1. Registering for the Forum

We require a human profile pic upon registration on this forum.

After registration is submitted, you will receive a confirmation email, which should contain a link to confirm your intent to register for the forum. At this point, you will not yet be registered on the forum.

Our Support staff will manually approve your account within 24 hours, and you will get a notification. This is to prevent the many spam account signups which we receive on a daily basis.

If you have any problems completing this registration, please email support@jackkruse.com and we will assist you.

Poor sleep leads to dementia by way of poor mito redox

Discussion in 'Mitochondrial Rx' started by Jack Kruse, Apr 24, 2021.

1. Jack Kruse

Jack Kruse Administrator

Neurodegeneration is always associated with a sleep defect because of mtDNA damage that destroys melatonin autocrine production. This sets up the circadian cycle loss that destroys dopaminergic neuron destruction.

Sleeping less than six hours a night when you're in your 50s, 60s, and 70s increases your risk of dementia by 30%, a long-term study has found.

https://edition.cnn.com/2021/04/20/health/sleep-dementia-risk-study-wellness/index.html

2. Casey55

Casey55 New Member

This is a fascinating study. Now I will pay more attention to my sleep.
    Still, it seems to me that it is not lack of sleep that ultimately leads to dementia. I think genetics also plays an important role here. After all, most diseases are inherited. If you believe these studies, then every second or third person in your city should suffer from dementia. If these studies fully reflected the accurate picture, I would have already started collecting money for myself as a nurse from assistinghands. As stupid as it sounds, it is. Nevertheless, I am pleased that scientists are working on this problem, and maybe shortly, there will be a cure for dementia.

Last edited: Jul 27, 2021