1. Registering for the Forum

We require a human profile pic upon registration on this forum.

After registration is submitted, you will receive a confirmation email, which should contain a link to confirm your intent to register for the forum. At this point, you will not yet be registered on the forum.

Our Support staff will manually approve your account within 24 hours, and you will get a notification. This is to prevent the many spam account signups which we receive on a daily basis.

If you have any problems completing this registration, please email support@jackkruse.com and we will assist you.

Playa Del Carmen Megathread

Discussion in 'The New Monster Thread' started by OptimalSkr, Aug 8, 2018.

1. Nancy Hampel

Nancy Hampel New Member

I also plan to go this winter, have never been and recovering from lyme. Appreciate any more info on where to stay close to beaches and cenotes.

Phosphene and OptimalSkr like this.
  2. OptimalSkr

OptimalSkr New Member

3. Phosphene

Phosphene Gold (finally)

Huh?

4. Antonis

Antonis Free diving

sorry, misunderstood. I thought he bought seaweed.

Phosphene likes this.
  5. Inna

Inna Platinum

I booked trip to PDC (flying from Boston to Cancun) 11/11 - 11/16,
    Would love to connect with mitochondriacs there, could use advice re place to stay, thanks!

Gina R and Phosphene like this.
  6. Phosphene

Phosphene Gold (finally)

Wow @Inna—Florida and Mexico—you go girl! I can’t make the upcoming member events but looking at January for a family trip, and staying a bit longer myself. March is a possibility as well, but don’t want to wait that long.

Hopefully both!

Also looking for suggestions, and open to sharing a place with the right folks.

7. Inna

Inna Platinum

Glad you are planning family trip to pdc in January,

Btw, i plan to be there end of January as well, my older daughter goes there every year with her inlaws, so i will spend a week there with all of them

Phosphene likes this.
  8. Dylan Petkus

Dylan Petkus Quantum Clinician in Training

Just booked airfare! Going to be there 12/29 to 1/5.

Time to find my passport.

9. PokeYouInDaEye

PokeYouInDaEye New Member

Why Playa del Carmen and not Chicxulub or Mérida? Isn't that the epicentre?

Gina R likes this.
  10. GringoPerdido

GringoPerdido New Member

I’ll be in Playa Del carmen on oct 11-23. Would love to connect!

shah78 likes this.
  11. GringoPerdido

GringoPerdido New Member

Anyone know where the most beneficial place is near Playa Del Carmen and how far it extends.

I have friends by Lake Bacalar which has illuminescence and I want to check that out too. Does the beneficial field extend that far?

Could the resonance of the illuminescent bacteria be good for the body?

shah78 and Marko Pollo like this.
  12. drezy

drezy Gold

In short, it already is beneficial inside your gut.

13. mbhemming

mbhemming Gold

Cell towers are everywhere.

It's so easy to make friends there. I wasn't expecting to have a full blown social life within 4 days of being down there. I still skype with two friends I met there. One is from PDC and one from Veracruz.

I stayed about a 5 minute walk from the beach in an AirBnB. Prices of everything are cheaper there. The prices are really cheap if you stay on the other side of the highway bu that may be too far to the beach, unless you have a bike. The place we stayed at cost 80$USD per night split between two people. Everyone told us that we got a good price for Dec 1st to Dec 23rd. I know the members here stay at The Royal. I didn't intend to but I ended up staying close to it and using the beach entrance right beside it. I also played beach volleyball at the resort everyday.

If you stay off the beach then take a taxi home if it's late at night. The police will rob you. They planted drugs on me and I had to give them my money to not go to jail. The actually set up ambush points on side roads and wait for tourists to come. You can walk home if your with a group that has mexicans in it. In the end they only took like 20$ from me lol. It felt like a real trip to mexico after being a victim of extortion!

Even walking 5 minutes away from the beach the food and drinks will be significantly cheaper.

Groceries shouldn't be a problem no matter where you are in the city. But check google maps before booking. I don’t know if the meat was grass fed or anything. Also there is one brand of butter that is real butter. I forget what it was called now.

Taxis will try to rip you off. When you meet mexican friends get them to tell you what prices should generally be.

Don't drink the tap water or order drinks that have ice cubes.

The beach is is nicer in Tutum but it’s nice enough. There is one entrance that smells like shit. Don’t worry, it’s just rotten seaweed. And it’s only at one small area.

If you like to party, then I can tell you about a hostel to go to on wednesday nights. They fill the roof with rooftop parties. It’s open to anyone, you don’t have to be staying in the hostel. Girls drink free and the beers are cheap for guys. I would say it’s 33% local mexicans and 66% tourists. It is the friendliest vibe I have ever seen at a bar.

The main street is made of bricks. You can just walk barefoot and be grounded.

I really loved it there. In fact just typing this message really stimulated feelings of how I mis it. I’m moving to Latin America in December. I plan on being nomadic at first. I hope to spend a significant portion of the year in PDC. I think it would be too hot for me to live there year round. It would probably be harder to get work done too. I plan on mainly living in the altiplano at around 4000-5000ft elevation. It’s like having spring all year round.

Rena3, Gina R, OptimalSkr and 4 others like this.
  14. GringoPerdido

GringoPerdido New Member

Bro! Awesome info! Thanks!

I would like to check out that hostel party.

15. mbhemming

mbhemming Gold

@RobInDC The hostel is at the corner of calle 34 and 20th ave. It's called Lobo De Mar.

This is me on the roof with a couple friends I met there.
    IMG_0462.jpg

GringoPerdido likes this.
  16. GringoPerdido

GringoPerdido New Member

@mbhemming Right on! I may even stay there or checkout the scuba. Thanks again!

17. GringoPerdido

GringoPerdido New Member

Would be cool if there was a Playa Del Carmen RX.

Are there any supplements to make the most of a trip down there?

18. OptimalSkr

OptimalSkr New Member

Great post man! thanks for all the first hand insights - it will really help people looking to go down there

19. shah78

shah78 Gold

SUPPLEMENTS? Really? the whole idea of coming to the Yucatan is that you can get rid of that shit! :) I'm down to 10 cents of supps a day. and headed lower.

Alex97232 and Antonis like this.
  20. shah78

shah78 Gold

I agree with sun disciple. don't drink directly from a cenote.

Last edited: Oct 6, 2018
    Alex97232, GringoPerdido and Antonis like this.