1. Registering for the Forum

We require a human profile pic upon registration on this forum.

After registration is submitted, you will receive a confirmation email, which should contain a link to confirm your intent to register for the forum. At this point, you will not yet be registered on the forum.

Our Support staff will manually approve your account within 24 hours, and you will get a notification. This is to prevent the many spam account signups which we receive on a daily basis.

If you have any problems completing this registration, please email support@jackkruse.com and we will assist you.

Phosphene — She Wants To Do Right

Discussion in 'My Optimal Journal' started by Phosphene, Jun 21, 2018.

1. Phosphene

Phosphene Gold (finally)

Ok back to business. Another light sugar dusting.

D944DC44-467D-404B-BB74-858007A5C828.jpeg

We passed the second inspection so now we’re cooking with gas! Literally. He has a few private holiday parties lined up and official opening on the 20th, so we should be in test run mode pretty soon. Excited to meet the team!

2. ElectricUniverse

ElectricUniverse New Member

I never used a wi-fi router so I didn't know you could manually set the RF power level on one. That is good to know.

3. Phosphene

Phosphene Gold (finally)

Was out for a bit this morning before it clouded over. Might as well add another pic—still want to honor the ‘ordinary’ beauty on offer every day.

03F5A93D-70FB-4E95-9B9E-29496D924091.jpeg

Finally connected with @Alyce Miles OD today—what a positive firecracker! Gently challenged me to up my indoor CT game, just what I needed as the days grow shorter and colder, and my mood (traditionally) plummets. Challenge accepted. :)

4. Hope I didn't talk too much sometimes I do that....

Phosphene likes this.

5. Been reading posts I scanned them a while back but you and I are so similar. I don't have the rapid cycling but Depression can sink in and stay for years as I have experienced..... I tend to be overly critical about myself and others. Been looking into meditation and how we are NOT our thoughts. Some times we can have the thought and it causes emotion. I am working on this year about having the thoughts and just observing them as an outsider. Like someone reading someone else's journal. Imagine you read your journal but you are not you...... Or better yet imagine reading a journal and you think well why do you think that way but all the time it is your journal..... Checked out a good book about meditation and was written by David Fontana PhD: Learn to Meditate. Obviously we cannot read a book but it gives a place to start and some pitfalls to watch out for, but the biggest thing is how to quiet the wandering mind and my mind is a wandering critical mind......

Phosphene likes this.
  6. Phosphene

Phosphene Gold (finally)

Hope y’all are catching the magical full moon tonight. Wish I could capture it better...

Make a wish!

4540D3B7-9B51-47BA-B23A-BE9B2BBCF091.jpeg

Anne V, John Schumacher and caroline like this.
  7. Looks mystical to me - and yes - I was enjoying it as well

Phosphene likes this.
  8. Phosphene

Phosphene Gold (finally)

Help peeps!

Still skeptical husband sent me this today and I don’t have time to suss out all the flaws. What’s the best counter study to send him? I’m like a deer in headlights and drawing a blank...

https://www.bbc.com/news/health-50807011

Restaurant ramping up! We finally had the initial employee meeting yesterday and it looks like a fine starting crew. Kitchen not quite fully functional but should be over the next day or two. Testing out some dishes at the holiday party for all of his employees on Friday, and I am honorary dish washer for this opening night! Good thing I left my ego at some door years ago.

9. Anne V

Anne V Silver

@Phosphene
    hey recommend more research to confirm it.

Dr Manuel Spitschan, from Oxford University, said: "This is fascinating work but we really don't know yet that the same happens in humans. That's the difficulty with animal work. maybe that helps for a start :)
    in the article he refers to

10. Saichi

Saichi New Member

LOL @ dimming BL to add maximum flicker.

Silence and compassion are the only response to those who want to believe lies.

John Schumacher likes this.

