1. Registering for the Forum

We require a human profile pic upon registration on this forum.

After registration is submitted, you will receive a confirmation email, which should contain a link to confirm your intent to register for the forum. At this point, you will not yet be registered on the forum.

Our Support staff will manually approve your account within 24 hours, and you will get a notification. This is to prevent the many spam account signups which we receive on a daily basis.

If you have any problems completing this registration, please email support@jackkruse.com and we will assist you.

Playa Del Carmen Megathread

Discussion in 'The New Monster Thread' started by OptimalSkr, Aug 8, 2018.

1. John Nicholas

John Nicholas New Member

Got it. Thank you. Got ahold of Senor Cruz and he’s picking us up tomorrow early and taking us to several. Thank you again.

2. Phosphene

Phosphene Gold (finally)

Gina R and shah78 like this.
  3. Rubicon

Rubicon Avoiding Equilibrium

Google calls it "Point Esmeralda" (Punta Esmeralda en Espanol). I've seen it referred to as Playa Punta Esmeralda online, but I usually just call it Playa Esmeralda.

Here's a labeled Google Map:

[​IMG]

A taxi can drive you right to Esmeralda, or just walk along 5th Ave or the beach to get there:
    https://www.google.com/maps/dir/20....42e04bfd90b!2m2!1d-87.0507503!2d20.648728!3e2

Rena3 and Gina R like this.
  4. Gina R

Gina R New Member

5. Phosphene

Phosphene Gold (finally)

My dear, if there’s one thing I’ve learned, no plan is ever set. :p

That said, yes, I look forward to whatever the future brings. And I’m brushing it along in the direction I think it’s supposed to go. :D

drezy and Gina R like this.
  6. Gina R

Gina R New Member

Very true! I guess I meant the logistics, for now:)

7. drezy

drezy Gold

He's solid. I think you'll like your time with the man. Enjoy!

8. drezy

drezy Gold

I always bristled at "5 year plans".

I've finally developed one though:
    Don't get eaten by a bear.

I'm pretty sure 5 year ago me and 5 year from now me agree with me on that goal.

Corey Nelson, caroline and Gina R like this.
  9. John Nicholas

John Nicholas New Member

You are correct. He was terrific and we will use him again for the next trip. Very good man. A good resource as well.

Sun Disciple and drezy like this.
  10. drezy

drezy Gold

I had a really good thought provoking discussion with him roughly around social entropy and personal responsibility.

Up to that point I had no idea there were perspectives that were non-Texan that had any merit at all.

caroline likes this.
  11. caroline

caroline Moderator

shame on you!

drezy likes this.
  12. drezy

drezy Gold

That one was too easy.

Obviously everyone's entitled to their own wrong opinion.

caroline likes this.
  13. mbhemming

mbhemming Gold

I met a friend last year in PDC. She lives in Veracruz Mexico. I will be moving to Latin America on December 9th. I'm going to spend 3 months in Veracruz before traveling south to Guatemala.

Does anyone know if Veracruz has an enhanced magnetic presence that far from the impact place?

Gina R and OptimalSkr like this.
  14. Rena3

Rena3 Gold

Just got my tix for PDC this Dec! Son’s gonna miss some days of school but this is worth it... lots of cenote and sunrise beach time ahead :)

In terms of recommendations, when we went last time, we loved Cenote Azul and the Yal-Ku Lagoon in Akumal.

Last edited: Nov 17, 2018
    Antonis and Gina R like this.
  15. mbhemming

mbhemming Gold

At about 1 minute in, there is an interesting first hand account of how Tulum effects his energy levels.

tallweeds, OptimalSkr and Gina R like this.
  16. Sun Disciple

Sun Disciple AKA Paul...That Call Drop'n Canadian

I will be landing In PDC/Tulum area DEC 9th for my annual cenote tour. I will be hitting a different one each day if your in the area between the 9th and 15th feel free to send a message if you wanna hook up.
    I also found some interesting timbits here is a mineral analysis of 5 different cenotes around tulum.

[​IMG]

https://www.researchgate.net/figure...nd-rainy-seasons-Values-are-in_tbl1_226771719

Also I found that Cristal bottled water is sourced from cenote system so it makes a good choice while down there as it should be D depleted.
    http://yucatantoday.com/agua-cristal-2/?lang=en

GringoPerdido, Antonis and Gina R like this.
  17. Gina R

Gina R New Member

very cool! I'm interested in linking up. I'll be in PDC as of 11th!

18. GringoPerdido

GringoPerdido New Member

After visiting many cenotes, Sac Actun is by far my favorite. It's the coldest (and most expensive).

Jack Kruse and Gina R like this.
  19. Gina R

Gina R New Member

Hi all! I'm off to Yucatan tomorrow. I'll be in Isla for a week and then PDC for a week then at some point Tulum. If you are around, reach out and let's meet up!

20. GringoPerdido

GringoPerdido New Member

Good for you! I’m in PDC til the 9th.

Gina R likes this.