1. Registering for the Forum

We require a human profile pic upon registration on this forum.

After registration is submitted, you will receive a confirmation email, which should contain a link to confirm your intent to register for the forum. At this point, you will not yet be registered on the forum.

Our Support staff will manually approve your account within 24 hours, and you will get a notification. This is to prevent the many spam account signups which we receive on a daily basis.

If you have any problems completing this registration, please email support@jackkruse.com and we will assist you.

Phosphene — She Wants To Do Right

Discussion in 'My Optimal Journal' started by Phosphene, Jun 21, 2018.

1. Jenelle

Jenelle Evolving

www.mypetcarnivore.com

Ordered from them when our Sheltie was 100% raw-fed. The only reason we stopped was the cost. That was most likely a mistake ~ but you do what you gotta do at the time.

Phosphene likes this.
  2. Billybats

Billybats New Member

Wow. . Your another who can write. . Loved reading this. I have a question about CT. Why can't feet and hands go in. I'm thinking losing heat immediately?

Last edited: Aug 13, 2018
    Phosphene likes this.
  3. Phosphene

Phosphene Gold (finally)

Thanks Susan. I’m a decent writer when I put my mind to it, but my creativity took a nose-dive years ago. I often feel my writing is dull and ordinary, at least compared with some of my favorite famous (and not so famous) authors. I had a 20+year career in technical writing (computer software manuals and grant proposals) that deadened everything. It’s mainly what got me into this mess, working far into the early morning while raising kids. At least I do have significant savings now, though it’s all tied up in retirement and college funds, and home equity.

Here I go blabbering again.

Gotta go make a curry for dinner then get back in the CT saddle after. Several excuses that nobody cares about for avoiding it over the weekend, though one involved a hike and finding this cool little dude—a (rare?) pink-orange katydid.

Oh, I’m not sure about CT hands and feet but several have mentioned keeping them out, or wearing wool socks and gloves to make it more comfortable. More nerve endings and less fat there is my best guess. I’m sure it’s all in the blogs that are all jumbled in my head...

CC18F1F5-F0D6-46D5-AAFF-9BE3524BD183.jpeg

4. drezy

drezy Gold

I care....
    Wait...
    No, it was just gas.

Emma C, Sean Waters, Sheddie and 2 others like this.
  5. Phosphene

Phosphene Gold (finally)

LOL—Tell it like it is brother. :rofl:

Curry done. Tub time! No sun to warm up though—curious about the warmup...

Sean Waters and drezy like this.
  6. drezy

drezy Gold

The "warmup" is built into your haplotype. When you request it it will perform excellently for you.

Sean Waters and Phosphene like this.
  7. Phosphene

Phosphene Gold (finally)

Yeah not too bad, though I skipped the head dunk today. Started shivering earlier but distracted myself with some chanting and got 45 minutes. Still shivering a little after getting dressed but nothing terrible. My ass feels like a chilled ham but that’s fine I guess.

caroline likes this.
  8. drezy

drezy Gold

Did you hydrate really well this time?

Phosphene likes this.
  9. JanSz

JanSz Gold

Phosphene said:
    I kept the girls dry since out of the pounds I packed on at the ashram, quite a few ounces decided to go there for once, and I’d like to keep those if possible.
    ===========================

P/E ratio may be off
    If it continue, all kind of things may grow, desirable or not.

I would look here:
    upload_2018-8-14_7-22-33.png

Attached Files:

Phosphene likes this.
  10. Phosphene

Phosphene Gold (finally)

Yes sir. A full quart sucked down (16 oz with dinner and 16 right before). Sleep was great and I was up bright and early this morning at 5:45 (sunrise is 6:15). Can’t emphasize enough how miraculous this unaided and non-miserable early morning rising is. And today was cloudy even so lower light stimulus.

It was raining like a herd of pissing horses (much like me) after CT so I didn’t head outside. Curled up under a dark blanket up to my nose and blue blockers to watch a cooking show to which I’m fairly addicted :oops:. (Still occasionally watch a few PBS cooking and nature shows.) Should probably go downstairs and sit on the concrete basement floor after. I did have a mild headache above my left eye, which is very unusual—I hardly ever get headaches. Went away after half an hour or so. Mild shivering and chills for about an hour after. Scalp is particularly dry and tight this morning, which is disappointing since I’ve used no shampoo the past 10 days. Just water and a little tea tree/mint conditioner that feels awesome. Trying to wean from that as well but hair is longish, curly and finely textured—perfect rat’s nest without a little help.

drezy likes this.
  11. Phosphene

Phosphene Gold (finally)

Jan, thanks for the input. I have no doubt my hormones are whacked out. I spent so much time and money over the years I just got sick of it all and gave up. I’m 49 and went into menopause fairly mildly over the past few years (well aside from losing my ever loving mind, that is). No hot flashes, just a few mild night sweats, digestion good.

I’m due for blood work so will schedule that soon. Both boys headed off to college this year and not all expenses covered by savings so may not get the full load of tests right away.

12. Had same issues on the Reset/ CT with Scalp... Since getting the Oysters @ 5 a day i've been going 2 weeks with hair in excellent condition - usually it is a knotted web of lies that cannot be trusted.

Also, the Early rising with ease shows that your circadian cycle and cortisol are starting to link and yolk. 12 weeks ago I had the same miracle start to happen............. You're getting there !!!

