1. Registering for the Forum

We require a human profile pic upon registration on this forum.

After registration is submitted, you will receive a confirmation email, which should contain a link to confirm your intent to register for the forum. At this point, you will not yet be registered on the forum.

Our Support staff will manually approve your account within 24 hours, and you will get a notification. This is to prevent the many spam account signups which we receive on a daily basis.

If you have any problems completing this registration, please email support@jackkruse.com and we will assist you.

Phoenix!

Discussion in 'My Optimal Journal' started by Phoenix, Mar 16, 2012.

1. Phoenix

Phoenix New Member

Freeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee:zzz::zzz::zzz::zzz:zingggggggggggggggg!

Got out of the tub about 15 mins ago. This was my first time all the way down to 55 degrees!! I just figured I'd be acclimating to the cold water for about a year. But it's only been a week!

Woo Hoo! Yay, me!!

I stayed in for a little over 20 minutes too. So big accomplishment for someone who thought cold showers were intolerable. Not so anymore.

Fifty five degrees in a tub for 20 minutes!! I can't believe I'm there!

2. Hotmail

Hotmail New Member

You are so brave, I can't even bare to think of CT now :)

3. Phoenix

Phoenix New Member

Sure you can @Hotmail! I love heat and despise cold. After last night I'm hoping to tip the scales in the other direction. It wasn't bad at all. I started with warm water about 3 inches deep. Then turned on mostly cold with a little hot and laid back in the tub. When it got to be about 8 inches deep, and I knew I could tolerate that I turned on 100% cold and let it fill up. It was about 65 degrees at that point. Then I let about half of the water out while continuing to fill with 100% cold. That bought it down to 55 degrees and I just laid there and read a magazine for 20 minutes. It was easy.

The hardest thing about it was after it was over. Seems like the cold hit me at that point. I wasn't shivering, but I was cold and it took me a long time to warm up. You'd think that when you come out of the tub and into room temperature that it would feel warm. It's just the opposite. Very weird phenomenon. I understand that's common though.

4. sandy

sandy New Member

The CT is not nearly as bad as I expected. Nothing I look forward to, but tolerable. I am a warm loving person. Love warm baths, love crawling under my huge down blanket.

hope you are having a great weekend!:eek:

5. Phoenix

Phoenix New Member

I agree. It's really not. I just took my second one. It was not at all uncomfortable. My husband came in and stuck his hand in and got this look of horror on his face. He's all for me trying CT. I'm hoping he'll do the same. This morning there was a scream from the bathroom. It was him. At the end of his shower he turned down to water to the 60 degree mark just to give it a shot. So funny!

You have a great weekend too! Stay cool! :cool:

6. ginastarke

ginastarke New Member

I started out hating cold too. After reading up on CT, I started enjoying the thought of killing fat cells instead of just shrinking the little suckers like CW says is the ONLY thing you can do to them. Now when I I'm outside without a jacket and shivering I grin, thinking "DIE, fat cells, die!" ;)

7. Phoenix

Phoenix New Member

I LOVE it! I'm going to have to remember that.

8. Phoenix

Phoenix New Member

OK, I'm seriously thinking about getting in the tub, but keep making excuses ...

So let's see if this works: "Die, fat cells, die!" :mad:

9. Phoenix

Phoenix New Member

"Die, fat cells, die!" worked, and I got into the cold tub. It was a very uncomfortable session, though. Very cold and I was uninterested in staying there. I perservered for 30 mins though. I never got the "warm up" that I got on my previous tub dunk.

And I seem to be suffering for it today. Sore throat, sore knee, sore back and just feeling kind of blah. I think this is the detox that comes with CT initially.

10. Hotmail

Hotmail New Member

Well I also read about heat therapy lol, the benefits of the sauna etc, have you tried CT, followed by Sauna/steam or steamy shower? Not sure if that works as well...but most Russians/ Scandinavian do it that way.