1. Registering for the Forum

We require a human profile pic upon registration on this forum.

After registration is submitted, you will receive a confirmation email, which should contain a link to confirm your intent to register for the forum. At this point, you will not yet be registered on the forum.

Our Support staff will manually approve your account within 24 hours, and you will get a notification. This is to prevent the many spam account signups which we receive on a daily basis.

If you have any problems completing this registration, please email support@jackkruse.com and we will assist you.

Playa Del Carmen Megathread

Discussion in 'The New Monster Thread' started by OptimalSkr, Aug 8, 2018.

1. JanSz

JanSz Gold

Have you changed your diet while there?

2. Michalis

Michalis New Member

If you go again head south mate.. Honestly PDC sucks.. I had the most amazing time and generally feeling great south of Tulum. The southern the better. I have documented everything in my journal.

Gina R and shah78 like this.
  3. kris90

kris90 New Member

I definitely indulged a little more than I should've given it was all-inclusive. I would've thought I could handle the carbs better, but I guess the EMFs were overbearing. Should've probably remained ketotic.
    Ya, I think regardless of latitude, population density is key. EMFs can ruin the benefits. Personally I don't have a need to go south since I'm thriving at high latitude/low population living and have no health ailments. It's more of a stress for me to get on a plane and go from snowy/cold to hot sun and not worth the benefit.

Marko Pollo, drezy, shah78 and 2 others like this.
  4. caroline

caroline Moderator

your n=1 ......so important

kris90 and drezy like this.
  5. kris90

kris90 New Member

Very much so!

I find we've forgotten a lot of the old JK stuff especially in relation to cold adaptation and CT. Nobody seems to be leveraging the ancient pathway! Including Jack himself. Everyone is chasing the sun. Well, there IS such thing as too much sun contrary to popular belief here...

Today is -20 C and it's a beautiful, clear, sunny day. I can feel the heat of the sun on my skin despite the air being beyond chilling and numbing. Cold has been my life saver, and staying at the 45th latitude is easy for me because I live 40 minutes away from Ottawa. I could not thrive in Ottawa, so I chose to get out and surround myself by trees in a less populated rural area.

6. JanSz

JanSz Gold

Well, there IS such thing as too much sun contrary to popular belief here...
    -----
    I think @Jackkruse discussed that (responding to me).
    Imagine polar bear (100% ketogenic) going to the equator for more sun.
    Or even brown bear, full of berries, fat and highly diabetic, just about ready to hibernate (and fast), change his mind, hop on the plane going to the equator.
    That is the analogy.
    Most of us, especially the healthy ones, have to stay where they are and behave according to latitude.
    I think.

7. Inger

Inger Silver

nah... ;) I do, Kris! :) :)
    I am in the dark...doing my regular CT every day and keeping it cool :) doing exactly as I have done the past years too. I just love it :) As long as I get tons of darkness and sleep and some cool/cold I feel great in winter :)
    of course I am strictly carnivore too. Today I had lots of lambs liver gently cooked rare for dinner, and raw grassfed bone marrow and fat with it... yum. Then raw organic salmon for breakfast.

8. drezy

drezy New Member

Some here do both. I don't see fasting, cold, and sunlight as mutually exclusive. They are part of my daily routine since the first time you and I discussed fasting and eating years ago. Don't count me out of the game.

shah78, caroline and JanSz like this.
  9. kris90

kris90 New Member

That's right how could I have forgotten! You are one of the few that can relate to feeling incredible in the cold/dark :)

True my bad drezy. I generalized a little too much. What I meant was all the folks I encountered in person during the Mexico 2020 event.

shah78 and caroline like this.
  10. caroline

caroline Moderator

A lot of the new folks here want instant success .....not going to happen!
    The old JK stuff was pure gold ......and I suppose we weren't quite so overwhelmed.
    It just all made sense and we did what we needed to do.

Chris - How did your Mom do in Cancun?

