1. Registering for the Forum

We require a human profile pic upon registration on this forum.

After registration is submitted, you will receive a confirmation email, which should contain a link to confirm your intent to register for the forum. At this point, you will not yet be registered on the forum.

Our Support staff will manually approve your account within 24 hours, and you will get a notification. This is to prevent the many spam account signups which we receive on a daily basis.

If you have any problems completing this registration, please email support@jackkruse.com and we will assist you.

Please help with my labs

Discussion in 'HCG Protocol' started by indigogirl, May 9, 2012.

1. indigogirl

indigogirl Silver

Story of my life...I'm always tired...been a poor/light sleeper my whole life.

I am a 59 year old female, menopausal, hypothyroid for almost 20yrs (familial...mom and sister also hypo), weight perfect until my mid thirties when I started emotionally overeating...yo-yo'ed for the last 20 years...about 60-70 lbs overweight now. 5' 2", small boned. No uterus...still have my ovaries and cervix.

On 9/28/11 :

Vitamin B12. 617. range 254-1320

Cortisol AM. 14.30. range 3.70-19.40

My doc said these were both in the normal range.

ARE THEY????

Most recent labs from 1/18/12: for blood work

Estradiol. 17.0 (pg/ml). Range 50-150

Testosterone total. 18.53 (14.00-76.00 ng/dl). Range 40-80

Progesterone. 0.3. (0.0-0.2 ng/ml) H Range 1.0-10

T4 Free. 0.72 (0.76-1.46 ng/dL) L.

TSH. 2.610 (0.358-3.740 uIU/ mL)

T3 total. 1.43 (0.70-1.90 ng/mL)

T3 Free. 4.1 (2.0-4.4 pg/mL)

I take 90 mg of Armour.

I take bioidentical estriol, estradiol and progesterone.

I know my Testosterone sucks...won't take bioedentical testosterone...I get facial cysts...am taking 25 mg 7 keto DHEA when I remember.

The above labs were done with my GYN who is CW, but open to discussing things with me.

Today my internist told me I need a sleep study because of my constant exhaustion. I think it's a waste of time.

I told her I wanted a CRP. She said she couldnt really justify it. My GYN will do the CRP at my next visit (August) if I want to her to.

Will someone please hack these labs and tell me what you think??

THANK YOU!!

Colleen...what do you think?

2. colleencoble

colleencoble New Member

Oh man, you are a mess, honey. Just about everything is in the toilet. 7 Keto DHEA isn't the best to take if you want to raise your testosterone. It won't do it. Regular DHEA will though. I take 50 mg and it keeps my testosterone on the high end of normal. You need more bioidentical estrogen and progesterone though. Your free T4 is in the toilet but your T3 is pretty decent. The progesterone would help your thyroid convert better. Your cortisol is pretty low for morning too. I'd get a 4 times a day one done and see if you're getting your peak at night instead of the morning. Do you wake up about 3 am? your B12 is low too. I like mine up at 1000 or a little higher.

3. indigogirl

indigogirl Silver

Colleen

Thank you for responding. I can't take the testosterone. I broke out from DHEA, too.. That's why I'm taking the 7 Keto DHEA evn tho it doesn't convert to testosterone. Every time I've taken it I get huge facial cysts. I just can't go there!

What do I do about my T4?

I can ask to have my cortisol tested.

The problem is my GYN, who is doing the testing thinks my ranges are "normal".

Does Dr. Dzugan (correct name? )work with people from all over?

4. colleencoble

colleencoble New Member

Yes Dzugan works with people from all over, but you need a local doctor who is willing to consult with him and follow his direction.

How much dhea were you taking? You might have been taking too much. You really need to get that testosterone up there. It might be that the zits came from all your other hormones being so low in comparison too. They all need balanced and yours are NOT in the normal range. The doctor could add a bit of T4 to your armor to get the T4 levels up. But it may be that your iron is low or your cortisol is low and that accounts for the strange results there. How can she even say your ranges are normal? They are in the toilet!

5. colleencoble

colleencoble New Member

Your estradiol is 17. 17! Way below range even. And .3 in a range up to 11. How on earth can he think that's in the normal range?

6. indigogirl

indigogirl Silver

Yikes, and she specializes in GYN and bioidentical hormones and is "IT" where I live...

7. colleencoble

colleencoble New Member

There are so many "experts' who don't really know a thing. . .