1. Registering for the Forum

We require a human profile pic upon registration on this forum.

After registration is submitted, you will receive a confirmation email, which should contain a link to confirm your intent to register for the forum. At this point, you will not yet be registered on the forum.

Our Support staff will manually approve your account within 24 hours, and you will get a notification. This is to prevent the many spam account signups which we receive on a daily basis.

If you have any problems completing this registration, please email support@jackkruse.com and we will assist you.

Phosphene — She Wants To Do Right

Discussion in 'My Optimal Journal' started by Phosphene, Jun 21, 2018.

1. Phosphene

Phosphene Gold (finally)

Following my intuition and drawn to this. Fascinating. I could listen to this woman all day.

Ed Pomicter likes this.
  2. Phosphene

Phosphene Gold (finally)

Artist: Mari Boine

Album: Idjagiedas (In the Hand of the Night)

Genre: Folk, World music, Sami joik, Jazz, Folk rock, Neofolk

Origin: Norwegian Sami

Year: 2006

The Sami yoiks are something very deeply connective. To Nature, to Earth, to People. Mari Boine makes them easier to understand for most people, by adding jazz and rock elements, but manages not to lose too much of that purity.

3. Phosphene

Phosphene Gold (finally)

Alright some good news to report! Through a last-minute cancellation of a beach house at the Jersey shore, my family plus my two sister-in-laws’ families will be sharing the house next week for next to nothing. Right on the bay (with a floating dock for swimming) and two blocks to the beach.

I’ve been in a bit of a slump, though nothing worth blathering about here. It’s so very obvious how the lack of sun affects me, and moreso the lack of direct interaction with likeminded community.

I intend to fully rev up my redox and dopamine next week—weather looks almost perfect so if anyone wants to join me for sunrise in Avalon just say the word. Don’t think there will be room for overnight but I could host you all day next Wed/Thurs/Fri.

Thankfully found a pet/house sitter—hope they enjoy the space—it’s certainly quiet and peaceful. Not far from farms like this. Taking some of the superb golden butter with me—$3/pound.

70A95240-1634-47EB-86B9-28F9A09C89ED.jpeg

Anne V and caroline like this.
  4. LieselK

LieselK Titanium Member

Woo-hoo! Have a super time! I just started to feel good a few days ago with my NC sunshine. We're headed to Tampa to find a house this weekend- hopefully you can come visit in the winter!

caroline and Phosphene like this.
  5. Phosphene

Phosphene Gold (finally)

Wow where did the summer go? Well it’s still technically summer for a few more weeks, but there’s just something both joyful and wistful about the start of September and kids back to school. I’ve always had awesome energy/mood this time of year and now is no different. Getting labs done in the few weeks (for the first time in years) so I’m curious about my D, hormones and other stuff.

Mexico trip is all planned for January—just waiting till the direct flight prices drop a bit to finalize it. A whole 3.5 weeks this time—woohoo! And I’m starting a part-time job next week to pay for it all, and they are fine with me taking time off. So blessed.

Now for something in the file of #youcantmakethisshitup. Look what arrived in my mailbox yesterday! Never received anything like this in all my years in this relatively fundamentalist area. Funny thing is I’m not quite so skeptical anymore. :rofl::alien:

B24D05F0-DA96-4964-B647-85E32175F0DD.jpeg

DC1E5C68-8495-4079-A95E-E4DD6D28EA92.jpeg

KrusinWitchie, Jenelle and Anne V like this.
  6. JanSz

JanSz Gold

make sure to
    fill your Lamps with (enough) oil;

Phosphene and Anne V like this.
  7. drezy

drezy Gold

Wait, the worlds going to end? Again?

Christine_L, Phosphene and Anne V like this.
  8. Cuffy

Cuffy Gold

@Phosphene I read on past your Mexico vacation breakdown a few pages back and saw you are (were?) a software technical writer/editor/QA tester.

We're work twins! It's rare to meet one out in the wild.

Phosphene likes this.
  9. Phosphene

Phosphene Gold (finally)

Yes indeed, a compatriot in the flesh! Most eyes glaze over when I try to describe my career...

Don’t tell me you’re INTP as well. :glasses:

10. Cuffy

Cuffy Gold

INTJ, but I married an INTP!

