1. Registering for the Forum

We require a human profile pic upon registration on this forum.

After registration is submitted, you will receive a confirmation email, which should contain a link to confirm your intent to register for the forum. At this point, you will not yet be registered on the forum.

Our Support staff will manually approve your account within 24 hours, and you will get a notification. This is to prevent the many spam account signups which we receive on a daily basis.

If you have any problems completing this registration, please email support@jackkruse.com and we will assist you.

Phosphene — She Wants To Do Right

Discussion in 'My Optimal Journal' started by Phosphene, Jun 21, 2018.

1. JanSz

JanSz Gold

2. Phosphene

Phosphene Gold (finally)

Just got back in from my second round of surf frolicking. People are just incredulous that I’m out there, Even the wetsuit-clad surfers were giving me props as I hung out just a few swells closer to shore. I feel so comfortable out there, and only got washing machined twice.

Speaking of hotties...these lean sculpted physiques are no accident. I’ll forgive the wetsuits since they have so little body fat. I’m a tad more seal-like and it comes in handy here.

FF46B225-3AF6-4B10-AF18-353FD94D1331.jpeg

Last edited: Nov 19, 2019
    John Schumacher and caroline like this.
  3. Phosphene

Phosphene Gold (finally)

Yes I’m trying to figure out whether it’s worth challenging and engaging him further. With his physics background Kruse principles might catch on, and in turn bring hubs on board. He tolerates my “odd” habits and will join me more often at sunrise now, but is not interested in looking further. It’s kind of a drag not having him onboard, but at this point it’s not worth detonating a bomb in my life over it. I just have to sell him on becoming snowbirds sooner than later.

caroline and drezy like this.
  4. drezy

drezy Gold

I think he likes you.

caroline and Phosphene like this.
  5. Phosphene

Phosphene Gold (finally)

51F and another gorgeous one. A few more folks out today but all in jackets and shoes again. Sheesh.

812DD303-7EB4-41A4-AEFC-660F9AB8FDFD.jpeg

Got a bit of color yesterday and mom noticed and admonished me about it, citing the bits of ear that her father had to have cut off, and the pre-cancerous lesion she had removed from her nose. She also pointed out the dark age spots on her face, and the weird splotches of vitiligo on her arms. No amount of studies will convince her it’s from anything other than the sun, until she hears it from her doctor.

Double sheesh.

John Schumacher and Michalis like this.
  6. Phosphene

Phosphene Gold (finally)

Lots of tiny sandpipers visiting today. Auspiciously clear skies! :)

68AEBDFC-8BCB-4657-B50B-3A066C9B45B8.jpeg

John Schumacher likes this.
  7. Saichi

Saichi New Member

What's the RF level there?

8. Phosphene

Phosphene Gold (finally)

Was waiting for you to call me out on that, and you don’t disappoint. I admit I don’t yet own a meter but it’s on top of my long list. I should’ve ordered one and had it delivered here. My son brought one home awhile ago from his environmental health and safety employer but it did not measure RF... :thumbsdown:

It still boggles my mind that the very first member communication isn’t a recommendation for a specific meter(s).

No excuse. There is plenty of superb advice here.

I still go by feel, and it FEELS good here. Better than the New Jersey shore this summer.

caroline likes this.
  9. Phosphene

Phosphene Gold (finally)

Tragic story here though...

Right next door is a nice public park. I came back in a blissful high from my yoga class around 7:30 to a nightmare red and blue kaleidoscope of sirens. At least 10 cop cars, EMT, fire trucks strewn about.

Just heard that apparently a female police officer walked out into the surf and shot herself.

Divers are out there—not sure if they’re looking for the gun or the body. I’ll head out, a lot more somberly, to the King Tide surf in a bit. If I find her I’ll be sure to gently carry her back in.

Glad I no longer need anyone to save me.

caroline and drezy like this.
  10. drezy

drezy Gold

Sad and very unlike usual female patterns. When I read this stuff I can't help but think that whatever the issue was we've all been there or could just as well have been there.

That sentence makes me very very happy to read.

caroline and Phosphene like this.
  11. Phosphene

Phosphene Gold (finally)

Didn’t find her, but I may have found myself.