Phosphene and drezy like this.
  13. Phosphene

Phosphene Gold (finally)

Yes I do feel I’m getting there, though still experiencing lots of internal and external pushback, especially with food and electronics.

Still need to make huge changes to the house if we’re actually going to stay here, which seems likely at least till the boys are done with college, and assuming the marriage can remain on an upward trajectory.

Did CT again last evening and listened to part of a podcast, and finished it this morning. Again excellent, though dire info. No holds barred. Has me questioning the value of traditional lab testing.

Dropped off my oyster streak a little—had to share a few. :rolleyes: Will go get more today. Getting into a leptin reset but REALLY have no appetite in the morning. Cravings aren’t too bad the rest of the day, but husband wants low carb snacks that have gotten him through in the past—cottage cheese, pepperoni, olives, nuts. Working from home has him used to grazing all day.

Some anxiety over stuff that still has to be done to get youngest off to college next week.

And then of course the empty nest business. Will hit husband harder than me, but will be a strange transition for sure.

http://www.extremehealthradio.com/e...nly-thing-you-should-be-concerned-about-more/

14. Phosphene

Phosphene Gold (finally)

Copying this from another post to keep the intention going..

I may join you (leptin reset group) as well! I’m no pro but have absorbed a lot of the concepts. It’s the detailed execution that still gets me. I’ve had a lot of past success with old-school low carb and find myself wanting to default to some of those habits.

I’m planning to have a relatively tech-free weekend camping with my family before my boys head off to college. Scurrying to get everything done (and now panicking a bit on what food to take besides salmon burgers, bacon, eggs and nuts.) we will be there with a larger group and there is a potluck meal on Saturday... Ah! I’ll take deviled eggs.

I really dislike packing...probably because I still have way too much unnecessary STUFF.

caroline likes this.
  15. Phosphene

Phosphene Gold (finally)

Oy, much to report, good and not so good. Mostly good!

Very tired right now though. Got youngest son off to college today and there’s just a whirlwind of...everything.

It’s now up to me to define, and redefine “normal” day to day life. Exciting and a bit daunting. More exciting.

Off he goes! (And yes he is wearing shoes, unfortunately.)

9A5A0C30-8343-4152-8AF3-62F559998527.jpeg

Jenelle likes this.
  16. drezy

drezy Gold

I'm not psychic but I'll give you my best reading of that picture:

"College chicks! YEAH!"

Emma C and Phosphene like this.
  17. Phosphene

Phosphene Gold (finally)

Wow, hard to catch up here if you skip a few days, especially since I didn’t know about the August Q&A till 1 hour before. (Member email went out at noon but I was still in the pseudo-wild. Was there some other advance notice that I missed?) Awesome (and patient...) Q&A BTW. I’ll have a few questions for sure next time.

The sun is finally, FINALLY out after weeks of almost solid clouds and torrential downpours. WTF is with that? I see so very clearly how the lack of sun affects my mood. Not that I wasn’t already aware, but DAMN... my short and long term plans simply must include more sun.

These were our spartan accommodations for the weekend. They were built by the Civilian Conservation Corps (CCC) in the 1930's -- charming and sturdy. Not bad at all with some padding.

43522468-3FD1-4E80-8B79-0A784F796CA7.jpeg

Jenelle and drezy like this.
  18. Phosphene

Phosphene Gold (finally)

Been falling behind with trying to catch up! Getting sucked into the Dr. Jack Kruse Facebook site (and a few related), and trying to figure out if that’s time well spent, or if the social media outreach is mostly for the not-yet-converted. Actually I think I just answered my question.

I’m not active in social media AT ALL and just have a pseudo account for the absolute minimum. I (and others) find that unusual since my preferred comm medium is writing and my MO has been avoiding face to face or voice to voice interaction as I found myself getting annoyed with the bulk of humanity. This forum is my Facebook, and I’m grateful to be finally showing up.

Spent some hours this week devouring older webinars and Q&As, and pondering in lots of sun and CT. Feel really good at the moment despite some emotional challenges. More on that later.

Off to buy some more oysters.

8054BC68-674A-44DD-89A1-2BE9E5B54F73.jpeg

Jenelle, caroline and drezy like this.
  19. drezy

drezy Gold

Can I recommend a strategy?

If you go look at what Doc posts on FB, read the post and related article and read Docs responses to the questions. Keep a sewing needle near you during this. As soon as you begin to engage infinite scroll quickly identify which finger wants to start scrolling past that single article. Take the sewing needle and shove it just under that finger's fingernail as far in as it can go before you blackout from the pain.

It just takes one finger to go through this before no other fingers step forward with wanting to infinite scroll.

"I can't tell if she's going through a magical shift in consciousness and self awareness or not, but hey she's naked and I support that" -- Some dude standing near Lenita Vangellis

Jill A., Phosphene and caroline like this.
  20. Phosphene

Phosphene Gold (finally)

Yeah, no clue about Lenita but I'm a sucker for the damn memes. Quickly weaning by just imagining the sewing needle. Thanks. I think.

SOOOOOOOOO excited to be meeting @Inna, my first in-the-flesh mitochondriac friend, on Monday!!! Will be in the Boston area and it’s working out for lunch and a tour of Salem, and a dunk in the ocean, or bay—whatever it is there. Radar be damned.

Gotta go pack!

Inger, Sue-UK, drezy and 1 other person like this.