1. Registering for the Forum

We require a human profile pic upon registration on this forum.

After registration is submitted, you will receive a confirmation email, which should contain a link to confirm your intent to register for the forum. At this point, you will not yet be registered on the forum.

Our Support staff will manually approve your account within 24 hours, and you will get a notification. This is to prevent the many spam account signups which we receive on a daily basis.

If you have any problems completing this registration, please email support@jackkruse.com and we will assist you.

Picture of Keynote Speaker, Dr. Kruse, at PaleoFX

Discussion in 'The Leptin Rx' started by ASHO, Mar 16, 2012.

1. ASHO

ASHO New Member

http://nomnompaleo.com/

"The attendees listened to the keynote speech by Dr. Jack Kruse (who, believe it or not, at one point threatened to light a stick of dynamite)…"

Does anybody else think Jack looks 20 years younger in that picture?

2. MartiD

MartiD New Member

Wow, he does look better! Love your website BTW!

3. Dan in Utah

Dan in Utah New Member

Yes, he does look younger, plus he has the telomeres to prove it.;)

4. MonteD

MonteD New Member

lol@dynamite.

5. Jack Kruse

Jack Kruse Administrator

Paleo Fx conference was epic........you all will be amazed by the conference. The paleo leadership did not like getting called out for the bullshit.

6. claudia rowe

claudia rowe New Member

I'm sure I saw that guy on an Interpol poster last year.

7. claudia rowe

claudia rowe New Member

I'm sure I saw that guy on an Interpol poster last year.

Pretty cool, Doc.

8. ASHO

ASHO New Member

More information about Paleo RX 2012:

http://perfecthealthdiet.com/?p=5724

"Paleo FX was a terrific meeting. It’s not easy to stage such a large event. Kudos to Michelle and Keith Norris, Kevin Cottrell, and the 100 volunteers who worked so hard to make it a success. Jack Kruse in his keynote speech talked of “paying it forward,” and the volunteers and organizers certainly did that.

Jack is a better speaker than writer, and I enjoyed the talk. He recounted a story of a woman he met as a surgical resident. She had an inoperable cancer; Jack closed the incision in the operating room, and she lived for another six months. She willed her wine collection to Jack, and each day before she died she took a single bottle from each case to the beach and wrote a letter to Jack explaining its provenance and what it meant to her. The package of letters came along with the wine after her death, and in a note she mentioned the story of the Old Man and the Starfish, and told Jack, “You are my starfish.” She advised him to withdraw from the rat race and enjoy life, as she had in her final six months. Jack didn’t pay much heed to that advice until 2006. Then, after reflection and perhaps some cold thermogenesis, he realized that he ought to “pay it forward” by working “transformational change.” At this point he pulled out what he said was a stick of dynamite and a lighter:

He said that the dynamite could work transformational change on the University of Texas, and it was our obligation to go out in the world and work transformational change by converting others to Paleo.

Luckily the fire marshal was not present, or PaleoFX might have come to a premature end."

9. JeffieJoe

JeffieJoe New Member

Thanks for sharing! I cannot wait to see and hear more from PaleoFX. Was it announced where it will be held next year?

10. David

David Silver

The PaleoFX12 site has numerous event photos

http://www.paleofx.com/paleofx12-dvd-sales-information/

DVD Sales Information Center

We have been inundated with requests for DVDs of the sessions at PaleoFX12 and updates on ordering them.

DVD and online multimedia information including the ability to pre-order DVD Sets are expected to be available and live on or around March 31, 2012. Please check back for further information in the next week.

Here's a link to the PaleoFX12 event photos shot by our official PaleoFX12 Photographic Team.http://paleofx12.smugmug.com/Events

The PaleoFX12 Team

11. Awesome - Jack do you look like such a badboy when you go to medical conferences?

12. -

Ah, now I finally get it. Factor-X is DYNAMITE! ;)

13. Adria

Adria New Member

:p

Yes DrK sure looks younger, looking great !!

14. ASHO

ASHO New Member

Here is a video highlight of PaleoFX12 from Abel Bascom (one of Dr. K's PaleoFX12 Top Ten Moments):

"If you couldn’t make the trip to Austin for PaleoFX, here’s a little taste of all the fun we had.

Hanging out with Mark Sisson, Dean Dwyer (see the end of the video, you silly Canadian), Dr. Jack Kruse, Dave Asprey, Jimmy Moore, Kevin Cottrell, Shirley, Keith Norris, and all the other masters of the paleo domain was an absolute blast. To all of you who made it possible, thank you and congratulations on pulling off such a killer event.

Another note: thanks for all of the compliments on our silly CavemanThink shirts – we are super encouraged. Alyson and I will be printing them soon. If you want to enter to win a free shirt, hop on over to our new baby, CavemanThink.com and sign up.

Alright, here’s the unofficial PaleoFX highlight reel…

http://www.fatburningman.com/paleofx-was-awesome-heres-proof-video/