1. Registering for the Forum

We require a human profile pic upon registration on this forum.

After registration is submitted, you will receive a confirmation email, which should contain a link to confirm your intent to register for the forum. At this point, you will not yet be registered on the forum.

Our Support staff will manually approve your account within 24 hours, and you will get a notification. This is to prevent the many spam account signups which we receive on a daily basis.

If you have any problems completing this registration, please email support@jackkruse.com and we will assist you.

Plant based diet

Discussion in 'Beginners Area' started by Joce_, Nov 15, 2019.

1. Saichi

Saichi New Member

You were eating industrial 'meat' and then blaming "meat" for your problems?

The horror.

My friends who used to grow grains before they knew better have been fermenting their own stored oats in their own whey and feeding them to their pigs! The pork is sublime and keeps me healthy.

John Schumacher likes this.
  2. Anne V

Anne V Silver

it depends where we buy meat
    try peelham farm, no horror there :)

3. Sue-UK

Sue-UK Gold

I didn't define "crap" or "commercial" and where did I say I was eating "industrial" meat or blaming "meat" for my problems? And I note the dig about my hack and your friends "before they knew better".

Eating good pork doesnt always stop sneering I see. :rolleyes: :D

caroline, Anne V, drezy and 1 other person like this.
  4. drezy

drezy New Member

I was waiting with baited breath for the response I knew was inward bound.

We are on different experiments, currently but I wish you the best with your hacks straight from my heart.

Your's is a thread I do not cut with my scissors because I appreciate your directness and insight.

caroline, Alex97232 and Anne V like this.
  5. Saichi

Saichi New Member

I'm about to make my first cup of coffee in a week. I'll dabble in the methy vices time to time but the opiate ones I can't touch! :p

6. Sue-UK

Sue-UK Gold

Thank you. :)

If "Its not about the food" and "shit off a shingle" concepts are anything to go by, and my gut is healthy enough to cope with a bowl of porridge without fear it will give me a food opiate problem, :rolleyes: for my n=1 its a pretty safe hack. (Having said that, I've just finished reading The End of Alzheimers by Dale Bredesen, and as a precaution I'm going to switch to oats guaranteed gluten free). If my gut couldn't handle it, it would be a different decision, but if there's a component in oats that could help me get and/or keep aluminium out of my brain during the winter when my water consumption is lower, its a better choice than over drinking silica rich water, just for the silica. My other thought was that for anyone living in a nnemf soup that may be compromising the blood brain barrier, the silica that plant food based programmes provides may be cognitively protective. My winter residence is good nnemf wise, but not as good as my summer residence. But if Saichi wants to believe I'm dabbling in opiate vices in my winter den…. I'm the porridge rebel ….:rofl:

River and Alex97232 like this.
  7. Penny

Penny New Member

What about the choline in egg yolks? And you can get the kind where they feed the chickens flaxseeds and they convert it to DHA - the eggs I use also have B vitamins in them - I think no one is bringing up the point of flouride - whatever the farmer is watering the plant with - and most water here in the U.S.A. has flouride and chlorine in it - these are dielectric blockers - they screw up your cell water: They also screw up the binding of iodine to its receptors:

Fluoride is a dielectric blocker of water and linked to light. Do you know how? The dipole nature and propensity for hydrogen bonding is why water has an unusually high dielectric constant of 78 at room temperature. Fluoride lowers this number. You’d be wise to remember this fact. This high dielectric makes water the most polar solvent in all of chemistry and biology! Fluoride destroys that ability. Turmeric can help offset it by changing cell water in the local cell environment. DETAILS: The length of hydrogen bonds in water depends on bond strength, temperature, and pressure. The bond strength itself is dependent on temperature, pressure, bond angle, and the cells environment. This is usually characterized by local dielectric constant that water finds itself in. Water normally has a very high dielectric constant, but it quickly adjusts to the environment it is found in.

When water is inside a cell, its dielectric constant varies over a large range and seems to be controlled by the specific ratio's of ROS/RNS signals released from the cytochromes in mitochondria. This links it directly to its ability to affect the light polarization within the cell photoelectrically. Fluoride is a dielectric blocker in cell water and is associated with calcium efflux in the pineal gland because it discharges voltages that can be stored in water’s hydrogen bonding network in CSF. A dielectric material is an insulator and does not conduct DC electricity. A nerve cell (or indeed any cell) is surrounded by a plasma membrane, made of phospholipid. The cell can be seen as two electrically-conducting regions filled with water, namely the cytoplasm and the extracellular fluid; both regions are electrolyte solutions which are separated by a thin layer of insulator. This is the plasma membrane of the cell. The cell membrane therefore acts as a capacitor! That said, when a dielectric material like water, is put togther or adjacent to a capacitor, depending on the dielectric constant of the material (water is high at 78), when a DC potential is placed across a capacitor (cell membrane), the charged components of the dielectric will move to either side of the capacitor and hold a voltage equal to that of the potential placed across it. This voltage can be charged or discharged. Dielectric blockers decrease voltage stored in waer decreasing energy available to the cell.

