1. Registering for the Forum

We require a human profile pic upon registration on this forum.

After registration is submitted, you will receive a confirmation email, which should contain a link to confirm your intent to register for the forum. At this point, you will not yet be registered on the forum.

Our Support staff will manually approve your account within 24 hours, and you will get a notification. This is to prevent the many spam account signups which we receive on a daily basis.

If you have any problems completing this registration, please email support@jackkruse.com and we will assist you.

Pete's optimal journal

Discussion in 'My Optimal Journal' started by brookway17, Mar 4, 2017.

1. brookway17

brookway17 Silver

I brought my skin temperature to 55°F in about 15 minutes, how do I proceed to prevent it from getting too cold? I assume if I go another 15 min my skin temperature will be below 50°F ..

2. brookway17

brookway17 Silver

Yesterday morning character BAB I used what was the left Of the 20 pound ice bag from the day before, I stored in a cooler , I held it online torso for 1/2 hours, my skin temperature got down to 50°F and my torso was nice and pink.
    However, I am somewhat concerned because I lost 2 pounds. I was under the impression that CT would only remove fat, of which I do not have any. CT Is supposed to reset my lef is supposed to reset my leptin, said this allow me to gain muscle ?

Jan, I saw my doctor yesterday. The good news is that he will furnish me a prescription for drug testing that you recommended. He also suggested that I should take Amino acid's due to my low protein serum. What do you think? He also suggested that I should take T3 to lower my reverse T3. Any input is welcome

3. brookway17

brookway17 Silver

from CT easy start Guide
    What temperature is the water in your full body immersion with no ice?
    Why is this shorter durationthan the ice case ?

4. drezy

drezy Gold

My son finally finished the controller code for my tub and I'm integrating it. My tub will be between 10C and 14.4C (50 -58ish).

Not sure about the time limit. I assumed maybe a safety factor given a lone individual in a cold pond, but I'm not sure.

Last edited: Jun 30, 2017
  5. brookway17

brookway17 Silver

Sorry Drezy, I mis Dictated. Here is how it should've read.
    What temperature is the water in the full body immersion with no ice?
    I am confused about the two different Protocols. Why is the one with ice 45 minutes duration and the one with no ice only 20? I am trying to plan Ahead to when I get to this step. I am thanking about filling a tub with room temperature water, getting in, and then adding ice to lower the temperature to 55° . It's not clear to me why you have to hold a bag of ice on your torso while you're immersed in room temperature water .

6. drezy

drezy Gold

True confession time....
    In the beginning I just threw ice and my body into my tub. I had no major health issues.

With the issues that you have, cold adaption doesn't actually seem to be one of them.

I'm no Jack, but I vote for you to get into the ice without overthinking it. But I'm just a dude that grew up North of you in the deep woods of Wyoming County PA.

7. drezy

drezy Gold

Pete, you're literally dictating all of this with assistive technology?

8. JanSz

JanSz Gold

What holds you up, is possibly because you are thinking/assuming steady state, and same temperature throughout all water in the tub.
    Holding bag of ice close to your chest, is more about transient.
    As long as you hold bag of ice, and some ice is still solid, your chest will see temperatures that are lower than average water temperature.

Wonder how I would program that transient in Ansys 20+ years ago.

9. brookway17

brookway17 Silver

OK, thanks for explaining that. It seems like the " Cold tub with ice " is for adaption and the "no ice cold tub" is for maintenance. Depending on what time of the year you are using the lake or a pool the water temperature will vary from 70°F to 55°F. Is 70°F water cold enough for maintaining the cold adaption? Sorry to be overthinking this but I am an engineer.

10. brookway17

brookway17 Silver

Jan,still wondering if you think I should take amino acid to gain weight.

