1. Registering for the Forum

We require a human profile pic upon registration on this forum.

After registration is submitted, you will receive a confirmation email, which should contain a link to confirm your intent to register for the forum. At this point, you will not yet be registered on the forum.

Our Support staff will manually approve your account within 24 hours, and you will get a notification. This is to prevent the many spam account signups which we receive on a daily basis.

If you have any problems completing this registration, please email support@jackkruse.com and we will assist you.

Phosphene — She Wants To Do Right

Discussion in 'My Optimal Journal' started by Phosphene, Jun 21, 2018.

1. I love crocus!

KrusinWitchie likes this.
  2. Phosphene

Phosphene Gold (finally)

In head-down mode getting taxes and related BS paperwork done but wow it’s hard to resist the forum. You miss so much skipping a few days!

Sleep and mood are a bit sketchy but I’ll get through. Back is aching from the yard work—sometimes I do indeed feel 50. :eek:

Cold tub helps though and I’m going to take that promised splash in the still frigid river soon.

Dinner yesterday—grilled chimichurri-marinated pork loin steaks and grill-roasted broccoli. I can’t NOT cook for an army! (Leftovers are good for a day or two in my book.)

A09F1F6B-605B-4291-87FA-525371D18306.jpeg

Anne V, LieselK, Christine_L and 2 others like this.
  3. drezy

drezy Gold

Did you get those taxes done?

Christine_L likes this.
  4. I got my "rebate" back

5. Phosphene

Phosphene Gold (finally)

Yes, got them mostly done over the past few weeks but there was one niggling thing bothering me and I finally figured it out yesterday—to the tune of another wee trip to Mexico! One advantage of two kids in college was double the education credit as well. Too bad there’s still some debt to pay down from the past few years of chaos. Most of it will need to go to that, but I’m still getting my horse trough tub and Ethernet cable for Mother’s Day. :rofl:

The cold, cloudy spring is dragging here—minor tornado even touched down last night just 15 minutes away! I’m dragging a little too and can’t quite figure it out. Actually I’m pretty sure I do know—I admit missing the chaos a bit. Life here is blessed, but....feeling so ordinary and uninspired at the moment. This empty nest shit is no joke. Still searching for my starfish spark and long term sunshine escape route. I also haven’t integrated one bit back into the community, though I did make 30 quarts of soup with my mother in law last week for her church’s charity soup kitchen. Not epi-paleo in the least unfortunately. Their mantra is cheap and filling, which means lots of noodles and beans. And rather central PA bland of course. :thumbsdown: Sigh.

All this stuff going on with Doc is triggering me too. I simply MUST make sure I’m back here for the right reasons. I do know one of those reasons is to spend some quality time with youngest son home from college for the summer. Had a bit of emotional release with him recently over spring break—a LONG hug that turned to tears for both of us, and then an even longer embrace, making up for lost time...

6. drezy

drezy Gold

I like the monetary unit.

In those terms I ended up owing 2 Mexico trips. Goodbye my sweet sweet cash.

caroline, Anne V and Christine_L like this.
  7. Phosphene

Phosphene Gold (finally)

KrusinWitchie and drezy like this.
  8. LieselK

LieselK Titanium Member

Sending lots of love your way.

Retreat and engage. Retreat and engage. Just don't give up. You are worth it.

9. Spend as much time in the sun as you can! Make healthy food for YOURSELF. You got this.

KrusinWitchie and Phosphene like this.
  10. Phosphene

Phosphene Gold (finally)

Getting some oysters today. I did slack off a bit.... :oops:

11. Phosphene

Phosphene Gold (finally)

Success!

Tag on the bag said 15 count Blue Points for $13, not bad but even better when it turns out to be 21 in there! Surprised that the local-yocal grocery store carries them. The name of the store is Weis (usually pronounced either rhyming with ‘rice’, or more colloquially, ‘rises’). However, New York transplant friends of mine once had me rolling with their pronunciation, We-Is. Once heard it cannot be unheard! :rofl:

Experimented with opening them on the grill, which worked, but lost some precious deuterium-depleted juice and found the attachment muscle much harder to slice through after even the lightest of grilling. Still yum though.

Easter oysters—a new tradition?

CA93738C-BCB8-4EA8-B519-261D5A925B4A.jpeg

Sean Waters, LieselK, drezy and 2 others like this.
  12. Phosphene

Phosphene Gold (finally)

Been busy spring cleaning, in many ways. The township has a free junk drop off event next weekend and we are preparing massive amounts of stuff to GO, CHUCK, LEAVE, BE GONE! Some will be saved for a yard sale so that’s a pain, but I can’t bear to toss usable stuff. Although Goodwill is another option too.

Paused to enjoy the glorious sunrise from a new location today—my grounded front porch. Good here for another few days until the cherry leafs out.

9C51B747-08E4-40F3-A5ED-FFE62BF1E182.jpeg

Much contemplation with all of this tossing. 20+ years of crap, most of it for the kids. So much sports equipment!!! At least it kept them outside...

13. drezy

drezy Gold

Wow! Pretty tree!

You had two good boys.

I'm starting to think that past middle age and with at least one good offspring or significant influence on the future life is just one long victory lap. I think you and I should be walking around like this all day until the end of our days:
    [​IMG]

@JanSz has good grandkids so he should be doing this and be jumping too.

14. Phosphene

Phosphene Gold (finally)

Yes I do have two good boys, who are now awesome young men. The younger one is a big softie for animals—came home with a baby squirrel orphaned on campus. I asked him if he would still hunt squirrels if our lives depended on it, and the answer was a quick, “Hell yeah!”

Yep, good boys. Only the younger one can rock a man-bun and this thrift store shirt.

DD1AA51F-A6D5-4F85-BCE4-7EF06DFB2A2D.jpeg

15. drezy

drezy Gold

I like the shirt too. Is he a low-compliance guy? (aka what's all this about peer pressure?)

Sean Waters likes this.
  16. Very cool!

17. Phosphene

Phosphene Gold (finally)

Oh yeah, total nonconformist with confidence and style off the charts. He definitely took the best of me and my husband, and cubed it. Not sure where the rap music snuck in—have to take the good with the...tolerable I guess.

He’s a geoscience major like his brother, but with a philosophy minor, this tricky one.

18. Phosphene

Phosphene Gold (finally)

So this past weekend was Russian Orthidox Easter, and the feast table was laden with meats of all sorts. Ham, veal, baked pork belly, and no less than four types of kielbasa—from two states. The Pennsylvania ones edged out the New Jersey contingent, but just barely. Ignore Aunt Sandra’s rainbow jello desert in the upper left corner. :rolleyes:

568DDC64-D983-4D37-955E-3F08C2525A08.jpeg

My dad as master of ceremony, for yet another year. He turned 83 on Monday. :love:
    418705D1-BD8C-4CC1-8155-120DB71F9FE9.jpeg

19. caroline

caroline Moderator

looks fantastic!

Phosphene likes this.