Phosphene likes this.
  11. Attached Files:

Jenelle likes this.
  12. Phosphene

Phosphene Gold (finally)

I’m committed to getting at least one pair of RO’s for now to support Matt, but it’s interesting that discount online sites are offering seemingly decent therapeutic tints now. I wonder if RO will ever offer significant bulk family discounts? They seem to be marketing to the young biohacker crowd with cash to burn, and that’s fine if the niche works.

13. Cuffy

Cuffy Gold

RO prices for reader customization recently took a steep hike (from $45 to $120). I'm not sure if Rx-strength stayed the same or had been lower a few weeks back.

I do love my Popp Ultimate Night glasses! Before finding this forum and learning about Jack's favorite brand, I'd bought a pair of Swannie's. I liked them, but the ROs block more blue and green. I also tried a couple styles from Gunnar Optiks, but I returned them because they didn't block as much as I wanted.

If I look at my computer at night, it's always with the Popps and Iris set to Sleep mode. I can barely see a thing, but I guess that's the point.

14. I have 2 pairs of Ra Optics, 1 BluBlox, 2 Uvex, 1 Dewalts and 3 PrimalHackers (2 night time and 1 day time). I really like the PrimalHacker ones even though they aren't super dark red like my Ra's. Plus if they break or scratch I dont feel as bad as the scratch on my day time Ra's because the price is significantly less. I don't use an Rx but I think the new price is a little steep. Knowing my BF his would get scratched immediately, which is how I found the other sites. Even if you are super careful, having a bunch of back ups and variety is really nice.

15. Phosphene

Phosphene Gold (finally)

I will probably get the daytime ROs as my first pair for the increased indoor exposure of winter. Plus yes my new job is indoors but I’m still looking forward to just getting the hell away from the house for a bit. My husband works from home and there definitely is such a thing as too much togetherness!

I thought hard about getting back into technical writing/editing on a contract basis but I’m still hesitant about a job where I have to stare at a screen all day. That’s what got me into this mess and even with mitigation measures I’m still leery.

Plus my new gig is something completely different, and has been quietly calling for quite some time. I’ll be helping a friend open and manage a new restaurant 15 minutes away in one of the small college towns. Yes, increased nnemf for sure, but for better or worse I don’t appear to get obvious symptoms from even extreme exposure (like a weekend in Philly) so I’ll give it a whirl. No early mornings or late nights so my sun and sleep schedule will remain intact, and my friend knows this is a leap and has already assured no hard feelings if it doesn’t work.

I’m actually rather excited about the whole thing! Oh, and I’ll get to create an employee handbook, job descriptions, and some standard operating procedures, which can be done from wherever. This is the third restaurant and the owner/friend is a bit scattered so I’m sure there will be some drama and chaos, but I’m actually embracing that concept as well. It’s been a long time since my body, mind and spirit have all been on board for creating order out of chaos. My previous trainings should serve me well!

Soft opening isn’t till early October so for now I still get to enjoy this, although it’s probably the culprit to my seasonal ragweed allergy that appears every year like clockwork when it blooms. Small price to pay.

B8781F5A-543C-4014-B39C-CB82CC25103B.jpeg

caroline likes this.
  16. Phosphene

Phosphene Gold (finally)

Holy moly! I actually have a few viable peaches on my one remaining tree—first time in the 15+ years since we planted them. I had written them off since the pollinator tree (I was told to plant two different varieties) died last year. There have been peaches in the past but they always succumbed to fungus and I would never spray.

This is the best of the bunch—flawed but scrumptious!

52B37B06-BE00-494A-9DEE-BC980EA2AA80.jpeg

Wish we hadn’t placed the “dwarf” trees so close to the hemlocks behind. Seemed like plenty of room at the time.

And damn—I need to cut my fingernails again. They are hard as rocks and grow so fast.

Sorry @drezy perhaps your peaches teleported up here. :D

drezy likes this.
  17. drezy

drezy Gold

Yummm enjoy. That's about as good as a match as you're going to get.

Phosphene likes this.
  18. Cuffy

Cuffy Gold

It doesn't get more local than fruit in your own yard.

One of my winter projects will be plotting some small veggie gardens. We cut down some ailing oaks a few years ago, and the yard gets a lot more sun now. I'll grow all the veggies that complement seafood.

Phosphene likes this.
  19. Anne V

Anne V Gold

do you understand french? fascinating video ... if i cant download i ll ask @drezy

Phosphene likes this.