1. Registering for the Forum

We require a human profile pic upon registration on this forum.

After registration is submitted, you will receive a confirmation email, which should contain a link to confirm your intent to register for the forum. At this point, you will not yet be registered on the forum.

Our Support staff will manually approve your account within 24 hours, and you will get a notification. This is to prevent the many spam account signups which we receive on a daily basis.

If you have any problems completing this registration, please email support@jackkruse.com and we will assist you.

Playa Del Carmen Megathread

Discussion in 'The New Monster Thread' started by OptimalSkr, Aug 8, 2018.

1. shah78

shah78 Gold

Come visit me, janz! It will really blow your mind.:) do all your tests before you come and then after your month stay here.

Phosphene and KrusinWitchie like this.
  2. shah78

shah78 Gold

ICU= intensive cure unit. Now I get what you're talkin about :)

3. shah78

shah78 Gold

Took me a few minutes in the water to figure it out :)

Last edited: Jul 12, 2019
  4. shah78

shah78 Gold

I wasn't thinking straight the first time I read your comments. Why do I get up at 3 a.m.? Because I went to bed at 8 p.m. I was sleeping 7 hours straight in those days :)

caroline likes this.
  5. shah78

shah78 Gold

And then I go back for a few more. But my above comment does stand. Thank you for getting me to eat earlier in the day. I do sleep deeper now, and longer

caroline likes this.
  6. Phosphene

Phosphene Gold (finally)

Hi! I stayed with Lloyd ( @shah78 ) and I’m in the process of finalizing my next winter healing session—this time a month in Mexico, with at least three weeks on Isla (one with my family), and possibly elsewhere visiting a few peeps. I’m calling it my Mexican Redox Redux :)

Now I have to admit I’m extremely fortunate that my physical and mental health issues are not nearly as severe as what many others are facing. This is entirely due to following Kruse principles (even with my inconsistencies) and a bit of yoga and meditation. I haven’t been to an allopathic or alternative practitioner in over two years, possibly three. I’m losing count.

I’m also fortunate to be semi-retired at age 50, after too many years slogging through a corporate career that very nearly killed me. I’m pretty sure I have a second (actually third) act though—still determining what that needs to be.

I say all this just to provide context. I’m trying to picture what I would do if one of my young adult kids had a mysterious incapacitating illness. I really feel for you and pray I never face the same situation.

Would I recommend you stay with Lloyd? Yes, with a few caveats:
    • His apartment is NOT near the beach, at least not one where you can hang out all day. Taxis are necessary and while cheap and abundant, they tend to favor the local workers so it can mean a short walk (block or two) and wait (up to 15 minutes). You could always grab the taxi and then pick up your daughter.
    • There is a walk from taxi drop to the beach of several hundred yards. You could certainly stop for breaks, but keep that in mind if she is so incapacitated. Depending on conditions (wind, minor seaweed) another short walk could be needed to get to a better spot.
    • There are no public bathrooms on the beaches—only a few porta potties. Was not a problem for me since my morning dumps were on schedule and of course everyone pees in the ocean (right? :D) but just something to consider. You can always buy something small at one of the beach cafes and go there.
    • There is relatively little shade, and although that’s of course a positive the sun is indeed intense. The idea is that you wear a broad hat to protect your face and neck and stay submerged but that’s not entirely practical. During the high mid-day UV I needed a few dabs of natural zinc oxide on tender bits till my solar callus (tan) improved.
    • Yes, i suppose it could get a tad tedious with little to do all day besides talk, eat, swim/snorkel or listening to downloaded music/podcasts/webinars but that wasn’t my experience. Lloyd is a fascinating conversationalist but he needs downtime too. I was lucky that several mitochondriacs were visiting that week, and I’m absolutely fine with entertaining myself with just my freaky brain—absolutely no room for boredom! :)
    Okay enough of the possible downsides. (Or at least all I can think of for now. You can search some of my other posts for additional details of my experience.) Overall, Lloyd is a compassionate, knowledgeable, dedicated and trustworthy quantum host. He will no doubt do everything in his power to help your daughter.

A little known fact that I hope he doesn’t mind me sharing is that he’s also an experienced neuro-muscular therapist (masseur who knows his shit) with expert knowledge of anatomy/physiology. I didn’t last year but will definitely this year enlist those services.

Hope this helps!

