1. Registering for the Forum

We require a human profile pic upon registration on this forum.

After registration is submitted, you will receive a confirmation email, which should contain a link to confirm your intent to register for the forum. At this point, you will not yet be registered on the forum.

Our Support staff will manually approve your account within 24 hours, and you will get a notification. This is to prevent the many spam account signups which we receive on a daily basis.

If you have any problems completing this registration, please email support@jackkruse.com and we will assist you.

Post Menopausal Woman

Discussion in 'Female Quantum Biology' started by kvond, Jul 27, 2017.

1. kvond

kvond Gold

Hi Folks,
    Jack says in CT#7 that women who are post menopause need progesterone to keep their weight down and a host of other benefits such as Prolactin-autophagy cycle. Anyone try this?

I've recently lost 30lbs by adding CT via cold showers, and the Wim Hof breathing method. My thinking is I'll use progesterone cream and continue this additive process.

Thoughts?

2. drezy

drezy New Member

Perhaps, I'm not the main audience but 30 lbs is a big deal. Bravo.

3. ScottishEmma

ScottishEmma Silver

WOW! That's incredible! What's your CT protocol? Out of interest,

caroline likes this.
  4. caroline

caroline Moderator

you have made me re think what I am doing - which is pretty much nothing right now. I had stopped my progesterone thinking I really didn't need it as I am getting so much outdoor time.

Lately - I really can't shift some weight I have gained and my sleep can be iffy at times. Obviously cold showers and lots of sun and grounding may not be quite enuf for a post menopausal woman.

I am also finding that too much fat in my diet is going directly to my tummy and my weight is going up.

I struggle with what to eat these days .... I don't want too much protein either. I definitely ate too much fat this summer - huge mistake.

what are you eating Kvond?

I have been thinking of trying a collagen shake with a bunch of good stuff in it ...like some greens and eggs and numeric etc.
    I would have some protein around 10:00am and then dinner around 4:00pm which is when I naturally want to eat anyway.

I do think that IF is the way to go - for me.

It would be great to hear others thoughts....... Lots of ladies here have been struggling to get this right.

and the biggie ...... reduce nnEMF!!!!

5. caroline

caroline Moderator

I gotta re read C/T#7 .... it's been too long...

6. kvond

kvond Gold

My CT is fairly lame - I step into a cold shower in the morning for about 2 min. It's warm here right now, so I hope to do better in the winter. I think what made the difference is adding the Wim How breathing while I'm out in the sunrise.

I do need to up my CT, I'm having significant cervical degeneration and facing another fusion - don't know what gains can make but I want to try.

7. kvond

kvond Gold

As to food - if I get the sunlight - I notice I'm not as hungry and can get used to less pretty comfortably. Right now I have a bone broth protein shake with ketones around 8:30 in the morning, a small cup of coffee mid day to keep me alert - then try to hold off 'til dinner which is meat, greens and some fats. I want to IF but my adrenals are fairly shot still and I notice this begins to really tax me.

Recently I gained a few pounds back because I was comforting myself with carbs over the neck issue. Time to get back to mostly keto.

I have been able to hack my migraines - this is a huge jump for me - I attribute this to all of the above and Byronia 30c every day for about a week took care of my morning headaches that used to flair - plus the limited diet. I know a coupdl good homeopaths if you want to add that route for any reason.

I don't imagine any medicine of any kind can be as powerful as the whole body effects of CT, Sun and exercise. I do walk each day while at work and sometimes take work outside and sit in the sun.

Finally got my goggles for the work computer to combat the nEMF - working on that piece too.

8. fitness@home

fitness@home Silver

" I have been thinking of trying a collagen shake with a bunch of good stuff in it ...like some greens and eggs and numeric etc. "

@caroline - I have been incorporating collagen daily and drinking a salad every morning. I find it easier to get down some veggies that way. Avocado, romaine lettuce, juice of a lime, mint, and a handful of spinach (ala Gundry). Sometimes I even add a TBL of olive oil.

Menopause sometimes sucks. No longer have flashes but the weight thing is harder to fight these days. Deal with the same 12-15 lbs over and over. Time for the annual Genova Complete Hormone test and visit to my BHRT doc soon. All things considered though, menopause is just another natural stage of life. I won't give up my BHRT anytime soon though :)

Jude, caroline and drezy like this.
  9. JanSz

JanSz Gold

10. fitness@home

fitness@home Silver

I did that last year, along with the Genova for comparison purposes.

My doc uses Genova. I was curious and did the DUTCH on my own (had a medical friend order for me)

11. Sheddie

Sheddie Silver

I preferred Ray Peat's Progest-E to the progesterone creams I tried. Can be used orally, topically on the gums, via skin... Having stuck with that product for decades, I'm always interested in any new products where anyone reports their use experience. (Never got around to trying BHRT)

Last edited: Jul 29, 2017
    fitness@home likes this.
  12. Sheddie

Sheddie Silver

I'm still following Gundry's LECTIN (not Leptin) guidance as I haven't (yet?) run across a reason to change. You made my day on drinking a morning salad! (For some reason I'm not good at optimal feeding myself!!)

caroline and fitness@home like this.
  13. fitness@home

fitness@home Silver

I have used Haidut's progesterone in the past, but don't see it on the website anymore. Currently using a compounded version by local pharmacy.

