1. Registering for the Forum

We require a human profile pic upon registration on this forum.

After registration is submitted, you will receive a confirmation email, which should contain a link to confirm your intent to register for the forum. At this point, you will not yet be registered on the forum.

Our Support staff will manually approve your account within 24 hours, and you will get a notification. This is to prevent the many spam account signups which we receive on a daily basis.

If you have any problems completing this registration, please email support@jackkruse.com and we will assist you.

Phosphene — She Wants To Do Right

Discussion in 'My Optimal Journal' started by Phosphene, Jun 21, 2018.

1. Phosphene

Phosphene Gold (finally)

It has something to do with the quinine in the tonic. I did a quick search of the publicly available blogs and the only hit was in this monstrous masterpiece. Worth another read, or 5.

https://jackkruse.com/time-21-semiconduction-regenerates-time-cells/

Christina Gagnon, caroline and drezy like this.
  2. drezy

drezy Gold

Caroline got the Northern Polish alcohol dehydrogenase genes. Dropping that as a future reference.

Phosphene and caroline like this.
  3. caroline

caroline Moderator

I have issues with sand flies .....and I was told that gin and tonic works a treat! Apparently because of the quinine in tonic water.

But, as a bonus, I don't seem to get leg cramps at night or easy bruising.

We spent some time with a lovely couple when we were caravanning recently. June became my hero .......she drinks gin and tonic with lime for some really good reasons.
    #!....the quinine in tonic
    #2......juniper berries in gin
    #3..... the lime is her fruit for the day

waddayathink???

Phosphene and drezy like this.
  4. caroline

caroline Moderator

Not sure what that means - but I like it!

I actually love polish Vodka .....Zabrowska with grass.

and Wishnoya - a very yummy cherry vodka ........don't have a clue about the spelling in either case btw.

Phosphene likes this.
  5. drezy

drezy Gold

It's a work in progress. I'll keep you up to date.

Last edited: Sep 29, 2018
  6. caroline

caroline Moderator

darn - those two vodkas are getting really hard to find here. The Wishnoya vodka with grass has a slight cinnamon finish when it is iced.

I was lucky enuf to have a very detailed and in depth discussion with a rep at a large liquor store here .........

I guess I should have been reading blogs instead :(:(:(

Phosphene likes this.
  7. drezy

drezy Gold

Perma-Ban her, now!!!

LOL, I'm tinkering with this odd human quirk.

caroline and Phosphene like this.
  8. JanSz

JanSz Gold

Unless I missed,
    you are after two different alcohol drinks.

1. variety of cherry vodkas
    upload_2018-9-29_13-18-30.png
    Wiśniówka (liqueur)
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wiśniówka_(liqueur)
    [​IMG]

Żubrówka, also known in English as bison grass vodka, is a Polish dry, herb-flavoured vodka that is distilled from rye and bottled at 40% alcohol by volume. Its flavour is unique and is described as having woodruff, vanilla, coconut, cinnamon and almond notes. Wikipedia
    upload_2018-9-29_13-14-36.jpeg
    Note vertical blade of grass in the bottle below.
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Sep 29, 2018
    caroline, drezy and Phosphene like this.
  9. drezy

drezy Gold

10. Phosphene

Phosphene Gold (finally)

Oh come on! That was helpful!

Thanks Jan, and Caroline for somehow managing to expand my adult beverage horizons. :)

My maternal line claims Ukrainian but they were from the tumultuous area of Galacia on the Ukraine/Poland border, so I’m surely at least part Polak.

Methinks I’ll be hearing more about this alcohol dehydrogenase business.

caroline, KrusinWitchie and drezy like this.
  11. drezy

drezy Gold

Then I'll just drop loose notes here.

The liver recapitulates the sun -- is something I read early on in my studies here.

I spent almost 2 decades working with many different talented people of many haplotypes and married into one of it.

Drink with a Baltic or Russian (aka miserable light) person and watch them drink alcohol as if it were water.

Drink with an equatorial Asian and watch them after the first sip. Red face and haze.

It's probably no mystery that liver function is a function of mitochondrial latitude adjustment.

Phosphene likes this.
  12. Inna

Inna Platinum

Yes, for a Russian one of the most admirable qualities is the ability to “outdrink” others at the table.

So the one who remains seated at the table while others are lying under the table is considered a winner in a Russian book..

caroline, Phosphene and drezy like this.
  13. Inna

Inna Platinum

“Alcohol is the anaesthesia by which we endure the operation of life”.

George Bernard Shaw

caroline and Phosphene like this.
  14. drezy

drezy Gold

I attended 1 college party and was, at first, confused why everyone was laying around and sleeping before 3 am.

Now I think understand, but I don't push it at the expense of my DHA.

15. caroline

caroline Moderator

So my ancestors are middle European I guess. My Dad was Austrian and my Mom a Polack.

Why is it that I can drink a ton of alcohol with almost no ill affect .....but 1 glass of wine at lunch time can make me feel quite tipsy?

16. caroline

caroline Moderator

Th
    Thanks Jan ....you are my main man! I love the Zubrowka and a little goes a long way. I keep it in the freezer - and also shot glasses.

I do love the cherry vodka too tho.......

17. drezy

drezy Gold

There's probably a couple of factors.

Many people drink wine a little faster than they think they do. Wine comes with a sugar/insulin load to deal with as well.

This does relate to what we learn here too. Look at good old ADH in the retinol metabolism pathway:
    F1.large-3.jpg

So there's light environment, eye color, and mt-dna staring us in the face again.

Phosphene, Lahelada and Sheddie like this.
  18. JanSz

JanSz Gold

Last edited: Sep 30, 2018
  19. Phosphene

Phosphene Gold (finally)

Well I’m not quite sure what to make with all this heavy, deep and real alcohol info and philosophy. I think I need to let it sink in and come back. I certainly know my tolerance is high and it’s a slippery slope. I do feel like I have mental crampons now to dig in after just a few drinks and arrest the slide. Paternal side is German/Irish so I imagine that doesn’t help. Very dark brown eyes.

It’s a time for a major decision right now, and I’m handling it all much better than normal, though the decision is no less difficult. I’m sure it’s all the sun and seafood and good sleep I’ve made it a priority to get this summer, as well as ramping up on CT.

My deeply entangled British yogi with MS fell and shattered his tibia during his visit to the ashram. I have decided that I can’t help him, even though as his friend (and ONLY a friend) part of me feels I should. He needs a personal assistant, and it can’t be me.

The sun has illuminated the fact that I have a deeply blessed life already, and that my strained marriage deserves valiant effort and attention.

Ah, to be continued.

20. drezy

drezy Gold

For the record I'm claiming it's not a good idea. Just noting haplo differences that also seem to correspond.

caroline likes this.