1. Registering for the Forum

We require a human profile pic upon registration on this forum.

After registration is submitted, you will receive a confirmation email, which should contain a link to confirm your intent to register for the forum. At this point, you will not yet be registered on the forum.

Our Support staff will manually approve your account within 24 hours, and you will get a notification. This is to prevent the many spam account signups which we receive on a daily basis.

If you have any problems completing this registration, please email support@jackkruse.com and we will assist you.

PhosphatidylSerine and Low Cortisol/ Methylation Issues

Discussion in 'Adrenal Rx and Leaky Gut Rx' started by tweety, Mar 26, 2013.

1. tweety

tweety New Member

I am working on my low cortisol, have been for well over a year now. I have not been able to do a recent salivary test, but I was low for the first three and low normal on the last time frame. In addition, I have identified some methylation issues and was following a protocol of supplements to benefit this - a special multi vitamin featuring TMG, intrinsi folate and and b12 combo, another b12 suitable for methylation troubles, and lastly phosphatidyl serine. So I just ordered the last supp, and now am reading it is only beneficial to those who have high cortisol.

Can we discuss phosphatidyl serine and the benefits you have seen? Or precautions?

I haven't opened it yet and am considering just returning it. While I haven't done the adrenal panel recently, I know I am not healed yet. I feel good for the most part, but major stressors still take me out. If I get overly upset about something, I am ready to sleep immediately upon calming down. This makes me feel as though my body is still working too hard to produce cortisol.

I have trouble keeping my protocols straight and really need to formulate a special chart to not try something that won't be good for me!

2. janagram

janagram New Member

I am wondering the same thing....trying PSerine for sleep but don't know if that's a good idea.....

3. MeghanK

MeghanK New Member

I have been using it for a month... but also use 5mg of melatonin and 2 xanax for sleep (I have anxiety disorder/panic attacks...) so not sure what is doing what... but I have been sleeping a full 7-8 hours without getting up the in the middle of the night with racing thoughts the last month...

4. tweety

tweety New Member

I decided to return the supp because it is indicated for people with high cortisol. Not me.

As far as improving sleep, my husband and I listened to a guided meditation for deep rest last night (right before sleep) and we both slept so deeply. The best sleep in a long time for me!

5. Hi Tweety, not sure if I will be any help because I still don't have my Salivary Cortisol levels.
    I was recommended the Phosphatidyl Serine Complex from Holistic Heal (Yasko's formulation, Dr. Mullan uses it too) to help with the "shortcut" of the methylation cycle.
    Another Doc then recommended I try Sunflower Lecithin by Now. It is cheap, does not contain any Soy or GMO and is supposed to be quite effective.

Unfortunately, I do not have any personal experience with either product and have not yet researched them further. Just wanted to share this info in case it helps.

6. tweety

tweety New Member

I had gotten the Phosphatidyl serine complex as part of the Yasko methylation protocol too, and did manage to get soy free. But the fact that it lowers cortisol was concerning to me. I liked Yasko's ideas in general, but alot of the supplements recommended contained ingredients that should not be included. I really had to do a lot of digging to adapt the guidelines to my needs.