1. Registering for the Forum

We require a human profile pic upon registration on this forum.

After registration is submitted, you will receive a confirmation email, which should contain a link to confirm your intent to register for the forum. At this point, you will not yet be registered on the forum.

Our Support staff will manually approve your account within 24 hours, and you will get a notification. This is to prevent the many spam account signups which we receive on a daily basis.

If you have any problems completing this registration, please email support@jackkruse.com and we will assist you.

Possible Nonclassic Congenital Adrenal Hyperplasia ?

Discussion in 'Optimal Labs' started by Chipdouglas, May 7, 2019.

1. drezy

drezy New Member

Why do you think he told you that and how have you incorporated it?

2. Chipdouglas

Chipdouglas New Member

He said that in the context of figuring out the pathophysiology of mental illness, as we were having a discussion about ADHD/GAD/depression. In his 30 years of clinical experience (his specialties are in : psychiatry and behavioral endocrinology), he said 60% of ADHD can be accounted for by poor nutrition - the two main players are : iron and zinc. For instance, low serum ferritin is strongly linked to ADHD. Iron is required for dopamine synthesis. Back to ADHD to follow up on the above instance...another big player in ADHD related symptomatology is low thyroid, either primary hypothyroidism or functional.

I look at most things in terms of ''why'' and then ''how''. For instance, low cortisol - why is there low cortisol ? Then, how is that taking place ? What's the MAO behind it ? It could've been any other aberrant labs, it's just that low cortisol came to mind.

In modern medicine, there are very few really smart MDs, thinking outside the box. It's a real shame. Modern medicine is cookbook medicine. Dr. Kruse is indeed a very smart guy - no doubt about it.

3. JanSz

JanSz Gold

In modern medicine, there are very few really smart MDs,

=========================================
    Possibly there is a purpose in that situation?

upload_2019-5-16_15-16-6.png

Chipdouglas and drezy like this.
  4. Chipdouglas

Chipdouglas New Member

5. Chipdouglas

Chipdouglas New Member

Man, do I agree with this ! I prefer not to get started on this, but I'll say this : I've been saying this for many years - modern medicine isn't meant to keep people healthy. My wife was diagnosed with psoriatic spondylitis and was placed on Humira injections Q3W. Humira is an immunosuppressant drug (i.e. TNF-alpha inhibitor). This drug class carries a small increased risk of lymphoma and a moderate risk of moderate to severe infection. What usually happens to our immune system when when we get older ? It gets weaker. So, I suspect that in those taking -mumab drug, over time they face an even greater risk of opportunistic infections.

So, I've researched this topic and found the : http://www.kickas.org/londondiet.shtml
    I've placed her on the above diet and soon after, her pain level started to decrease. The upshot is that, she's been off the drug for two years and she's doing better than back when she was on the drug. She's seeing her internist in a week's time from now and she's going to let him know about it. Her case isn't a fluke or the placebo effect, because if she has pasta, her disease comes back with a vengeance.

My point is that, however well meaning her internist actually is, he'd never ever share that kind of information with his patients, because it's not a medical treatment and thus would face the risk of having his medical licence revoked.

My wife often wonders at how well she's been doing. I think not a week goes by without her telling me about this.

We need to be smart and think outside the box. Point is, I don't trust health care even though I studied RN. My personal experience (as well as my wife's) with health care, proved to me that I cannot trust most MDs.

6. JanSz

JanSz Gold

psoriatic spondylitis
    It is a chronic, inflammatory disease of the skin, scalp, nails, and joints.

Possibly the top slide will give you some ideas.

Wonder how she would feel if she adjusted all items mentioned on top slide.

[​IMG]

7. Chipdouglas

Chipdouglas New Member

As far as restoring libido, supplementing vitamin E (i.e. 8 isomers) has been a complete game changer. I only supplement with it 2-3 times a week, taken with my largest meal of the day. The reason why I don't take supplemental E every day, is because I'm not up-to-date on the literature. What I do know, is that with E less is more. IIRC daily doses higher than 400 IU, was found to increase HDL oxidation. So until I catch up on the science, I want to play it safe.

JanSZ, I saw a post of yours where you asked about olive oil based vitamin E. Dr. Kruse replied that he wouldn't supplement exogenous vitamin E. It gets complicated, because opinions differ even among experts.

8. Chipdouglas

Chipdouglas New Member

Question : in a male that's not on any BHRT, whose progesterone is consistently elevated, how do you lower it ? I've yet to find an answer to this question.

9. JanSz

JanSz Gold

I do not know.
    How is his pregnenolone?
    Sometimes hormone accumulates because is not used.
    Some reasons underlined.

upload_2019-6-8_12-49-50.png

10. Chipdouglas

Chipdouglas New Member

JanSZ : the above diagram is quite helpful. Would you be so kind as to email it to me, because even when I expand the image, some parts are somewhat missing. ? I'll pm you my email address.

11. JanSz

JanSz Gold

done