1. Registering for the Forum

We require a human profile pic upon registration on this forum.

After registration is submitted, you will receive a confirmation email, which should contain a link to confirm your intent to register for the forum. At this point, you will not yet be registered on the forum.

Our Support staff will manually approve your account within 24 hours, and you will get a notification. This is to prevent the many spam account signups which we receive on a daily basis.

If you have any problems completing this registration, please email support@jackkruse.com and we will assist you.

Phosphene — She Wants To Do Right

Discussion in 'My Optimal Journal' started by Phosphene, Jun 21, 2018.

1. Phosphene

Phosphene Gold (finally)

The actual berries are tiny, seedy, and just a wee bit sweet with very little flavor, but of course I munch on them whenever I find them. Must be good stuff in there.

0D9CAB3A-2941-4ACD-90AC-544D9B720E83.jpeg

I much prefer the wild black raspberries that have developed into large understory patches in the yard. We have a bumper harvest this year and are picking them by the quart. This one is coexisting nicely with what I think is Carolina Spicebush (brownish blooms).

D5F49B6B-1E75-405F-AB32-589937E83D8A.jpeg

Billybats likes this.
  2. Phosphene

Phosphene Gold (finally)

This is what my offspring did yesterday. This isn’t them, but it might as well be. (Nice slo-mo backflip partway though.)

The water really is that clear. And super cold. And zero cell service in the area.

I’m beyond relieved that they love to be out in nature.

Billybats, caroline, Sheddie and 2 others like this.
  3. Phosphene

Phosphene Gold (finally)

caroline, Jenelle and drezy like this.
  4. drezy

drezy Gold

Sounds great

[​IMG]

Billybats and Sheddie like this.
  5. Phosphene

Phosphene Gold (finally)

Oh come on! What’s the worst that can happen? :rolleyes:

I’ve entrusted my life to complete strangers more often than I’ll admit, and come through unscathed. I’ll always believe the good eggs far outnumber the bad.

Anyhow, maybe escaping to the middle of nowhere might not be necessary if this actually happens...

(!!!Camping at The Farm!!!)

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=2205414446189564&id=239883926075969

6. Jenelle

Jenelle Evolving

I would SO load up the car on my next break and go camping at the farm! :thumbsup:

Sean Waters, Billybats and Phosphene like this.
  7. Phosphene

Phosphene Gold (finally)

Meet you there with bells on!

Hmmm... pastures. Cow bell might be appropriate?

Hopefully a watering hole too.

Jenelle likes this.
  8. Phosphene

Phosphene Gold (finally)

Oy my thoughts are raging—circling, swooping and attacking like the young hawks (at least two) that have taken up residence in my woods. We saw them corner a poor squirrel, awkwardly honing their emerging hunting prowess. Yeah, I feel like the squirrel. Squirrely—one of my favorite descriptors.

So I did what I do when I’m feeling squirrely—cook something.

The black raspberries are waning so I paleo-ized the following recipe for a clafoutis (fancy French for an eggy, fruity soufflé. Hey there’s that French again—they must be good cooks.) Turned out great!

https://www.saveur.com/article/Recipes/Cherry-Clafoutis

Eating helps with the squirrelyness too...

3D964D5D-DE59-483F-B496-A768130D34C0.png 41AD8211-F4A2-47B3-A582-0C67D906B04B.png

9. drezy

drezy Gold

Nice cast iron

10. Phosphene

Phosphene Gold (finally)

Lodge. Use this stuff every day. Now I just need an outdoor fire pit to get me out of the nnEMF apocalypse kitchen.

http://www.lodgemfg.com/

Hey you’ve mentioned having a solar oven in your cheffing arsenal. Not sure it’s worth the effort this far north but a tutorial on that might interest folks.

11. Phosphene

Phosphene Gold (finally)

I’m always amazed that this is what my oldest likes to do in his spare time. Anxiety-provoking for sure, but a good lesson in non-attachment.

