1. Registering for the Forum

We require a human profile pic upon registration on this forum.

After registration is submitted, you will receive a confirmation email, which should contain a link to confirm your intent to register for the forum. At this point, you will not yet be registered on the forum.

Our Support staff will manually approve your account within 24 hours, and you will get a notification. This is to prevent the many spam account signups which we receive on a daily basis.

If you have any problems completing this registration, please email support@jackkruse.com and we will assist you.

Post-Meno Estrogen Confusion

Discussion in 'Cold Thermogenesis' started by blindpig, Mar 22, 2012.

1. blindpig

blindpig New Member

I keep reading that CT is detoxing estrogen from all the ladies (and guys?), and there is something I'm having a hard time getting my head around. I'm hoping someone can explain. I am many years post meno, have too low cholesterol, low pregnenolone, low DHEA, low everything downstream including estrogen...I'm making basically no estrogen on my own. I have been on estradiol patches for about a year but am still having hot flashes/night sweats. Because I will have no insurance after the end of this month, I will be switching to estradiol pills with the intention of being off of everything when CT miraculously straightens all my hormones out. I do realize this is not ideal and would love to do BHRT but I can't afford it right now. My primary care doc doesn't know how to prescribe it at any rate.

So I'm not getting what is going to happen when CT starts detoxing estrogen from my body, while I am trying desperately to hold on to some?? I feel like I am missing something simple here. I want estrogen. I need estrogen. Don't take my estrogen away from me!

Can someone give me the Dummy version of this so I understand what is going to happen? (I am doing some spot icing but will not be starting any serious CT until probably the end of April as I need my sanity while I support my niece through a difficult experience, but I am trying to get my ducks in a row. I have an already compromised liver due to Hep C so I have no idea how efficient my liver is going to be at clearing toxins.)

Anyone brave enough to take a stab at it?

2. MamaGrok

MamaGrok New Member

CT detoxes excess of anything - because excess is toxic. So if you need it, you keep it!

3. Birdy

Birdy New Member

Read Dr K's latest blog post. I suspect that when you do lots of CT, your estrogen will go up, and this may give you symptoms of estrogen dominance. I have had good results from CT, probably because my estrogen is up a bit. After a day of skin breakouts, my skin is wonderful, my fat distribution is changing rapidly, and my sex drive is up.

4. Lyndra

Lyndra Gold

I'm basically in the same boat so at least you aren't alone. I don't fully comprehend the effects of detoxing, but as others say, I trust that as things level out, it will all be much better. Hang in there!

5. blindpig

blindpig New Member

Lyndra, sorry you to have to share this particular boat with me. I do absolutely trust the process, though, so I think we can both trust there is dry land ahead! I will be watching for you to post about your progress. I can't wait to really get started!