11. kris90

kris90 New Member

For sure, and there is a trend lately: "where do you live?" "well that's your problem, you need to move to the equator." But there is a lot we can do in our current environment. Yes EMF is all around, sometimes all you need is to live 30-60 mins outside the city. I guess my context is a little different being in Canada, because we have one of the best locations in the world IMO. We are the 2nd largest country in the world, and yet our population is all within a few major cities. There is so much Northern territory that is unhabited if need be, but luckily right now I've got country living within an hour of Ottawa. It's been pretty good so far. But I also embrace winter, and am shifting toward a 100% carnivore diet. I do everything I possibly could correctly, and I'm now immune to nnEMF and blue light when I decide to go and have some fun. Most of the time, the fear of it hurting us creates a larger stress response than actually being exposed to it. Especially when you go out with good people, and celebrate life. A positive mindset has been an absolute MUST for combating environmental stressors and allows one to enjoy life.

My mom felt the same. Gut was off a little, and she feels better in Canada. We both love winter, and had no need for the sun, although it was a nice treat. We ate a lot of things we normally wouldn't. Probably excitement of being somewhere new, and all the food/drinks were included haha. I definitely got some skin damage from the sun. What can I say, sunlight is addictive, but it's still harmful in high doses. Nowhere in the history of man did we purposely chase the hot blistering sun around solar noon, just like we never purposely sat in ice cold water. I use sun and CT in moderation for a good boost, but with my positive mindset on life, I've learned to better hold my light, so I no longer need to plug in to nature 24/7. Don't get me wrong, I love outdoors and nature, but I don't need it as much as I thought I did, and I do feel sorry for individuals who need 10-12 hours of being grounded in the sun just to feel optimal. They must be losing too much light when they disconnect.

12. Saichi

Saichi New Member

Totally agree, living really low nnemf is the answer to being healthy. And those of us from northern latitude lineages love the natural cold, I personally wouldn't feel good in the heat and humidity of the equator. I couldn't even handle New Orleans during the summer. Oh and there's plenty of sun in the 40's latitudes!

Bob Stirling and kris90 like this.
  13. kris90

kris90 New Member

Very true. Our summers are quite hot up here too, and that's when I soak up my UV. Still usually need to take a bit of shade around solar noon after my 15-20 mins Vitamin D harvesting session.

14. JanSz

JanSz Gold

Add to the above:
    https://rredc.nrel.gov/solar/old_data/nsrdb/1961-1990/redbook/atlas/serve.cgi
    (optimistic) solar energy one meter square person receives yearly is kWhr/m2/day= 5
    5kWh daily
    ----------------------
    How many kilograms of hydrogen must be burned to get 5kW energy?
    When one kg of hydrogen is burned it releases 33920kcal/kg
    860kcal=1kW
    5kW=5*860=4300kcal
    4300/33920=0.127 kg hydrogen
    there is 1/9 ratio of hydrogen/oxygen in the water
    0.127*9=1.14 kg of water

From a 1 kg of fat we are making 1.1 kg of water (and energy as calculated)
    That is
    if someone would stay totally naked on equator, 24/7/365
    he/she would receive energy equal to about eating 1.04 kg of fat daily (minus nutrients that the fat contains).

Since on equator there is a day and night, and sunrise and sundown, and shades under the trees ...... much less of (equivalent) fat is present on equator.

Last edited: Jan 20, 2020
  15. kris90

kris90 New Member

It makes sense JanSz that we need little fat at the equator with the light stability. But at the poles, uncoupling generates the heat for water splitting. Our only purpose for large amounts of fat storage would be fall the transition of low UV to the cold. Unfortubately modern humans live a perpetual fall fattening life and they cannot use heat or sunlight to get the job done.

I usually kickstart my CT in the fall. I really step it up and it helps offset any fat gain from the seasonal carbs I occasionally indulge in during that time.

caroline and Bob Stirling like this.
  16. Novah

Novah Gold

Thanks for addressing this. Well said.

Gina R and kris90 like this.
  17. Saichi

Saichi New Member

You ever consider the ocean's faraday being your actual cure rather than the crater's magnetism? Proposing in case you don't want to sit in water all day for the rest of your life perhaps you could just find a low RF living space instead.

shah78 likes this.
  18. Hannah Barrows

Hannah Barrows New Member

Still a bunch of seaweed on the beaches as of 2020? Planning to go end of August for our honeymoon :D

19. shah78

shah78 Gold

no seaweed issue on isla since mid

september

20. shah78

shah78 Gold

come to isla in augusr. we have four sides, so you can avoid seaweed.

Hannah Barrows likes this.