1. Registering for the Forum

We require a human profile pic upon registration on this forum.

After registration is submitted, you will receive a confirmation email, which should contain a link to confirm your intent to register for the forum. At this point, you will not yet be registered on the forum.

Our Support staff will manually approve your account within 24 hours, and you will get a notification. This is to prevent the many spam account signups which we receive on a daily basis.

If you have any problems completing this registration, please email support@jackkruse.com and we will assist you.

Phosphene — She Wants To Do Right

Discussion in 'My Optimal Journal' started by Phosphene, Jun 21, 2018.

1. Absolutely lovely! Happy Easter! Your dad looks great.

Phosphene likes this.
  2. drezy

drezy Gold

That plate of pork belly in your picture is single serving as far as I'm concerned.

Sean Waters and Phosphene like this.
  3. Phosphene

Phosphene Gold (finally)

That’s what was left after the pre-feast appetizer frenzy.

The other two thirds of the ham was waiting in the fridge as well. :)

drezy likes this.
  4. Nothing a little bit of tender slow roasted Pork Belly can't handle..............

LOL I wish. And I hear you. This Spring has certainly brough about a lot emotion and relationship tension. Everyone seems to be going through this! Even Drezy is opening up.

FWIW and if it makes you feel any better I'm currently not speaking to my Mother - sounds bad to everyone else - but it is actually working out better so we don't say anything hurtful to each other. And for the same reasons everyone else is experiencing, she said "Why don't you and Jack Kruse fuck off out of my house?"

LOL.

At the time I was annoyed, but looking back it's a pretty hilarious statement. She's absolutely had it with this Light shit.

I chose to cut her off. And when I move out in the next few weeks she might still be cut off. I still think Jack had it right with that last year before all of this last few webinars.

I've tried fighting for people, and when they aren't gonna get it, and I don't have the energy, you gotta fly away.

Maybe Jack has got the energy to do it. Maybe he needs those around him to thrive and so he has to fight.

It's tough. So many of us are facing it though.... don't hesitate to reach out if you need to vent.

Last edited: May 3, 2019
    Alex97232, caroline and Phosphene like this.
  5. JanSz

JanSz Gold

It is good to pay lots of taxes, but no more than legally required.

Sean Waters, caroline and Phosphene like this.
  6. caroline

caroline Moderator

we can only fight for ourselves ....whatever it takes.

and then ..... we attract like minded people....who add value to our lives.

Phosphene and Sean Waters like this.
  7. @caroline and the further you go, the more true this becomes.

Life goal is to build one of these............

[​IMG]

8. Phosphene

Phosphene Gold (finally)

Happy Mother’s Day to all the mums, and all the dads and various and sundry others who support them. We’re all in it together!

Much to update—will get there.

Distracted a bit by the latest addition to my family—a fiercely sweet rescue I’ve named Kira.
    E5B9F296-3A97-4060-A4C8-04924194DBDD.jpeg

Also distracted by a gift (not the horse trough yet—that is still in the works).

C97ECFCD-53A9-4C2F-8297-916E8DCE2065.jpeg

9. Saichi

Saichi New Member

Your son may like this non-nihilistic conscious rap LP:

and if he really wants to hear the beginnings here's the very first rap recording ever:

Every genre has culturally informative examples however in the minority as mandated by the matrix.

Phosphene and KrusinWitchie like this.
  10. caroline

caroline Moderator

tell me about this book ......

Phosphene and KrusinWitchie like this.
  11. KrusinWitchie

KrusinWitchie New Member

Listening to an interview with this author about the book had me sobbing! Maybe it was the nnEMF from the car radio that turned me into emotional mush... but even so there was something about her voice and experience that touched my weepy heart! Enjoy!

Phosphene likes this.
  12. caroline

caroline Moderator

need to check this out... thanks!

13. Phosphene

Phosphene Gold (finally)

@Saichi , Thanks! This is exactly the kind of stuff my young dudes are into. I’ll see if they dig this. I do understand that some of it has value, and they’ve assured me that the purely misogynistic bitch/ho nonsense isn’t their thing. Thank the gods.

