1. Registering for the Forum

We require a human profile pic upon registration on this forum.

After registration is submitted, you will receive a confirmation email, which should contain a link to confirm your intent to register for the forum. At this point, you will not yet be registered on the forum.

Our Support staff will manually approve your account within 24 hours, and you will get a notification. This is to prevent the many spam account signups which we receive on a daily basis.

If you have any problems completing this registration, please email support@jackkruse.com and we will assist you.

Playa Del Carmen Megathread

Discussion in 'The New Monster Thread' started by OptimalSkr, Aug 8, 2018.

1. OptimalSkr

OptimalSkr New Member

Hey all so I am finally taking Jacks advice and packing up for Mexico this winter! I plan to go for November to possibly February. I just wanted to start a dedicated thread for the PDC – I know there have been a lot of posts about it in other threads but this will create a library for us folks looking to go there. I think it would be good to catalogue a few things and get advice from others who have been there to make the transition easier on us newbies. Here are a few of the most pertinent topics:

· Best hotels to stay

· Best long term stay locations (monthly rentals) – Areas/Districts of the city that are optimal

· Lowest EMF zones – which types of cell towers they have - where are the good nature areas

· Cenotes List – (have already seen a few of these on the forum)

· Water issues (safe to drink tap water? and wash fruits/veggies etc)

· Where to get high quality groceries (grass fed proteins and organic veggies/fruits etc) and bottled water

· Websites people have used to book deals and find things.

Thanks

Gina R, Kris Kolo, RobInDC and 3 others like this.
  2. OptimalSkr

OptimalSkr New Member

Here are a few videos I have found useful:

3. OptimalSkr

OptimalSkr New Member

4. OptimalSkr

OptimalSkr New Member

5. OptimalSkr

OptimalSkr New Member

6. JanSz

JanSz Gold

Gina R likes this.
  7. Inna

Inna Platinum

I was thinking of going to PDC for 1 week some time in October or Nov, would love to connect with other mitochondriacs while I am there

OptimalSkr likes this.
  8. OptimalSkr

OptimalSkr New Member

Cool, ya i plan to go for a week in September to scout it out, and then head back for the late fall/winter

9. Sun Disciple

Sun Disciple AKA Paul...That Call Drop'n Canadian

Im plannin to head down in november trying to stay close to the cenotes in between tulum and PDC. I stayed at Barcelo Maya as I got a super deal on a black friday sale last year. There were two cenotes across the street it was perfect.

10. Antonis

Antonis Free diving

Am planning to go to PDC end of December as I found good sale from UK to Cancun. I will stay for 15 days and then I will go to Indonesia.

Gina R, Michalis, OptimalSkr and 2 others like this.
  11. OptimalSkr

OptimalSkr New Member

Ah cool man, ya I see cenote Azul, Eden and Cristalino are right there...... What are your favourite ones in PDC? I plan to stay near the edge of town maybe at the Ocean Riviera Paradise PDC... still working out the details - i want to be there for first of October..... How long you gonna be staying in November?

12. Sun Disciple

Sac actun and tanka were my fav so far. Not sure how long yet at least a week anyway.

shah78, Antonis and OptimalSkr like this.
  13. Michalis

Michalis New Member

Does someone has any information on how the prices are in general the further south of Tulum you go? To rent a place and food?

14. Hunger4More

Hunger4More New Member

Just came back from PDC.

Cell towers are everywhere if you stay in the city. Normally, I have a huge issue being close to a cell tower. Once, while on vacation in Dominican Republic, my digestive issues and eczema went crazy as there was a cell tower next to our resort. Even though we were a similar distance to cell towers in PDC, due to the magentic anomaly, I had zero issues.

Cenote jardin del eden was my favourite.

Anything restaurant that's not on 5th ave will be reasonably priced and have local, seasonal food available. Seafood is plentiful. Some of my fav cheap eats were: Los Aguachiles, La Cueva Del Chango, and La Perla Pixan.

Gina R, RobInDC, OptimalSkr and 3 others like this.
  15. OptimalSkr

OptimalSkr New Member

Thanks for that post --- I was worried about the cell towers- i posted a map and ya they are everywhere!!!! I think most of them are 3g or 4g - did you have a meter with you to measure?

I think I am going to scout out the areas on the edge of town for my longstay, even with the increased magnetic field I still want to be away from the towers...

16. OptimalSkr

OptimalSkr New Member

Just curious what type of water did you drink down there? I know Jack has mentioned there is DDW, but I am confused about if that is to drink or not.... I have heard so many times "not to drink or wash anything with the tap water in Mexico" -----

17. Jack Kruse

Jack Kruse Administrator

Cenote water is purified there.

Alex97232 and RobInDC like this.
  18. Hunger4More

Hunger4More New Member

No meter. I have an ability to easily measure on my body - my eczema. Flairs like crazy whenever EMF gets out of control - even with plenty of sunlight. My eczema completely disappeared within 3 days while I was in PDC.

Water: we just bought bottled spring water there... didn't fuss too much over it.

Perhaps I should've drank the cenote water while I was there... our guides recommended against it. @Jack Kruse should I drink the cenote water next time I'm there?

Alex97232, JanSz and OptimalSkr like this.
  19. JanSz

JanSz Gold

20. Sun Disciple

I think he was referring to the cenote water that is used by the resorts or bottled by local companies.

shah78 and Antonis like this.