1. Registering for the Forum

We require a human profile pic upon registration on this forum.

After registration is submitted, you will receive a confirmation email, which should contain a link to confirm your intent to register for the forum. At this point, you will not yet be registered on the forum.

Our Support staff will manually approve your account within 24 hours, and you will get a notification. This is to prevent the many spam account signups which we receive on a daily basis.

If you have any problems completing this registration, please email support@jackkruse.com and we will assist you.

Pimples the Vagus nerve

Discussion in 'Adrenal Rx and Leaky Gut Rx' started by nonchalant, Jun 17, 2012.

1. nonchalant

nonchalant Silver

I eat wheat, usually about 3 times a year. The last time was for Mother's Day, when I ate quite a bit of homemade angel food cake. I took some DGL before I ate it, and was pleased that I didn't get an upset tummy after the stomach emptied into the small intestine. That stuff works!

A few days later, as expected, I got some pimples. Then more. I'm still seeing a few popping up, both fore and aft. Long ago I bought the spiel about dirty skin causing pimples. What a guilt trip! Now I see that it's more of a detox reaction, or inflammation. But what is the reason for the location of the pimples? They are near both ends of the alimentary canal.

I think the vagus nerve only extends from just below the nose to the upper parts of the colon. So would it have no role in pimples near the nose or eyebrow? Or on the bum?

Anyway, perhaps next time I won't eat so much of it. So my pimple population is a bit more reduced. ;-)

2. Jack Kruse

Jack Kruse Administrator

You eat wheat once and you have forever altered yourself. It destroys the delicate balance of our leaky gut and turns it into a massive damn failure........We are designed to have a slow leak to get the nutrients we need in fast to help us.......but when you break the damn mechanism.......all hell breaks loose.

rlee314 likes this.
  3. nonchalant

nonchalant Silver

oh.

And I thought I was being so good..

So in one day you have destroyed my raw cream from Jersey & Guernsey cows (but without testing for A2 protein) habit, and my rare indulgence in wheat.

This hurts more than my brain, Dr. K.

4. Jack Kruse

Jack Kruse Administrator

The truth usually does.

5. nonchalant

nonchalant Silver

Is it just me, or does this sounds like the whine of an addict?

6. WannaBeOptimal

WannaBeOptimal New Member

7. Jack Kruse

Jack Kruse Administrator

when i think of people eating wheat I tell them to listen to one song......So Happy by theory of a Dead Man.......then go find the lyrics and think of wheat........

Every time I think of bad stuff in my environment I think of this song.

Martha Ray likes this.
  8. finnite@dccnet.com

finnite@dccnet.com New Member

or is any amount of wheat exposure too much?

9. bigknitwit

bigknitwit Silver

I wouldlove to know more about this too. My second child was dx'ed hashimotos at age 3.5 and celiac at age 5, and I was 25 weeks pregnant with my fourth at the time. I have kept her gluten free her entire life, hoping to avoid hashimoto's and celiac. She would have gotten exposure in-utero until 25 weeks, and then minimal exposures while nursing (I ate gluten about once/month until she was 9 months old, and then I went completely gluten free. However, I do let her eat things that are contaminated, like you described. Of course I don't allow my celiac son to have them. Meanwhile, she developped hashimotos at exactly the same age as my second, despite eating gluten free (contaminated). Was/is the contamination level too much, or is there some other trigger outside of gluten that started the autoimmune condition so early?

10. purplemonster

purplemonster New Member

Didn't know that wheat could cause pimple breakouts. Call me anything but I really, only heard about it today.

11. Martha Ray

Martha Ray Martha Ray