I am not eating 100% Gundry style, but have made changes. That breakfast salad is a favorite. Are you in any of the Plant Paradox Facebook groups? I do know some women that are really liking the lectin avoidance. @endless

Picture is Haidut's progesterone

Attached Files:

14. Sheddie

Sheddie Silver

The minute I saw the drinkable salad ingredients I knew I could do that in my blender. Because of reducing lectins I'm limited in what to pick for my SLO-food deliveries (Fresh Harvest). Lots of lettuces for me right now. (I'm loving Inger's raw fish dish, here on Forum. Lots of Ceviche recipes online if I want to change up the idea but she'll always be remembered as my Initiation! You, too, for the idea of 'drinking' salad!!)

Everything I'm learning right now is new, really new, after 5 years of going blind from cataracts with cornea-scar complications, the last 2 being more than 'legally blind.' Hardly any computer use for learning during that period. It's like I've 'been away' for an extended time but no, I just dropped out! So glad to be back, despite UV-blocking IOLs. I picked up on Gundry and Dr. Jack Kruse only recently. Was grateful to Ray Peat's work for a long time, probably since the early 90s. Missed Haidut so will bone up -- if there's time over & above the present Kruse course of learning!

At first, any change seems to take enormous amounts of time, and then, it's on automatic pilot and I don't even think about Time... Later, too, for adding any more forums! (This is only my second online forum and I don't know a lot of how they can be used with sophistication... )

Thanx for the picture -- I like DMSO a lot for skin apps; short term, though, for the body odor side effect! Hope for you a compounding pharmacy isn't using synthetic 'compounds' or carriers in the formula? Like so many drug delivery forms, the additives/adjuvants are sometimes the culprits in unsatisfactory individual results.

fitness@home likes this.
  15. caroline

caroline Moderator

Thanks Dawn for sharing that. Why the olive oil? why not coconut oil? What kind of collagen? Do you use a protein powder as well?

Awhile I go I was having 2 BPC over a morning with 1 tbsp collagen, 1 tbsp MCT oil and cacao and 1 tbsp hemp seeds. I had one about 10am and another at 12:00pm ....and then dinner of seafood around 4:30. I wound up gaining 3K - and was pretty horrified. I was probably reacting to the hemp seeds. I am also suspecting the salmon I was eating has way too much fat these days - probably farm raised.

So - all in all - I think I was having way too much fat for my non gallbladder body. Likely not good fat either - if fish is farm raised?

16. fitness@home

fitness@home Silver

I use a scoop of Great Lakes collagen in my morning cup of coffee. It dissolves well and I don't even know it is there.

My protein intake is low to moderate right now. The olive oil adds some good fat to my diet plus I love the taste. I found some lemon infused OO & orange infused OO that is amazing. My local store was clearing this item out of their stock at $2 a bottle (I bought ten).

https://www.heb.com/product-detail/giovani-lemon-olive-oil/1264807

http://gundrymd.com/reduce-lectins-diet/

https://selfhacked.com/blog/assigning-inflammation-scores-foods/

^^ I am not 100% compliant but am slowly weeding out things that inflame and/or cause me discomfort otherwise.

P.s. I bet the farmed salmon was fed grains, etc. Gundry recommends wild caught seafood, pasture raised poultry and eggs, grass fed beef, etc. Hard to find meats and eggs that grains werent part of the process unless you raise them yourself or have access to a good farmers market.

Last edited: Jul 30, 2017
    Debntx and drezy like this.
  17. drezy

drezy New Member

There is a useful tool for you there.

Even though I'm a big fan of regular use of meters, I use my own version of your "things that inflame" to inform me too. Oddly, many of them used to be favorites. For a redox check once a month or so I'll eat one or two of my inflammatory foods as a cheap redox check.

If I'm feeling really brave I'll break all my rules and eat a bag of chips, my old favorites, right before bed (for science mind you). That used to wipe me out and leave my joints creaky in the morning. The last time I tried this just my left hand pinky was a little sore.

You and your hubby's cold tub picture inspired my home build tub. Thanks again for documenting your process.

fitness@home likes this.
  18. fitness@home

fitness@home Silver

My husband likes to tinker. His next project is building a freeze-dryer. Last project was a hydroponic grow tent...very successful endeavor.

Do you have a picture of your CT tub?

Inflammation. An unrestrained dinner, drinks and key lime pie = swollen fingers today. Ring won't make it past my knuckle. Will needs a lot of water today to flush my system.

19. Jack Kruse

Jack Kruse Administrator

Minding your light is the key to minding your weight and health.

Mystic Rose60 likes this.
  20. drezy

drezy New Member

It's not prettied up yet, but it's working great. It's too popular for me to take it down or move right now. Thank your hubby for the inspiration.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jul 30, 2017
    Lahelada and fitness@home like this.