11. brookway17

brookway17 Silver

Drezy, I dictate everything on my iPad which is hooked up to ethernet and grounded so there should not be any EMF issues . I use my iPad outside with the color showing as warm as possible.
    Are you currently Cold adapted ? What do you do for maintenance?

drezy likes this.
  12. brookway17

brookway17 Silver

From The Cold Thermogenesis Protocol
    It also recommends that you eat a high-protein high-fat meal prior to cold adapting. I have added in more carbohydrates in the form of sweet potatoes and brown rice.( I gave up quinoa because of the saponins)
    I know and the leptin reset Rx dr. Jack said that thin people can eat unlimited carbs.
    I guess that I am a little bit confused because I think of omega6 and carbohydrates as synonymous

13. drezy

drezy Gold

I've always been fascinated with assistive technology.

I think I am cold adapted. 60 degree water feels warm now and it's almost disappointing because there is no thrill at that temperature.

Maintenance? What type?

With respect to cold I just continue to do 3-5 session a week at ~55F. Partly why I went all mega-project with my tub is because I know that after that amount of work, it'll be easier to keep it as a regular habit. For kicks I did one session around 45F just to see what would happen. All I noticed was that my lower back was sore for 48 hours afterwards.

Oddly, nowadays if I do the smallest workout my muscle mass increases fairly quickly while also quickly shedding body fat. I didn't see that coming. Seems like the body has a plan, but I'm not particularly a fan of much muscle so I keeping workouts few and far between (and outside of course).

If it ends up inevitable than I'll just start my career as poolboy to wealthy women outside all day scrubbing pools and serving cocktails to rich dames in shorts like Jan has on in his profile pic.

caroline likes this.
  14. brookway17

brookway17 Silver

Yesterday evening I filled my tub with cold water ,mostly to see how well I could immersed myself. I had no problem getting into the tub and immersing most of my body. I stayed in for about a half an hour but when I got out my balance was off more than normal and stayed off for several hours until I went to bed. The next morning I was fine. I know that I am jumping ahead in the protocol , but I just wanted to get a feel for immersion. Oddly I did the same thing at the beach A week ago and did not notice any problem with my balance when I got out of the water and walked across the uneven sand. I did not notice this balance issue when I held the ice bag on my chest for a half hour. Should I expect this is sort of thing as I cold adapt ?

15. JanSz

JanSz Gold

Just in case check with Ear Nose Throat doctor.
    Tell him about your balance.

16. drezy

drezy Gold

Worth keeping an eye on. When I get out I'm a little less flexible for 10 minutes if I hit the sun or 25 minutes if I don't.

My gait would likely appear to be off balance. I have balance it's just the muscles that don't quite want to respond as rapidly.

17. brookway17

brookway17 Silver

I think the clippers cause my balance issues not my ears. It might be my muscles because I didn't get them cold when I did the ice bags on my chest . I am going to the beach on Wednesday I will give it a try again, it will be Lowtide and I'll be able to lie down in the water.
    I have been thinking more about the two cold tub protocols.I know this was primarily written for people who are trying to lose fat. Maybe a cold tub with ice on your chest is for losing fat. It sounds like in either protocol your feet are not immersed since you have socks on .

18. drezy

drezy Gold

19. brookway17

brookway17 Silver

I hope that the CT has the same affect on me I really need to fill out.

I really love this high-tech stuff. I worked at the David Sarnoff research center for 16 years. I worked on RCA's early silicon solar cells in the late 70s. I have always been fascinated by graphene, Great thanks are based on carbon.

I was referring to CT maintenance after getting cold adapted. How many times a week what I need to take Cold baths?

20. brookway17

brookway17 Silver

Yesterday I was Able to hold a 20 pound ice bag on my torso for one hour with my compression shirt on. I did this out on my patio since it was the same temperature as inside my house. I lie on a wet towel so that I'm well grounded and the towel get wet anyway from all the melting ice. Of course I had to get up and P several times. Does CT make you P like a race horse ? I got my skin temperature to about 50°F and it was nice and pink. I noticed that when I took a cold shower shortly after that my torso didn't feel the cold water, The rest of Me did.
    So this morning I took the compression shirt off and they held the ice to my torso for half hour. Am I moving too fast? I've got my skin temperature to 50°F and my skin was nice and pink.

Jan, I am going to get my blood work done in the next week or so and I'm concerned that CT you may affect the results. I am going to try to get the whole list of tests that you gave me. Should I stop my progress with the CT until I get tested?

drezy likes this.