1. Registering for the Forum

We require a human profile pic upon registration on this forum.

After registration is submitted, you will receive a confirmation email, which should contain a link to confirm your intent to register for the forum. At this point, you will not yet be registered on the forum.

Our Support staff will manually approve your account within 24 hours, and you will get a notification. This is to prevent the many spam account signups which we receive on a daily basis.

If you have any problems completing this registration, please email support@jackkruse.com and we will assist you.

Pete's optimal journal

Discussion in 'My Optimal Journal' started by brookway17, Mar 4, 2017.

1. JanSz

JanSz Gold

CT affecting blood test results?

Off hand, I would not worry about that too much,
    but between CT and blood draw have a good night sleep and draw blood early in the morning, fasted.

2. drezy

drezy Gold

Solar technology is cool stuff.

My maintenance is going to be 3 x 45 min 55F sessions per week minimum or 6 if choose to dip myself back into a tech heavy environment to make $$$. Instead I'm trying to work out a deal that will have me outside developing some properties on a daily basis though like Bob the outside builder.

LOL! Yep it sure does. Especially in beginner mode I noticed. Doc explained the mechanisms below, but I just see it as the mitochondria were sitting around being held back from really hustling and the cold speeds their work up.

https://forum.jackkruse.com/index.php?threads/methylene-blue.19593/#post-215526

brookway17 likes this.
  3. brookway17

brookway17 Silver

4. drezy

drezy Gold

Nice that keeps it simple.

I went straight into the ice water. I found Jack when I was trying to explain why the heck I was losing weight just doing mid-day walks. The calorie burn physics weren't explaining it to me. I read about the ice water and thought it was pretty crazy and was way outside my model of how life works. I wanted to either disprove him or expand my model. I stopped all supplements and workouts (which were few and far between anyway). Model expanded!

After 3 sessions per week for 2 weeks it became easy and just a habit. The same is true for my wife. The cold (and morning light) improves her sleep(always been her issue) and stress response. I can't recall a single time in the past when she had 2 consecutive good nights of sleep. Now whole weeks of good sleep are her norm. Major improvement to the relationship right there.

In fact If I were a marriage counselor I'd have a lever that flipped both partners through a trap door into ice water for their 45 minute session with me. Cryotherapy meets therapist!

"Let's see so you're both putting on weight. She's not respecting you as a man and he's not listening to you and keeps googling the neighbor? I've got just the thing <SHUNK>."

Maybe the return visits would be the tricky part of that business model.

Something like this at 1:15 (Gotta love the Japanese):

brookway17, Phosphene and caroline like this.
  5. drezy

drezy Gold

Happy Independence Day gents.

Home ground bacon burgers and pyrotechnics are on the menu tonight at our residence.

IMG_3978.JPG

6. brookway17

brookway17 Silver

Happy fourth, Boom,Boom,Boom

7. brookway17

brookway17 Silver

I held a bag of ice on my bear torso for one hour this morning. My torso was nice and pink. Now I'm ready for the cold tub. I think I will try the procedure with a bag of ice on my chest.

8. drezy

drezy Gold

Dude I've only got a bare torso but if you've got a bear torso it's time for you to jump right in, maybe with some honeycomb and watch for jumping salmon! OK OK cheap shot...

Given the issues you started with, you've held up to the cold really well. CT should build your redox. All those little mitos are stuck in your cells and they want to make those cells last.

brookway17 likes this.
  9. brookway17

brookway17 Silver

LOL, after a while I just get tired of correcting my dicto errors, as long as it reads right. Going in my first cold tub tomorrow morning. I just rigged up a way to get my RO System to fill my bathtub. Will probably need to cool it down a bit with ice.

drezy likes this.
  10. drezy

drezy Gold

Get that hairy bear abdomen in the cold water. Nice rig! I can only say that I'm not wasting any money on a life insurance policy on you. I think you're going the long run and I hate losing money.

brookway17 likes this.
  11. brookway17

brookway17 Silver

I held a 20 pound bag of ice on my torso while I was submerged and 65°F water for 45 minutes. Then I shivered my ass off for a half hour. I wrap myself in rice warm robe and climbed under the covers to try to get warm, then I fell asleep for an hour. This evening, I might try to see how cold I can get the water with the remaining ice and just immerse. Maybe it will make me sleep good tonight. The steroid usually screw that up.

12. brookway17

brookway17 Silver

OTBW, thanks for the encouraging words.
    Going to try if I can increase the height of my overflow drain so I can get a deeper immersion in my tub. It took me over night to fill my tub from my RO System, and the water temperature was 70°F.

13. drezy

drezy Gold

LOL! Sometimes just knowing that someone is not taking odds against your longterm survival is better than a Hallmark card.

You can also try a graduated cooling approach too. Shower to get used to 70, get in the tub, and then add ice a pound or two at a time or so.

brookway17 likes this.
  14. brookway17

brookway17 Silver

I have no problem getting into the tub at 67°F. Then I'm going to lower the temperature actually like you recommended. I'll see how low I can go with the ice I have left over from this morning .
    I had a hard time with the gloves and socks when I did the ice on my chest this morning. It's hard to get in and get socks on and my gloves Getting soaked. The hat was no problem. I take it for the full immersion socks and gloves are not required?

drezy likes this.
  15. drezy

drezy Gold

I think it's all personal preference and cold/pain tolerance. I came to the same conclusion after one session like you did.

On a cool yet grotesque note, I once rushed from the cold tub to slicing veggies since I'm the chef of the house. I can say that I don't recommend rushing these two activities together. I ended up slicing one hell of a chunk out of my index finger knuckle (between the proximal and middle phalanx) and could see veins, but it didn't bleed. My son and I thought it was pretty cool. My wife didn't seem to have the same appreciation of the vivisection.

JanSz likes this.
  16. caroline

caroline Moderator

Do you guys find that colder C/T is easier?

17. drezy

drezy Gold

I did 46F once. I suspect that maybe there is a cold vs pain differentiation in guys. Cold isn't pleasant but it's not like getting stabbed or anything like that.

caroline likes this.
  18. caroline

caroline Moderator

if you go thru that huge C/T thread .....many found colder water easier to get into - I did.

brookway17 and drezy like this.
  19. brookway17

brookway17 Silver

I am just beginning, I only got down to 63 Fahrenheit yesterday because I ran out of ice. Will get two bags of ice for tonight. I will let you know as I proceed.

caroline likes this.
  20. brookway17

brookway17 Silver

Sunday is a bad day to try to get ice in the summer. They only had 7 pound bags so I bought four and I use all those in my bath but the starting temperature was 72°F. I was only able to get to about 61°F. I will try to get 2 20 pound bags tonight. I Calculated that the cost of ice for year could be about $2700. Sounds like I should buy a commercial ice machine. Plus going to pick up the ice is a real pain in the butt
    One question, is it better to get out and shiver naked or wrap myself up in a warm robe?

caroline likes this.