1. Registering for the Forum

We require a human profile pic upon registration on this forum.

After registration is submitted, you will receive a confirmation email, which should contain a link to confirm your intent to register for the forum. At this point, you will not yet be registered on the forum.

Our Support staff will manually approve your account within 24 hours, and you will get a notification. This is to prevent the many spam account signups which we receive on a daily basis.

If you have any problems completing this registration, please email support@jackkruse.com and we will assist you.

Playa Del Carmen Megathread

Discussion in 'The New Monster Thread' started by OptimalSkr, Aug 8, 2018.

1. Dave Key

Dave Key E-sick

Currently, sargassum seaweed is accumulating in significant amounts on Yucatan beaches.
    A little research revealed that this seaweed is edible, not the most nutritious but still edible. So instead of cursing it I'm going to start eating it. There's tons of it!

It raises a deeper question, though.
    A prehistoric question.
    The occlusal surfaces on our teeth resemble the teeth of an herbivore.
    Did our ancestors discover DHA-rich seafood while foraging for seaweed once they were separated from jungle canopies?
    Could this be a reason why we kept our herbivore teeth, because we traded jungle canopies for underwater canopies; and while harvesting seaweed also discovered how to harvest seafood?

Attached Files:

Nicolaj SĂžlvsten likes this.
  2. shah78

shah78 Gold

there is a yucatan tub.. alas, just no yucatan backyard. :(

3. caroline

caroline Moderator

How does everyone recognise Shah when they go to meet him??????????

Dave Key likes this.
  4. Aaron Bennett

Aaron Bennett New Member

Hey David. Are you in PDC now? I've never been and am thinking of going to stay at The Royal in June or July for a week. Does the seaweed make it impossible to relax and soak in the water? Has Jack ever mentioned any ill effects from soaking in or around the seaweed? Thanks! And do you live there now?

5. Dave Key

Dave Key E-sick

The seaweed situation in PDC right now is dismal. The calmness of the waters do not carry away the seaweed so it piles up and accumulates in the water making it muddy and smelly. The only solution is to rent a paddleboard to paddle past the seaweed far enough away from the beach to find clear water to dip in. A guy named Gustavo rents paddle boards by the hour, day, week.
    Isla mujeres, the island adjacent to Cancun is free of seaweed at the moment. Cozumel might be another island option to find beaches without seaweed. Further south in Tulum where I am camping on the beach the 2-3 foot waves keep the seaweed from pooling at the shore as it does in the calmer waters of Playa del Carmen.
    There are practically no tourists on the beach in Playa. Most visitors are walking up and down the shopping area along 5th avenue.

6. JanSz

JanSz Gold

upload_2019-5-16_10-53-19.png [/ATTACH]
    -------------------------------------------------

Last edited: May 16, 2019
  7. Dave Key

Dave Key E-sick

Last edited: May 16, 2019
    drezy likes this.
  8. drezy

drezy Gold

I was thinking Newark

Even Edison NJ these days...

Dave Key likes this.
  9. JanSz

JanSz Gold

Why not Chicago?

10. drezy

drezy Gold

Too easy

JanSz likes this.
  11. Aaron Bennett

Aaron Bennett New Member

Is the magnetism and health benefits that Jack promotes is in PDC the same in Isla Mujeres? Are the downsides that you're kind of isolated and the cenotes are farther away? I've never been down there, but am thinking of going in June or July for 1-2 weeks at a resort.

Just looking for some guidance here. I do have a ton of health issues, so that'd be my main reason for going. Sitting in the water, etc.

shah78 likes this.
  12. Dave Key

Dave Key E-sick

There are great cenotes close to Playa.
    I spent my first night on Isla last night. The water is cool in the morning and barely any seaweed, beautiful blue water. Playa beaches smell so bad nobody even goes. The seaweed is really bad.
    If you stay in Playa you could take an ADO bus up to Cancun and ferry to the Isle, and you can take a Colectivo van down to cenote's. We went to Eden cenote the other day. It was my first cenote trip and I brought flippers, snorkel & mask. It was awesome! It was a great break from the heat.

13. drezy

drezy Gold

@Bob Stirling I imagine you stretched out on the beach with everyone else running away saying "I don't smell a thing!" and having the whole beach to yourself.

Alex97232 likes this.
  14. Bob Stirling

Bob Stirling New Member

LOL, yes that's what would happen!

Alex97232 and drezy like this.
  15. shah78

shah78 Gold

there are no down sides. where did this bullshit start :) its not "isolated" what does that mean.?? the magnetism is the same. where did this idea come from?......the difference?..... no seaweed and no waves!!!!! less emf...... you need to go in the water.... not the" resort" pool. the water of the crater. 6 to 10 hours a day.

16. shah78

shah78 Gold

this theme is becoming a constant one....... are you coming to the yucatan for a vacation with a splash de" quantum", or are you coming to the yucatan for a cure using quantum principles??? there is a big, fucking difference..... google: cleveland browns . google :new england patriots. :) hint.... failure vs success

Alex97232 likes this.
  17. I have only visited la isla one day while staying ing cancun. If i were to return, i would rent a place on la isla and take a day trip to a cenote. Besides the health bennies attested to by shah 78, my wife and I much prefered the vibe there over the las vegas glam of cancun. Just our impression. Only downside was that shah was off the island and i couldnt train under el Wim Hof de a isla!

shah78 and drezy like this.
  18. drezy

drezy Gold

Oh come on! You get to see for yourself and decide if fat drunk Americans are more obnoxious the fat drunk Brits.

I was last almost vomited on by a Brit down there, so I've got them in the lead right now.

Marko Pollo likes this.
  19. Hahaha. Lots of drunks wherever we go! I guess we miss alot by going to bed early

20. Aaron Bennett

Aaron Bennett New Member

Thanks shah. I'm new(ish) to Jack and his work, and I didn't know if the healing of the magnetism was only located in PDC, or if it stretched 50/100+ miles along the coast, etc. All I knew is where he holds his retreats and didn't know if that specific place was somehow so incredibly unique from any other places, even close by. thx.

shah78 likes this.