whenever I eat *way* too much sugar
    anything bitter - like Angostura bitters helps digestion
    get on the trampoline

some nettle tea would be great also for the histamine response and ensuing loss of sleep :) If you did a bunch of glutamates, lemon balm is great for this too -

Debntx, Phosphene and fitness@home like this.
  5. Penny

Penny New Member

6. Debntx

Debntx New Member

wow, this kind of explains something for me - the bag of chips things - a couple months ago i went all out on chips and noticed hip pains - i thought wthey- hard to go down stairs smoothly, get up from work chair etc... then stopped chips - miraculously pain went away not immediately but pretty dang quick - i know each person is individual but definitely chip (lays in particular ) have this affect on me

7. JanSz

JanSz Gold

Wonder if you could help me. @fitness@home
    Eating with a goal is a noble exercise.
    But I like to test trying to figure out if the goal was reached.

I would like to figure out a way to test blood with the goal of finding protein status.

Not sure if
    Total Protein results from
    Complete Metabolic panel (14)
    is the proper test?

upload_2017-9-3_11-1-52.png

8. drezy

drezy New Member

I agree with doc on the following two statements:

The conclusion that I draw from this is that if I eat junk and subsequently inflame then my redox is faltering and it's like a test.

My current understanding is that when your redox is low the stomach lining (those cells that are typically most rapidly replaced) runs on senescent cells. This is what some call leaky gut.

Wild Part: When those lectins and bacteria and viruses slip on through your "leaky gut" all of your mitochondrial colonies assume that the environment is kicking your butt and that maybe they will borrow bits of exogenous viruses and bacteria (horizontal gene transfer) since they "evolve" to the environment faster. You mitochondria want to get the "answer" to the environment and will cheat so the you can pass these "answers" to the next generation. Not all "answers" passed on are considered desirable.

Related threads:
    Huck and Jan are digging into Doc Gundry's work over here you might want to jump in: https://forum.jackkruse.com/index.p...-and-aortic-stenosis.7685/page-20#post-222245

I started way back on a similar-ish blood type into Paleo into kept diet 12+ years ago. For the last 8 I've been almost eli-paleo since a mid to mid-high amount of my calories came from gulf seafood. I think that patched my gut and by dumb luck put me pretty close to epic-paleo mode.

Caveat:
    I've only seen his interviews and have not read his book, but I suspect Gundry might have saved me some time on the way toward more optimal.

My N=1:
    Potatoes,lentils,gluten = ouch when I'm not redoxing really well.

Bottom line:
    It's not about food. All the above may help you frame it but if you stay fixated on food you run the risk of not realizing that your gut is a redox/environment indicator. If I hadn't made that realization I'd have been all *almost* eli-paleo and had maybe 35 extra lbs clinging to my saddlebag area. Even at 6'4" that starts to show up and I need to keep beach body going. That's my priority #1. A far-far second is making a difference in other's lives.

Allin, caroline and Debntx like this.
  9. JanSz

JanSz Gold

I would not say that to a farmer who have to fatten his pigs or cows.

wheat, white potatoes, corn
    to the rescue
    (cows need antacid to prevent heartburn after such a diet)

Wonder why humans also get fat when they eat that stuff.

Kathy Spears and caroline like this.
  10. drezy

drezy New Member

I'd go a step further and say that most (me included) eat way more than they are designed for.

Yes what we've done to cows is pretty messed up.

caroline likes this.
  11. Lahelada

Lahelada New Member

Jan,the point is though that you cannot eat anything to reverse the problem with very few exceptions. Only Dr Kruse's detractors maintain that he is advocating that you can eat a "Skittles and marshmallow diet". Dietary interventions are a way to freeze time for a duration, depending on your heteroplasmy that time can be short indeed. He said this from the beginning, has reiterated it in the Vermont 2017 talk. You can maybe arrest an illness but reversing the haplotype dependent progression as laid out by Dr Wallace needs to come from outside of this circle. As the workings of nutrients are hormone/enzyme etc dependent,what hope can you have that you can rebalance the system when circadian control is lost. Our modern bodies in essence look like the picture below if you imagine every clock showing the time for a physiological process to occur. Woe betide the nutrient/mineral or whatnot that needs to find its way around that maze and encounter the right binding site at the correct time within the correct sequence of events...And by the time you have reached menopause which is the subject of this post you have a lot of clocks that show the time but on different planets ....

