1. Registering for the Forum

We require a human profile pic upon registration on this forum.

After registration is submitted, you will receive a confirmation email, which should contain a link to confirm your intent to register for the forum. At this point, you will not yet be registered on the forum.

Our Support staff will manually approve your account within 24 hours, and you will get a notification. This is to prevent the many spam account signups which we receive on a daily basis.

If you have any problems completing this registration, please email support@jackkruse.com and we will assist you.

Photobiomodulation Purchase soon. Any Suggestions?

Discussion in 'Feedback/Suggestions' started by DaveAlfa, Nov 10, 2022.

1. DaveAlfa

DaveAlfa GOLD

Greetings, I'm going to purchase a Red Light soon. I'm looking at a Firestorm or Inferno. At EMR-TEK there's a discount. Any Suggestions Friends?

2. Scott klein

Scott klein New Member

Def find a
    Def find a discount there are a lot out for EMR tek around the 20% off range. I have the biggest and smallesy lights and really enjoy the big one

3. @DaveAlfa - You may want to check out the previous discussions on this subject. For example:
    A couple of things to consider:
    The EMR-Tek FireHawk is most likely made in China
    • It's designed with an internal thermostat which shuts it down when it over heats.
    • When LEDs over heat, their life time rating goes down.
    • The COB design creates greater light coherence. Rather than a typical 120 angle LED lens, the COB focuses to 60 degrees, which means it will penetrate deeper into tissue at higher rates of mW/cm^2 because of less diffusion.
    • Spectrum(Wavelengths): (630nm-20%(orange-red)+660nm20%+670nm-20%(red)+830/850nm-40%(near-infrared)
    • FireHawk is sold as a "photobiomodulation" device
    • Actual Power consumption 2473W—2763.66W
    The NovoThor is made under tight Q&A US manufactured medical standards.
    • It's design runs cool, which is not only good for the LEDs, lasting to their rated life time, but the drivers as well.
    • The light design is for even distribution over the bed with the "patient" at the "correct" distance from these LEDs
    • Spectrum (Wavelengths): 660nm & 850nm
    • NovoThor is sold as a medical device
    • Power consumption 2,700 W
    @Josh Paleo Osteo also sells a whole body bed https://mitogenhealth.com/product/whole-body-light-pod/
    • Its Irradiance: 11, 17, 23mw/cm2 (switchable)
    • The light design is for even distribution over the bed with the "patient" at the "correct" distance from these LEDs
    • Spectrum (Wavelengths): 660nm & 850nm
    • It is sold as a "photobiomodulation" device
    • Actual Power consumption 700W
    • Its advantage: it has a programmable pulse rate option
      • Note: Electroencephalography studies have identified four distinct classes of brain waves. Alpha waves (8–13 Hz) occur in adults who have their eyes closed or who are relaxed. Beta waves (14–40 Hz) mainly occur in adults who are awake, alert or focused. Delta waves (1–3 Hz) occur mainly in infants, adults in deep sleep, or adults with brain tumors. Theta waves (4–7 Hz) occur mainly in children ages 2–5 years old and in adults in the twilight state between sleeping and waking or in meditation. The possibility of resonance occurring between the frequency of the light pulses and the frequency of the brain waves may explain some of the results with transcranial LLLT using pulsed light. -> "Effect of Pulsing in Low-Level Light Therapy" https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC2933784
    • I don't know the pulse rates available with this device; so if you were interested, I'm sure @Josh (Paleo Osteo) will respond. https://mitogenhealth.com/contact/
    Of the three, I would go for the EMR-Tek FireHawk. It also is the one Dr. @Jack Kruse purchased. He has stated that the FireHawk is the only one powered enough for a therapeutic effect.
    Enjoy,
    Grandpa John

Scott klein likes this.