Jude, Sean Waters, caroline and 2 others like this.
  7. Phosphene

Phosphene Gold (finally)

Not my experience, but I’m no water expert either. During my visit in mid-January the water was pristine, with very tolerable amounts of seaweed. But then again I’m relatively easy to please. :D

Isla has the advantage of being an island of course, so the mild but constant currents sweep excessive seaweed, debris and any nasties away.

caroline, shah78 and Saichi like this.
  8. Saichi

Saichi New Member

Since the cell masts are behind your home and the severe condition of your daughter's health, instead of waiting two months to go on vacation your family's health would be much better served finding a short term rental in or near your town with very little nnEMF until you can move into a new permanent home if not an immediate option. After your daughter's not being assaulted 24/7 and can begin recovering there's surely plenty of nature around there she can spend time in to accelerate healing. After she returns closer to 'normal' by having a non-toxic home environment, then you can do as much redox vacationing in the Yucatan or elsewhere as you want.

Alex97232 and Phosphene like this.
  9. shah78

shah78 Gold

Your check is in the mail.:) :) :)

caroline and Phosphene like this.
  10. Phosphene

Phosphene Gold (finally)

A massage will suffice! :rofl::thumbsup:

caroline and shah78 like this.
  11. Phosphene

Phosphene Gold (finally)

Has anyone thoroughly checked Isla Holbox? I remember someone saying there were potential sewage issues due to poor drainage during storms, but it does seem less populated and developed?

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Isla_Holbox

12. shah78

shah78 Gold

holbox was much better than Isla Mujeres. No cars allowed. But they have a huge sewage problem. They have a mosquito problem certain months of the year. And there was absolutely no protein Source available on the island outside of a restaurant. They're also no banks. I still would have given it a try but I had better connections for apartments on Isla.

13. shah78

shah78 Gold

Imagine that. I took the lazy / easy way out.

caroline likes this.
  14. shah78

shah78 Gold

Worked out ike a dream. A lazy dream

caroline likes this.
  15. caroline

caroline Moderator

Can't say the I am ever bored at the ocean ....I can sit/walk/swim for hours and hours and hours.........

16. Alex97232

Alex97232 Gold

same--so happy you have that, so close to the truth.

shah78 and caroline like this.
  17. caroline

caroline Moderator

Tony will often look at me [at the ocean] and say to me "you are in your happy place here aren't you"

Phosphene, Alex97232 and shah78 like this.
  18. It is interesting how I could group most of you into Generation X, and state that all of you have a totally different experience of your environments than those of us from Generation Y....

Generation Y
    noun
    noun: Generation Y; plural noun: Generation Ys
    1. the generation born in the 1980s and 1990s, comprising primarily the children of the baby boomers and typically perceived as increasingly familiar with digital and electronic technology.

-----------------------------------------------------

I'm also glad none of you have this insuffering impatience to feeling irritable, stressed and bored on a super-hot beach when you got EHS.

I think the struggle comes back to nnEMF and Blue Light exposure to the Central Nervous System which is unmyelinated for the first 25 years... Most of Generation Y has been playing on Video Games and Computers since before that age of 10. That's 15 years of Raw Vinegar poured over Open Flesh............ We've probably also had the least time outside, the most vegetables/ grains and "health" food pushed onto our plates, and the most RF naturally occuring in our environment due to increase of Cell Phones and WiF - even if we didn't sit on Tech all night on Grand Theft Auto.

You can start to build a picture of why we are so sensitive and we have so many issues with the Sun and the Natural Environment. The next generation are really going to have issues...........

Although I state "boredom", that is how I describe it - but in reality, what is boredom? and why do I feel it?... why couldn't I be content?... You are right to be averse to this feeling, it isn't natural.

I think it is a Dopamine based issue. The feeling of satisfaction, reward, motivation to just "be" on this beautiful beach.

Again, that is something Generation Y really can't vibe with......... they have to take a pic on Instagram to enjoy it, get some likes rolling in for them to truly appreciate it. For me, it was a time when leaving London after 2 years - my Redox was the worst it had EVER been.... and my Dopamine was in a hole...... based on me smoking cigarettes and boozing before I left in depression, and that was probably, due to 20 years of Microwaves, RF and Blue Light .... Plus, Social Media/ Video Games = instant gratification = and total demolition of my dopamine receptors.

Generation Y also has the highest rate of Suicide, and it is the biggest killer of our Youth today.... anyone say Dopamine?