Sheddie, caroline and drezy like this.
  12. Phosphene

Phosphene Gold (finally)

13. Phosphene

Phosphene Gold (finally)

57F and going up to the warmest temps so far—the day before we leave of course. That’s ok. It’s been fun showing people what’s possible.

EE88F05B-26C0-4A27-B9D2-85D3EF65EA2D.jpeg

I’ve made friends with sprightly 79 year old Pat from Rochester NY and she’s invited me to a margarita fest down the beach later today. :rolleyes: :whistle: How can I refuse?

At least I’ll be going to yoga first.

I’ve had to come to terms with the fact that my parents aren’t going to change their habits, at least not while my dad is still alive. Mom is terrified to go against anything the doctors say because, after all, his care so far has saved him from four major maladies—bipolar disorder, stage 4 lymphoma, open heart valve surgery, pneumonia... She’s going to be a mess when he does depart since her world absolutely revolves around him. But maybe she’s a bit more open to change than I give her credit for. She’s an early riser, likes seafood and sardines, did a tiny bit of yoga with me yesterday, and went barefoot through a whole six inches of surf!

Dad on the other hand sleeps through sunrise and spends most of the day on the couch with the window closed, reading war history, watching news and sports, and playing video poker on his iPad. (Noise from the surf interferes with what little hearing is left.) He can’t walk more than a few hundred feet on flat ground without getting winded. Refuses to take off his sunglasses and shoes, or wear blue blockers. Wears a jacket or sweatshirt almost always outside unless it’s very warm. (Blood thinner and thyroid meds have him always cold). Sips perhaps one too many whiskey and waters, and snacks on too much junk (with breakfast Raisin Bran to keep him regular...)

Krusin he ain’t, and never will.

I just have to accept it and perhaps be glad that they live 90 minutes away and I don’t have to witness the carnage often.

Love you forever anyway mom and dad. :love:

D1B89630-E52B-4990-8403-F95F1E6D6D9B.jpeg

Cuffy, John Schumacher and caroline like this.
  14. ElectricUniverse

ElectricUniverse New Member

Sad to see loved ones on a steady course headed inevitably towards the rocks of early morbidity and death, isn't it?

Dr McGuff, on front lines as a seasoned career emergency medicine doctor, has remarked about the crazy trend of Americans getting sicker and sicker earlier and earlier in life. Take a stroll through a Walmart and see what he is describing.

He describes how about half of patients appearing in ER can not even sit up by themselves on gurney for tests, etc.

Even discounting environmental toxicity from E-smog, glyphosate, flouride, chemicals, and so on, people's poor diet and lifestyle are their worst nemesis.

Most Americans are pretty stupid, and it shows in their overall health.

15. Phosphene

Phosphene Gold (finally)

So I skipped that margarita fest—yay for me!

We got back awhile ago from dinner and we’re just about done packing up. I got them to splurge on a farm/sea to table restaurant recommended by the yoga center. They loved the food but not the prices—was funny to see their faces at the (fairly reasonable for gourmet) bill.

Big sigh. Not big spenders, even though they have enough.

I found out that those with a handicapped placard can drive along Daytona Beach for free—normally $20, which they would never spend. We are heading out in style tomorrow with dad cruising along at 10 MPH, skirting the surf till mom screams at him. I can hardly wait.

John Schumacher and caroline like this.
  16. caroline

caroline Moderator

My DH was so very sick for about 7 years before he passed. We had wonderful, caring Doctors and nurses who always went the extra mile for both of us. I can't imagine that I would have gone against their recommendations 10 years ago - before I knew better. I did take him outside and into the sun, in a wheelchair, as often as I could.

What still breaks my heart, to this day, my beautiful DH would have done anything to get better.

He trusted me and depended on me and loved me unconditionally - but I just didn't know better ....then.

Anne V, Sue-UK, Phosphene and 2 others like this.
  17. Heart full of love...

18. That was very respectful. Well done!

Phosphene likes this.
  19. Oh - patient one. You care.

Phosphene likes this.
  20. I bet yours is so beautiful; there's no need to cover up.

Phosphene likes this.