A dielectric blocker, like fluoride, discharges the DC current that is normally stored in cell water and the extracellular water around cells. In this way, fluoride, lessens the battery capacity of water. Water ceases to be an ideal repository for light or any other electromagnetic wave when F- is present. Turmeric seems to help this effect.

Dental studies have found that both the amount and the rate of fluoride uptake increased significantly with increase in temperature in cells. This is particular bad news if you have a fever and are given an antibiotic with fluoride in it. This situation is worse if you are leptin resistant because CSF tends to have a warmer temperature in this state. The lowered stored voltage in CSF or cell water, means DHA can transduce less light from this water; this occurs because water with dielectric blockers carries less energy in the form of the lowered DC electric current. The DC current is made from UV light and used to regenerate tissues in mammals and plants.

I eat (4) scrambled eggs with natto mixed with garlic and watercress - over a bed of herbs like cilantro/dill/parsely/arugula/dandelion greens - I also toss some reishi mushroom powder on top - with turmeric and black pepper and an avocado - I can go 8 hours without food on this breakfast...

8. Sue-UK

Sue-UK Gold

Fluoride is something that impacted DS2 badly as a small child, (just from a children's toothpaste) but I hadn't related fluoride to the plant based diet because very little of the UK has fluoridated water, and one thing we aint short of for field watering is rain :rolleyes::) Also any supplemental watering is less likely to be with fluoridated water than in the US. In terms of the plant based diet, something like tea which accumulates fluoride may be one of the exceptions, rather than the rule. I wonder about this because, in terms of plants generally, the results that people like Neal Barnard discuss on the youtube videos don't seem to be adversely affected by how much fluoride is present in the water used by US farmers. If someone is going from the standard American diet to a whole food plant based diet, (WFPB) if anything, it could be reducing the amount of fluoride ingested from water used in the preparation of processed foods, or in fruit juices and sodas etc. The same could be true of aluminium. Traffic fumes, chemtrails, cosmetics, sunscreens etc aside, there is possibly a big reduction in aluminium ingestion from the gut from colorants in cake frostings, candy, processed foods containing baking powders that aren't aluminium free etc etc ………. Although most greens aren't particularly high in silicon, the sheer volume of silicon containing plant food eaten could be at least partially offsetting the non food sources of aluminium. The reduction in body burden of aluminium is likely to improve how we handle natural sunlight. That may be why the Terry Wahl protocol with all its greens and saunas that sweat out aluminium may be helpful to some. Unlike the WFPB diet, its not vegan, and a seasonal Epi paleo that includes regular oysters would probably supply my n=1 silicon needs, but I can't eat them. As in two such bad reactions, if I ate one my husband would be my minder for 24 hours. :rolleyes: :eek:

caroline likes this.
  9. Anne V

Anne V Silver

@Sue-UK Bonjour , where do you get the natto? seems not much about except the Japanese shop in London, who sells frozen one.

10. Sue-UK

Sue-UK Gold

Bonjour Anne, I don't use it, have seen it on Amazon, but maybe ask @CarolandNick …?

11. Our natto supply dried up as the lady who made it for us returned to Japan. She did help me to make my own though and that has been successful.

Anne V, Sue-UK and caroline like this.
  12. Sue-UK

Sue-UK Gold

Is there a silica deficiency /obstructive sleep apnea connection via the trachea?

https://www.dcnutrition.com/minerals/silicon-si/
    "Connective tissues such as the aorta, trachea, tendon, bone, skin, and its appendages are unusually rich in silicon, as shown by studies in several animal species (Carlisle, 1974). In the rat the aorta, trachea, and tendon are four to five times richer in silicon than liver, heart, and muscle."

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/2793734 Tracheal hysteresis in sleep apnea
    "We conclude that reduction in the upper airway muscle tone in patients with obstructive sleep apnea extends into the trachea."

13. Penny

Penny New Member

I get natto quite regulary in an asian market - I use it with my oysters and put it on top of my scrambled eggs - it comes in these styrofoam containers - I tried to ferment black beans once with the bacillus subtillus and Gawds the stink! Tossed the whole thing -

14. ElectricUniverse

ElectricUniverse New Member

Congrats on your shift towards a more plant-based diet. It seems to work well for many people (including me). My apologies to our paleo and seafood-based-diet contingent.

Probably the most convincing scientific evidence of superiority of a vegetarian or mostly vegetarian (with some fish) diet is the Adventist Health Studies. These experiments were conducted on Seventh Day Adventist sect members during the 1980s and again in 2000s.

Adventists practice vegetarianism (no meat), with exception in some cases of consuming fish.

Their diets for purposes of these studies was categorized as vegan, lacto-ovo-vegetarian, pesco-vegetarian (with fish), and semi-vegetarian. Control subjects ate a non-vegetarian diet.

Remarkable results were very supportive for Adventists diet--a reduction in chronic diseases across the board compared to controls. Adventist diets compared favorably to Okinawan diet (which is 96% plant-based) with regard to lowered inflammation and increased longevity compared to non-vegetarians. In fact, the Adventist vegetarians living in California, who ate no meat at all in their diet, have a very high life expectancy of 87 years for men and almost 90 years for women (if they don't smoke and if they exercise regularly). This is 10 to 14 years longer than the life expectancy of the general population.