For my generation, having a support network is critical. None of us are retired, and don't have stability that others do. It gives us an advantage as to being "free". But, that ain't really the truth when you haven't got any money or assets behind you. Everything is a leap of faith... and when you have EHS, and you are sick, you seriously cannot afford to fuck up... because of the financial risks it poses. The reality could be you needing Social Support and reliance on the Government for money......... well, that is definitely somewhere you don't want to be.

You need parachute after parachute. And often, you get fed bad advice from parents and peers who just don't understand, and noone teaches how to think for yourself - and you end up making seriously bad errors that are often costly.

I've been very lucky to have a Job that pays so well and that allows me to work Freelance. When I left London - I couldn't make it into work more than 3 days a week, and had to have 2 hours extra off in the morning - I had a great job who allowed me to do this - BUT is that the same for everyone?

These days, my Redox is a lot better.... But, I have to do every little thing right to feel alright and make it in.... I can't afford to be wasting 2 months on an Island not knowing why it ain't working and just blaming myself.... I need sensible and sound advice from fellow forum members who will inform me of the risks and pitfalls I could face in my low dopamine/ low redox state - because I can't think well for myself, due to my low redox.

We are all on this forum to learn, and to grow, but it is a community and I believe a lot of people come here looking for People to Pack their Parachutes..... and I'd like to be the guy that gives them every possible angle on what it will be like jumping out of that plane.... because ultimately, their mitochondria will experience it different to everyone else - but being aware of the possibilities shuts down the Dunning Kruger Effect.... You can't truly control a Black Swan Event, or predict it... but you can prepare, and prepare well.

I love this picture Jack put up recently, it really shows what Life is like when we are in tough situations with our Circle of 6.... I think this is happening on the Forum right here and now...........

[​IMG]

We are all trying to help one another, but we are seeing things from two totally different perspectives.

"The man doesn't know that there is a snake underneath.
    The woman doesn't know that there is a stone crushing the man.
    The woman thinks: “I am going to fall! and I can't climb because the snake is going to bite me! Why can't the man use a little more strength and pull me up!"
    The man thinks: “I am in so much pain! Yet I'm still pulling you as much as I can! why don't you try and climb a little harder?!" The moral is: You can't see the pressure the other person is under, and the other person can't see the pain that you're in.

This is life, no matter whether it's with work, family, feelings or friends we should try to understand each other. MAKE YOUR PERCEPTION SEE ANOTHER'S REALITY. MANY THINK THEY KNOW THE WHOLE STORY BUT RARELY DO.
    Learn to think differently, perhaps more clearly and communicate better by learning to listen better.
    A little thought and patience go a long way."

I'm glad people feel good on Isla. It sucks to go somewhere so nice and not be able to enjoy it.

Hopefully I don't sound like i'm beating on it - which I'm not. But, I'm trying to present a whole picture of it before everyone just makes it out to be the best place on Earth... cause for me, and others, it didn't do the trick.

"Make your perception see another's reality"............. Context is everything :)

Phosphene, Alex97232 and 5G Canary like this.
  19. drezy

drezy Gold

I like that observation and I think thermal be more than two at play.

and I do remember a Q&A where Doc mentioned "I have a member that appears to be a cold guy." I think this was after your trip and I thought it might be you. If not there may be two or more.

I've had conversations with people like you describe, like other than just you dude. We didn't have an exclusive relationship did we b/c I'm kinda a convo slut? I love the stories and ideas of most people here.

Not all fall into gen Y from my recollection. They seem not ready for the heat and I'm not certain that it's just a solar callous issue but I've conversed with enough people for this to stand out over time.

As much as it's distressing to see mud wrestling here that isn't of the bikini clad women type (Probably not an appropriate Q&A request, right?) . It is useful information to see two people at the elephant adamant on it being a tree trunk vs a wall.

True confession, as I work through my own learning I always hope I'm not the one calling out "No, it's a shoulder deep warm hole that smells funny!"

I didn't have the words earlier for this but it feels like I'm in a lab in the early 1900s hearing:
    "Dude! It's a wave!"
    "No Bro! It's a particle!"

What if the picture is a little bigger?

20. I agree............ The picture is definitely bigger...

I think in life there are millions of realities/ universes. I have no doubt that 2 months on Isla would improve mine right now, and it definitely improved it back then... but I struggled, and did not understand... Could I have done with some more cold water Cenotes in my EHS state and my broken mitochondrial proteins?... Could I have done with maybe being higher latitude, somewhere like Canary Islands - little Cooler, still with some decent UV?....

All these options I never considered before I left, and there are many more options/choices.............. just being aware of that is what I'm trying to say here.