1. Registering for the Forum

We require a human profile pic upon registration on this forum.

After registration is submitted, you will receive a confirmation email, which should contain a link to confirm your intent to register for the forum. At this point, you will not yet be registered on the forum.

Our Support staff will manually approve your account within 24 hours, and you will get a notification. This is to prevent the many spam account signups which we receive on a daily basis.

If you have any problems completing this registration, please email support@jackkruse.com and we will assist you.

Playa Del Carmen Megathread

Discussion in 'The New Monster Thread' started by OptimalSkr, Aug 8, 2018.

1. MegaMan

MegaMan New Member

I bought some duct tape and taped an electrosmog meter to my motorbike... I use the acousticom 2. You can pretty much forget about Puerto Aventuras if you're EHS. I've got a house on the very outskirts of Playa del Carmen now + a shielding canopy... not ideal but workable.

If the acousticom reads in the yellow you can shield it down to green... above that, no chance. Almost everywhere is orange or red here. If anyone has any advice on remote places to stay (other than Isla Holbox) please let me know!

FYI: red and orange are 4g so as you can see it's already everywhere here. Absolutely everywhere. Green is 3g but I haven't been able to find any accommodation in the green areas of the map.

[​IMG]

Also, 5g has arrived in Mexico... it's starting to be rolled out in Mexico City (the purple dot on this map):

[​IMG]

Another year or two and it will be in PdC no doubt. Unfortunately third world countries are absolutely littered with 4g infrastructure these days. I actually had more problems with radiation in Brazil and Colombia than I did in Europe... less regulations I guess.

It's incredibly cheap to put up a tower. The cost of some metal rods plus a giant router basically. Plus it's highly profitable. Poverty is not holding these third world governments back from irradiating every nook and cranny of their countries.

Wish I came with better news. Source: https://www.nperf.com/en/map/MX/-/3...418678035357388&lg=-99.09928901586684&zoom=11

2. Thank you for sharing

MegaMan likes this.
  3. Wow

4. JanSz

JanSz Gold

Keep in mind that only Mexican citizens are allowed to purchase land in that area.

5. Thank you

6. Dave Key

Dave Key E-sick

I visited a friend near Akumal recently. Her place was in the jungle off the main highway between Tulum PDC.
    It's not easy to find because there are no signs or a decent road from the highway. It just looks like dirt road going off to the jungle. She said these jungle properties are coveted because everyone wants to get out of the crowded cities...
    I would definitely get busy finding a place because the snowbirds will be coming down in the next month. January is peak season and prices double in some places.

John Schumacher and MegaMan like this.
  7. MegaMan

MegaMan New Member

Awesome, do you know how she found this place? What websites are best to use for that? Airbnb and booking seem pretty city and beach centric.

8. Dave Key

Dave Key E-sick

Populated areas are pretty trashed as far as radiation goes. You can find pockets of low radiation here and there. Your best bet is searching for a place just far enough from radiation, and still access necessities.
    The good thing about Mexico is most of the places I've stayed are built with cement and blocks, not wood, so you get protection from RF as long as you don't have too many windows. Ground floors are always better in populated areas because you have extra wall thickness to lower radiation. 2nd and 3rd floors are usually higher in radiation but sometimes you get lucky.
    My best tip for home searching is find or hire a Spanish speaker to do the talking for you. It will save you hundreds of dollars each month. Speaking English excites the greed gland here lol

9. MegaMan

MegaMan New Member

Yeah, that definitely helps. The best shielding hotel I've stayed in was a place made of solid bricks. It shields so well that it was actually difficult to pick up the hotel's own wifi inside some of the rooms even though the router wasn't far.
    I speak fluent Spanish, so all good on that front. But how did your friend find the place in the jungle? Driving around and knocking on doors? Or used some website and if so which?

Thanks Dave!

10. Dave Key

Dave Key E-sick

I'll message her and see if I can get some info

MegaMan likes this.
  11. Dave Key

Dave Key E-sick

FB marketplace has a few good deals

MegaMan likes this.
  12. MegaMan

MegaMan New Member

Awesome, I will check there. By the way, quick update - I'm going to leave PdC soon and stay in a smaller town. Radiation is still too high here for me to get really good sleep, even on the very outskirts (I'm in Jardines de Mayakoba). Could be because I go into PdC proper every day though, I'm not sure.

13. Nice dialog, @MegaMan -> what nnEMF meter are you using to test out an area? I use https://www.slt.co/Products/RFMeters/SafeandSoundProIIRFMeter.aspx

14. MegaMan

MegaMan New Member

Thanks John... I use an acousticom 2... it's awesome because it's calibrated to the findings of the Bio Initiative. Meaning it shows a green light in ranges of radiation that will have no known biological effects on most people, yellow for some effects, orange for serious effects and red for "leave this area right now" lol.

It's also pocket size and goes from 200 MHz to 8 GHz.

https://www.amazon.com/s?k=acousticom+2&ref=nb_sb_noss_2
    https://bioinitiative.org/conclusions/

John Schumacher likes this.
  15. MegaMan

MegaMan New Member

Hey Hunger4More, where did you buy the bottled spring water?

Thanks!

16. Hunger4More

Hunger4More New Member

Literally picked it up at the gas station... availability is super easy like in north america.

MegaMan likes this.
  17. shah78

shah78 Gold

18. shah78

shah78 Gold

how many hours a day do you sit in the water? you never mention that stat... you only mention the negative aspects of the yucatan. try an island. there is always 1 or 2 good nnEMF angles to protect you while you suck up the quatum yield.

19. shah78

shah78 Gold

plus tourism is way down.... far less emf than in march.

20. shah78

shah78 Gold

come visit. :)