1. Registering for the Forum

We require a human profile pic upon registration on this forum.

After registration is submitted, you will receive a confirmation email, which should contain a link to confirm your intent to register for the forum. At this point, you will not yet be registered on the forum.

Our Support staff will manually approve your account within 24 hours, and you will get a notification. This is to prevent the many spam account signups which we receive on a daily basis.

If you have any problems completing this registration, please email support@jackkruse.com and we will assist you.

Pete's optimal journal

Discussion in 'My Optimal Journal' started by brookway17, Mar 4, 2017.

1. drezy

drezy Gold

brookway17 likes this.
  2. caroline

caroline Moderator

I used to freeze all kinds of containers full of water. It was a joke around here that none of us had food in the refrigerator anymore!

Now I sit outside after a cold shower - I do not dry off. and I get the sun overhead as well.

3. brookway17

brookway17 Silver

I drop the temperature of my bath down to 57°F last night. I stayed in for about 20 minutes. I got out didn't dry and shivering like crazy. It Took about 30 pounds of ice to get at that temperature.. I have determined empirically and I need about 2 1/2 pounds of ice / degree Fahrenheit temperature drop.

caroline and drezy like this.
  4. brookway17

brookway17 Silver

I finally made it to 55°F. It took 40 pound to ice. I have been staying immersed for 20 minutes per the CT protocol.I have been doing the cold tub now for five consecutive days. Should I only Count the one day that I made it to 55°F? Can I, should I do the tub for more than five days in a week?

5. drezy

drezy Gold

As much as possible I try to schedule it so I get 30 minutes of sun after my session. At the end of it all I feel great and really at ease.

It's kind of a spectrum so I wouldn't completely discount any of the 60 degree sessions. Usually the comments sections on blogs and protocols contain much information. Someone named GOLOORAAM asks about the 5+ days in the Cold Thermo Protocol comment section. Some users also mention the number of days after which they started noticing changes in that comment section.

brookway17 likes this.
  6. brookway17

brookway17 Silver

Thanks Caroline this is a Great thread that I have been looking for

7. caroline

caroline Moderator

my pleasure....

drezy likes this.
  8. brookway17

brookway17 Silver

Last night I used the ice that was left over from the other day and held it on my chest for half an hour while I was submerged in a room temperature tub. It was only about 10 pounds of ice and it was melted in about a half hour . But got my skin tone nice pink color and the temperature below 50°F. I think I will go back to 55°F immersion tonight. Tonight marks the one week mark I hope it gets easier as I proceed.
    I have to remember to measure my skin temperature before I get out of the bath. I'm using an infrared thermometer. It makes a more accurate measurement if you dry the skin. You have to work fast so you don't warm-up the skin.

caroline and drezy like this.
  9. brookway17

brookway17 Silver

Last night my bathwater had warmed up to 73°F, we're having a heat wave. So I decided to go the ice bag on the Chest route. I managed to hold it for 45 minutes checking my skin temperature every 15, I got my skin temperature below 50°F. Tonight I will use the ice that was left over from last night to call the tub down before I add 40 pounds of new ice.
    I have been wondering what the trade off of adaption is between the ice on the torso and the simple immersion. When I hold the bag of ice on my torso I get my skin temperature down on my torso to less then 50°F , although a smaller surface area . But when I immerse myself in 55°F water my skin temperature is above 55°F. But the area is greater

10. drezy

drezy Gold

Side question. If you put a tub in your basement how do you plan on draining it when the time comes?

11. brookway17

brookway17 Silver

I am going to pump it to a drain that I can access about 3 feet above my basement. I only plan on emptying it once every two weeks. I'll plan on using epson salts and hydrogen peroxide to keep the water clean . It takes a long time to fill the tub from the RO system.

12. drezy

drezy Gold

FWIW I'm using an essential oil of mint that seems to keep the tub non-filming and relatively clear for a week and a half (3+3+4 sessions per week). I'm I all hippie with that solution? maybe.

Last edited: Jul 14, 2017
  13. brookway17

brookway17 Silver

Jan, I finally got my fatty acid profile.
    Here are some more results from last week

IMG_0027.PNG IMG_0028.PNG

14. brookway17

brookway17 Silver

Last night I did an immersion at 55°F for close to 30 minutes. I noticed that my breathing was getting heavy near the end of the session. Is this normal? I did not get pink skin. Is it important that I get pink skin in order to get adapted ?
    Do I need to go colder? Brrrr 55 is pretty cold.

15. drezy

drezy Gold

Lol! Yeah immersion can be different. I found it to be better in the long run.

I'm averaging 3-5 CT sessions at 55F per week. I think immersing yourself is a good idea. Even as far in as I am I still yell out a cat call like "whooooo" when I immerse in the tub every time although sometimes I bark out a curse. It's like having Tourettes for one second.

If it would be useful for you and solidarity or whatever I could create a video montage of 10 or so of my mini-Tourettes immersions and share it with you.

16. brookway17

brookway17 Silver

I I am pretty good at cursing myself. I never curse at people, I except that they are imperfect. However, I curse at inanimate objects, like my computer or the board I'm trying to cut or the Nail I'm trying to hammer or the finger I just hit with a hammer. I still give out a big one woohoo when I first slide in to the 70° water. Then I start adding ice to lower the temp. Can not wait until I am able to slip into 60° water. I remember you saying that 60° water wasn't cold to you anymore.
    I did not CT yesterday, it was the first day I skipped in a week. Took my wife out to dinner at a Japanese restaurant, probably consumed way too much sugar even though I try to avoid it. It's hard to avoid sugar in America

17. drezy

drezy Gold

Same here. Every time we eat out we come back feeling slightly off in some way. Our bodies have made it very clear to us that simpler and less is best. Several weeks into all this I hit my system with a specifically bad dinner choice just to see how I'd react. I certainly digest garbage food better now FWIW.

I whipped up bulgogi from scratch last night and added some root vegetables that I had all day in a solar cooker. It was yummy.

If the tub is 60 these days I suspect my wife is secretly happy so she's apparently well adapted to 60 already.

caroline likes this.
  18. caroline

caroline Moderator

What about an ice vest?

19. drezy

drezy Gold

I've been looking at them. I like the concept.

20. brookway17

brookway17 Silver

I have been reading the CT forum that Caroline pointed me to. I'm about halfway through, a lot of good nuggets. One of the interesting pieces of I'm formation was concerning thyroid conditions . Dr. Jack said that you cannot cold adapt if you have a T3 problem , like the ones that I saw in my last blood work after I had to experience the food poisoning. going to have my T3 check tomorrow to see if it has stabilized.
    In the meantime I have suspended my CT until I know the story with the T3
    When I started I was trying to do the leptin reset RX . I did it for six weeks and then find out that you can not get your leptin reset if you're on steroids and that I would have to go the CT route . Now I find another roadblock. I very much want to get cold adapted