1. Registering for the Forum

We require a human profile pic upon registration on this forum.

After registration is submitted, you will receive a confirmation email, which should contain a link to confirm your intent to register for the forum. At this point, you will not yet be registered on the forum.

Our Support staff will manually approve your account within 24 hours, and you will get a notification. This is to prevent the many spam account signups which we receive on a daily basis.

If you have any problems completing this registration, please email support@jackkruse.com and we will assist you.

Pete's optimal journal

Discussion in 'My Optimal Journal' started by brookway17, Mar 4, 2017.

1. brookway17

brookway17 Silver

I was listening to Jack,s. latest podcast with Luke story. They were talking about grounding pads and Jack said that running a line down to a ground post was acceptable and preferred over using the electrical ground in the house electrical system. This is somewhat different than what I had gathered from reading through the forums. I understand that the ground wire can become an antenna which takes up the local EMF. This makes sense to me. I was wondering if running a shielded coax cable would get a round this problem. my current cold tub is located on the second floor and I'm not sure whether I really like using the copper plumbing has a grounding path do to it acting as an antenna.

2. drezy

drezy Gold

I think you've got the idea that everything could be double edged.

Are home electrical grounds always clean for every home? No.
    Are long separate run ground wires always batter? No.

Could coax be better if you make sure to ground the shielding? Likely.

brookway17 likes this.
  3. brookway17

brookway17 Silver

I wish that I had access to some sophisticated electronic measuring equipment so that I can determine how clean my grounded is. The need for grounding the shield is certainly controversial. After extensive searching on the web I determined that grounding the shield is not always needed. I believe that this is due to the fact that the shield basically reflex EMF away , sort of like how radar works. Certainly I don't want to ground the shield to the same point that the shielded conductor is being grounded too. I usually use a separate ground rod located at some distance from the first.
    I have redesignd The grounding approach for my new tub. I am planning on driving a ground rod through my basement floor ( I am going to drill a hole first ) adjacent to the tub. Then attach it to a bolt ride passes through the sidewall of the tub. I like your idea of using a piece of braided copper to enhance the conductivity to the water in the tub. I found some half "braid on Amazon but I have to buy 10 feet, a little more that I really need.

4. drezy

drezy Gold

That's badass.

How many feet do you need in the end?

brookway17 likes this.
  5. brookway17

brookway17 Silver

Jan, I in advertently left out the last page of my fatty acid profile. Here it is

IMG_0030.PNG
    My w6/w3 ratio is 7.7

6. brookway17

brookway17 Silver

I am guessing a foot or two.

7. drezy

drezy Gold

I can ship you my excess. Probably about 3.5-4'.

brookway17 likes this.
  8. brookway17

brookway17 Silver

I saw my doctor today. I finally got my T3 levels back from the lab Corp. they are just marginally low. Still waiting for the results on my reverse T3.
    T3,free,serum 1.9 pg/mL - range 2.0 to 4.4
    T4,free(direct) 1.22 ng/dl - range 0.82 to 1.77
    TSH 1.78 uIU/mL -range 0.450 to 4.500
    Jack K
    I am assuming that Lowering reverse T3 will increase free T3 . So I should pursue CT even though I probably won't be able to Cold adapt until I repair my T3?

9. brookway17

brookway17 Silver

Thanks a lot Drezy! I will pay for the shipping, just going to have to figure out how best to do that.
    Is your offer to lend your EMF meter to me still available? If so why don't you ship them together.

10. brookway17

brookway17 Silver

When they checked my vitals at my doctors office this morning I was surprised to find that my body temperature was 98.5°F. I have been in the low 97's for the last several years . Is this normal for CT?

11. drezy

drezy Gold

You're a thermogenic MF'ing Hulk now?...

brookway17 likes this.
  12. drezy

drezy Gold

I added lot of sun AND CT within 2 months of each other in an arrogant attempt to prove JK completely wrong and laugh at him. The laugh was on me.

I used to always have cold hands. It's really subtle but I think it even effects relationships a bit where touch is involved. My little old paws are like furnaces these days and I'm way more touchy grabby (because touch feely is for women).

13. brookway17

brookway17 Silver

Drezy, Amazon has already shipped the braid. So don't bother shipping me the piece that you had. Thanks for the offer anyway. You are still interested in The digital EMF Meter, Mail it to me and I will stick a check when I return it. I mostly want to check my smart ass meternal, my analog meter does not show any activity, I think they're using pulses too fast for my meter to catch. Can you set the meter so that it records the maximum output over a time period?

14. drezy

drezy Gold

Yep, it does this by default so leaving it at a location for a while is worth trying.

15. drezy

drezy Gold

Check your "Inbox"

16. brookway17

brookway17 Silver

This should have read "You are still interested in The digital EMF Meter,

17. brookway17

brookway17 Silver

Does this mean that I'm cold adapting? For the last week I've only been doing soaks at room temperature water for a half hour two times a day. Am I going to start to get used to the cold water?
    I have found a piece of shielded twinx, I am in the process of running it down to my ground post. Hope to have my tub at least temporarily grounded by my soak tonight.

18. drezy

drezy Gold

In the upper right of your forum window click on "Inbox" I sent you a PM.
    inbox.png

19. brookway17

brookway17 Silver

I am not following you. What exactly are you talking about?

20. drezy

drezy Gold

I'm an engineer. I love the taste of freshly broken ideas. When I first found Jack and his ideas it seemed like it would be child' play to prove him wrong.

Nope. Didn't happen.

Catalin likes this.