1. Registering for the Forum

We require a human profile pic upon registration on this forum.

After registration is submitted, you will receive a confirmation email, which should contain a link to confirm your intent to register for the forum. At this point, you will not yet be registered on the forum.

Our Support staff will manually approve your account within 24 hours, and you will get a notification. This is to prevent the many spam account signups which we receive on a daily basis.

If you have any problems completing this registration, please email support@jackkruse.com and we will assist you.

Photographic Food Journal

Discussion in 'The Epi-Paleo Diet' started by Jim, Apr 9, 2012.

1. Jim

Jim New Member

I haven't tried this but Robb Wolf did a podcast recently about a photographic food journal that allows you, your friends, or your physician to literally see what you’ve been eating. It's called PhotoCalorie. It looks like a great service. It will even estimate the nutrition in your food based on the picture.

Is anyone using it? If so what do you think?

Here is the link to Robb's podcast.

http://robbwolf.com/2012/02/21/larry-istrail-ancestral-weightloss-registry-photo-calorie-paleo-solution-episode-120/

Here is the link to PhotoCalorie.

http://www.photocalorie.com/

2. Glamorama

Glamorama New Member

Its a great idea, but for me, it would trigger obsessive behaviour (I had an eating disorder many years ago). I take great joy in doing photos of my yummy meals... but to do so in order to keep track of my calories etc would just kill the fun for me. It would be a wonderful tool for people who want and need to track their meals though!

3. Jim

Jim New Member

I know what you mean. I used to do FitDay and record everything but have pretty much stopped. This is pretty neat for folks interested in an easy way to keep track.

4. Glamorama

Glamorama New Member

I used FitDay too but it really sparked my ED and I felt like I was trapped, once that happend I stopped. But I learnt quickly from it, I can now roughly estimate the ins and outs of all my meals- when I bother. :)