One bodyclock ....jpg

Last edited: Sep 3, 2017
  12. Lahelada

Lahelada New Member

Drezy, the question is not if but why? When you ask "if " only you remain in the current paradigm. Norah Volkow has ideas, so does Fritz Hollwich .

caroline and drezy like this.
  13. drezy

drezy New Member

Agreed. I've been in rapid learning and practice mode the last 6 weeks. This rabbit hole goes deep.

FWIW @Lahelada no signs of menopause for me:thumbsup:

caroline, fitness@home and Lahelada like this.
  14. Lahelada

Lahelada New Member

Jejeje, any other signs of anything ? Have you done your own two generational anamnesis of your maternal lineage yet?

caroline likes this.
  15. Jack Kruse

Jack Kruse Administrator

Why are women from Venus and men from Mars with respect to light? Day and night offers changes in thickness and transparency for women. Your skin, tissues, blood plasma, collagen and cell water are all biologic semiconductors When light travels from a denser, higher refractive index medium to a less dense one, it similarly will be reflected if the the angle relative to vertical is greater than a critical angle. This phenomenon, known as total internal reflection, imposes significant restriction on the efficiency with which emitted LED's can transmit light into the air. This is why lady semiconductors are from Venus and not Mars.

[​IMG]

16. fitness@home

fitness@home Silver

@JanSz , wish I could help. I look to you for advice/suggestions on labs!

Just did Genova Complete Hormone, Genova Nutreval, and Spectracell Cardiometabolic just before the hurricane hit. My FSA was used for the Patient Pay amounts. Complete Hormone went down to $140 this year.

17. JanSz

JanSz Gold

[qu ote="Lahelada, post: 222806, member: 6531"]Jan,the point is though that you cannot eat anything to reverse the problem with very few exceptions. Only Dr Kruse's detractors maintain that he is advocating that you can eat a "Skittles and marshmallow diet". Dietary interventions are a way to freeze time for a duration, depending on your heteroplasmy that time can be short indeed. He said this from the beginning, has reiterated it in the Vermont 2017 talk. You can maybe arrest an illness but reversing the haplotype dependent progression as laid out by Dr Wallace needs to come from outside of this circle. As the workings of nutrients are hormone/enzyme etc dependent,what hope can you have that you can rebalance the system when circadian control is lost. Our modern bodies in essence look like the picture below if you imagine every clock showing the time for a physiological process to occur. Woe betide the nutrient/mineral or whatnot that needs to find its way around that maze and encounter the right binding site at the correct time within the correct sequence of events...And by the time you have reached menopause which is the subject of this post you have a lot of clocks that show the time but on different planets ....

View attachment 5590 [/quote]

That would be interesting project.
    How to reverse menopause? and make 90yo women fertile again.
    Is anybody working on that?

/////

18. JanSz

JanSz Gold

@fitness@home

You are in unique position to help me and others.
    It is about Genova NutrEval

That test looks like a piece of gold.
    Problem is that it may be a fool's gold if going by my personal experience with this test some years back.

If you are able get another two NutrEval tests,
    get them in such a way that you would have three results, each at about a month apart.
    Post all three on this board and let me know when you would do that.
    (Mine were radically different, but possibly they are improved since then).

//

Last edited: Sep 4, 2017
  19. fitness@home

fitness@home Silver

Doubtful I will be doing that. I look at those tests as a snapshot in time of what is going on in your body.

Driving back to Houston now. Traffic heavy for rest of afternoon...

20. Kana

Kana New Member

Sorry for the late reply. But I’m post menopausal at 51. I don’t need progesterone as the liver already makes them if you’re healthy. I did take herbs such as chasteberry for awhile but my naturopath told me my hormones are back so I don’t need them.