EF2B9EAF-6FF6-40FD-B604-9612774AD553.jpeg

JanSz, caroline and Jenelle like this.
  12. caroline

caroline Moderator

does he follow Jeremy Thomley?

Scompy likes this.
  13. Phosphene

Phosphene Gold (finally)

The short answer is, not yet.

Reasons why are much longer. Working up to sharing them soon.

Good start to today...

C20FBA3E-3697-472F-AF48-2C896B3947F7.jpeg

caroline and Jenelle like this.
  14. Phosphene

Phosphene Gold (finally)

Today is my husband’s birthday, and the 4th anniversary of when I asked him for a divorce. (Yeah, I know—happy birthday to you...it’s a long story.)

Somehow we are still married.

We are officially starting the epi-paleo diet next week (again...:rolleyes::oops:) after our son’s graduation party. Yes I know we should make it an epi-paleo party, but it’s not at my house and I’m not in charge. His cousin is also graduating, and the family parties are always there. Frankly I’m just grateful I don’t have to deal with it—party hosting can throw me over the edge. I won’t even mention what my sister-in-law has assigned us to bring to it. I’m just going to shake my head and endure it, and explain to people why I’m so tanned.

Sean Waters and Jenelle like this.
  15. Billybats

Billybats New Member

I understand when you said mom is up to her wacky shit...lol. . I'm not a mom but understand how you feel.

As for reducing nnEMF. For the videos maybe connect your computer to your tv and watch or listen that way. As for reading his stuff if you haven't done it yet print it all out.

I haven't ordered my VGA to Hdmi adapter yet. A few months ago we reduced cable to basic and now that we don't have many channels it's a good opportunity to put doc up on the tv screen., plus for some reason I think he will pay attention more. I can run the other videos of 5G and science documentaries without using wifi.

Sheddie and Phosphene like this.
  16. Billybats

Billybats New Member

That's Drezy for ya.

Phosphene likes this.
  17. Billybats

Billybats New Member

Maybe you should tell him about Jeremy. He isn't to far from his age? and maybe it will intrigue him.

Phosphene likes this.
  18. Sue-UK

Sue-UK Gold

I don't like hosting family parties, I've done it for years and now I'm 60 I've decided its time the next generation took a turn. I'll do the odd simple Sunday lunch or BBQ for immediate family, but that's it - and I tell them in advance what I'm cooking, and if they want anything else to go with it, they have to cook it/buy it/bring it themselves.

I'm going to confess ….:eek::D Last few family party I've been to, I haven't endured the food, I've enjoyed it - its a test of my redox. In my experience there is what it does, and how much worse my fear of it or guilt makes it. Being able to eat what is on offer is a breakthrough, feeling fear or guilt would have changed the experiment. At the last one I admit two desserts was a bit OTT but a girl has got to test the concept of shit off a shingle properly :p. I also had a couple of large gin and tonics, had a great time, no repercussions, great sleep. I've worked up to that level of testing, ;) but a couple of years ago what I did would have wiped me out for days.

Here's wishing you and your family a fab graduation party. :D

19. Billybats

Billybats New Member

I agree. I find I can eat almost anything now. I think not to stress the body and mind. I am finding that sun/nature, enjoying life and sleep are top of my list. I started having wine to help me sleep. I feel if our sleep sucks we can't repair properly that will screw up redox. So don't ever feel guilty for enjoying yourself, that's my opinion and I am sticking to it. .lolhahaaaaa:D

20. caroline

caroline Moderator

Sue ....I am finding that I am going with it - an ice cold lime vodka and tonic has amazing health benefits! no more cramps or easy bruising and I am going with it!

This shit on a shingle thing is pretty darn liberating! I had a piece of cheesecake yesterday and enjoyed every single mouthful! It has always been pretty frustrating for my partner that I always eat different things than him ....it really is a drag for both of us. He [and me] too really enjoy dinner together and watching the sunset ....with a drink on occasion.

Life is for the living .......quantum living at it's finest!

I am still trying to work out how to do the kiniki thing in public.........