The older one is three months into his culturally mandated matrix job and already annoyed with the limitations of the starting 3 weeks of ‘paid time off’ (sick/vaca) which can’t be used till earned week by week, and apparently can’t be carried over to the next year either. It’s the kind of company that seems to churn employees in this tight labor market, and he’s positioned to gather experience and certifications, pay off his reasonable loans, and then work anywhere. He sleeps in my parents’ rural finished basement, surrounded by the Earth and very little nnEMF which I think bodes well for his currently excellent health. Coming home to a Baba-cooked, carb-heavy meal every day doesn’t seem to hurt yet either. He’s found a new climbing community there, and has taken up golf with fancy clubs gifted from his boss, so all systems go.

The younger one has a bit more entrepreneurial spirit and less tolerance for the mundane. He’s currently prepping for a three credit school sponsored camping trip to California—Joshua Tree and Death Valley among other places. Hope he gets Cali out of his system.

I’m doing ok but feeling a bit restless, and emerging from a bit of an anxious funk. The persistent cold rain is finally starting to clear—was really getting to me. The sun truly is my salvation. This is the longest I’ve stayed in one place for quite a few years (aside from my two week Mexico escape). Been mulling over some money earning ideas, but have made it clear that my priorities are to help support the family while I can, but then get the hell out of Dodge when I need to. I think it’s becoming clearer to everyone that this is what I NEED to do, not just what I WANT to do.

Current favorite sunny spot, partially shielded by variegated weigelia.

Life is good.

E6F8226A-6BFF-4D45-8B81-638B9E5DFF79.jpeg

Last edited: May 15, 2019
    KrusinWitchie likes this.
  14. Phosphene

Phosphene Gold (finally)

Will do! It’s huge (462 pages) but lots of white space and illustrations so shouldn’t take all that long. I was lured into watching her 4-episode Netflix series, which was totally worth the nnEMF. She is just delightful—knowledgeable, experienced, passionate and unpretentious. Many of the recipes are carb-focused, but I’m pretty good at subbing or just eliminating the carbs. The lessons in technique are spot on, and quite a few things I’d never considered, like poaching in oil.

Made her Moroccan Kufte yesterday—basically spicy, egg-shaped meatballs, pan fried since it was pouring yet again. Hubs declared he’d love to find those Measter eggs hidden anywhere around the house. :rofl:

The sauce I came up with needs some work. I have a habit of getting a bit over-confident at times and just combining flavors and ingredients helter-skelter hoping for the best. Turns out you can’t just mix some Greek yogurt into an olive oil/herb base. Well you can, but you’ll end up with a runny (but still tasty) mess. I sort of knew this but couldn’t resist anyway.

I’m hoping following some of her classic techniques will teach me a little restraint! :rolleyes:

caroline and KrusinWitchie like this.
  15. Phosphene

Phosphene Gold (finally)

Don’t know much of the back story yet but she’s Iranian and that in itself makes her intriguing. Started out bussing at iconic Chez Panisse 20 years ago and apprenticed (and traveled) her way up—no formal culinary school. She weaves personal stories into the prose and recipes, which always makes both better, IMO.

16. caroline

caroline Moderator

I NEED this book!!! we have a little turkish cafe here ....and I do mean little! little sidewalk tables only. She has 4 cookbooks now and they are fascinating when you weave her childhood memories and history thru her cookbooks.

17. caroline

caroline Moderator

I have great memories of Chez Panisse...... Is it still operating?

18. Phosphene

Phosphene Gold (finally)

19. Phosphene

Phosphene Gold (finally)

20. caroline

caroline Moderator

a memoir??????? you are making me feel very old. I will have to give this all some thought .....I never think of myself as interesting - not at all. Pretty boring actually ...or maybe just too intense. That is a new word I am using about myself.

Now - you on the other hand .......you write so beautifully and are so interesting and alive.

Phosphene likes this.