11. Mice are nocturnal and the studies don't apply to humans. We are awake day time. When you have a nocturnal animal study how can you apply this to humans? Also they study mice during the day when researchers are awake and mice should be sleeping. Their circadian rhythms are already disrupted

Last edited: Dec 17, 2019
    caroline, Hannah Barrows and drezy like this.
  12. Dr Manuel Spitschan, from Oxford University, said: "This is fascinating work but we really don't know yet that the same happens in humans. That's the difficulty with animal work.

drezy likes this.
  13. drezy

drezy New Member

I also thought it was odd to pretend that there is no other work out there.

Science journalism may be the culprit here too. One google search turns up a bunch of previous work. This article has 150+ references many of which apply to humans https://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/doi/full/10.1111/cxo.12824#cxo12824-bib-0099

I'm not sure it's worth launching a white paper vs white paper battle. If you experience a relative improvement in your health with the changes you've made it should be pretty clear to you and your spouse.

14. Lahelada

Lahelada New Member

This is a complicated study as it is vague in terms of applicability. I tried to break it down in Spanish. They are basically saying that there is blue in the nautical twilight which happens after sunset and have imitated colour and intensity. They say intensity of light trumps colour and that colour is an additional Zeitgeber for bad weather days.
    I hold against that the 24 hour northern nights which have these kind of light conditions. No info with regards to melanopsin in the study. In the study they do not mention blue screens. The conclusions in the article make the study sexier of course.

drezy likes this.
  15. Lahelada

Lahelada New Member

drezy likes this.
  16. drezy

drezy New Member

Thanks. It'll be in my reading list.

Journalism -> the original click bait.

Marko Pollo and Lahelada like this.
  17. Cuffy

Cuffy Gold

Yep. I can choose 5G or 2.4G. I disabled 5G (so the network doesn't automatically switch to it), and use an ethernet cable to minimize any nasty zapping from 2.4G.

18. Phosphene

Phosphene Gold (finally)

Happy Solstice sunrise!

79F9F454-CEED-4ADE-BD5B-D662C327CBC6.jpeg

Thanks for all the replies above. I’ll review the studies to gather more ammunition, but just a bit sad that I’m still going to battle at all here. Everyone has of course noticed my improvements, but they are generally attributed to me ‘coming to my senses’ (regarding my wanderlust) or getting through the worst of menopause (regarding my anxiety and depression). It’s just about impossible to describe the depths of despair of major depression to those who haven’t experienced it. While I’m glad most of my family has been spared this awful experience, it just adds another layer of difficulty when trying to prove that light, water and magnetism was the ONLY cure.

Speaking of wanderlust however, I’m counting down the days till my January departure. :)
    Have most arrangements made, but there is some wiggle room on either end that I’m still nailing down. That may prove as effective as nailing clouds to the sky so I might just go with the flow and see what the Universe has in store!

Staff holiday party went off practically without a hitch and we are preparing for the soft opening next weekend. There are still a zillion things to do but somehow just enough is getting done. It’s so inspiring to work with a group that operates with such a high energy level and exudes joyful cooperation! I feel bad about abandoning them in January but I’ve made no excuses about why I’m going—it’s for my HEALTH, not a vacation!!

Headed to a Solstice bonfire this afternoon/evening at the wooded home of a new friend. Been wanting for years to find a group to gather with and be a bit woo during this special time. It’s so nice to finally be finding my tribes—I claim more than one! :rofl:

caroline and Hannah Barrows like this.
  19. Hannah Barrows

Hannah Barrows New Member

Thank you and a happy solstice to you as well! I admire how you dove into what you knew was going to be good food for your soul (working the restaurant) despite some added nnemf exposure. It sounds like the group you are working with is a gift to be around. Straddling worlds, tribes and latitudes seems like a dance of which you’ve been bustin' a move to :) Have fun!

edit: grammar :)

Last edited: Jan 5, 2020
    Phosphene and caroline like this.
  20. caroline

caroline Moderator

very well said Hannah ......

Phosphene likes this.