Although plant foods do indeed have plant toxins like oxalates and lectins these studies indicate these substances aren't the boogeyman that many diet alarmists today would have you believe (and if you practice moderation and an overall healthy lifestyle)

https://nutritionfacts.org/topics/adventist-health-studies/

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Adventist_Health_Studies

15. Sue-UK

Sue-UK Gold

I don't merit any congrats because I am no-where near vegetarian enough to count as being more plant based. But I'm not Nenet either. :)
    https://forum.jackkruse.com/index.p...es-were-discussed-properly.22923/#post-285717

The Adventist results can be interpreted differently if related to silicon.
    "The Adventists of Loma Linda who follow the teachings of the Ellen G White and drink 6 to 8 glasses of water a day, drink the equivalent of 3 to 4 glasses of 65ppm of OSA enriched water, containing 15ppb of aluminum. This is in sharp contrast with the average drinking water in the USA with median levels of 11ppm OSA and 31ppb aluminum in ground water and 112ppb aluminum in treated surface water. "

Silica rich irrigation water at 50-100ppm can increase the SiO2 content of swiss chard from 17 mg/kg to 76.

"Adventists who are gardeners in Loma Linda are enriching their vegetables with OSA due to irrigation with OSA rich tap water."

(Source Silica Water the Secret of Healthy Blue Zone Longevity in the aluminum age by Dennis N Crouse PH.D)

ElectricUniverse and Marko Pollo like this.
  16. I was wondering if fungal exudites or some other mechanisms in a healthy soil might chip away at sand providing a more usable form that can work its way upward through the soil, plant, and animal biomes. Maybe silt from ancient glacial action or erosion put it there for us but our misguided agricultural methods have left our soils totally deficient. In any case, remineralizing the soil, in addition to drinking water sure makes sense to me.

John Schumacher and Bob Stirling like this.
  17. ElectricUniverse

ElectricUniverse New Member

I agree with Marko Pollo that healthy soils are key to an abundant harvest of nourishing foods replete in trace minerals our bodies require, including Si.

I am on the fence regarding these high-OSA mineral waters (OSA or orthosilicic acid- a bioavailable form of Si). I prefer purified water (e.g reverse osmosis or Berkey type filtered water, amended with added select minerals) to mineral waters at present, at least until I'm convinced that mineral waters are actually that good for you on balance.

Interestingly, beer is a source rich in bioavailable Si: ("Barley and hops are used in making beer and the mashing process breaks down their phytolythic silica, into soluble forms, so this beverage is high in Si (32, 44, 47, 42) (Table 3)". Cheers and Prost! to all suds lovers out there (although I refrain from alcoholic beverages because of alcohol toxicity).

Seafood is high in Si, while meats and dairy are low.

"Biosil® or choline-stabilised orthosilicic acid (BioMineral NV, Destelbergen, Belgium), is a concentrated solution of orthosilicic acid (2% solution) in a choline (47%) and glycerol (33%) matrix. This is promoted as ‘biologically active silicon’ and studies in man have suggested that it is a readily bioavailable source of Si (53) and biologically active (54-56)." I use Biosil type supplements as a main source of supplemental Si.

Horsetail herb is also touted as a Si source but its bioavailabity might be low.

All quoted text is from this paper:

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC2658806/

18. Inger

Inger Silver

where do you guys find information about silica in different kind of seafood? I just cant find anything... would love to have some sources if you can help me?

ElectricUniverse likes this.
  19. Sue-UK

Sue-UK Gold

I'd read somewhere else that mussels and scampi are good sources (and I'd suspect oysters are too), but that fish flesh is low. Fish stocks would be a good source from the heads bones and skin. I've never seen the figures for fish skin, but as a silicon?? and melanin source, salmon skin cut into strips and fried like bacon is something I go for if we buy a large salmon. (Portions more often are already skinned). Beer wise, I slow cooked lamb casserole in a Guinness and onion gravy yesterday. We stopped for a pub lunch on the way to DD's last Friday. Venison with wild mushrooms (melanin), cooked in a red wine sauce which came with veg and new potatoes (potato skins high in silicon). So I'm thinking of making a stock with seasonal organic veg peelings, or just crisping up potato skins to have as a side dish …. Cogs still turning … Add the couple of eggs and different fish I've eaten several times in the last week and the roast beef DD did last Sunday.... I've had a very omnivore week. :D

In the book it has Biosil Choline Stab OSA 10 drops and Biosil veg caps (2 caps) as providing 10mg of silicon per dose, with 5.8 mg being bioavailable OSA. (From his own testing). Not worth the investment when the (least rich in silicon) silicon water I can get provides around 5 mg of OSA per 100ml. :)

20. Sue-UK

Sue-UK Gold

The only figures I've ever found were for mussels (9588 micrograms per 100g IIRC) and scampi, which is much lower. I reckon you are probably covering all your needs with your MHS's and any offals etc. What's interested me is that the UK has no high silicon rich water sources, but there are 11 brands of silica water in Germany. :)

John Schumacher and Inger like this.