1. Registering for the Forum

We require a human profile pic upon registration on this forum.

After registration is submitted, you will receive a confirmation email, which should contain a link to confirm your intent to register for the forum. At this point, you will not yet be registered on the forum.

Our Support staff will manually approve your account within 24 hours, and you will get a notification. This is to prevent the many spam account signups which we receive on a daily basis.

If you have any problems completing this registration, please email support@jackkruse.com and we will assist you.

Pete's optimal journal

Discussion in 'My Optimal Journal' started by brookway17, Mar 4, 2017.

1. brookway17

brookway17 Silver

Prednisone is known to cause osteoporosis. And generals it tears down your whole body, muscles organs bones . I am always trying to build muscle steroids or destroy ing
    I have been exercising the same for over 2 1/2 years. I just recently added HIIT, and I am progressing nicely. This Only thing I really changed in that time period was the RO water .

2. brookway17

brookway17 Silver

I should add that I had food poisoning him a week before the blood test, I ate some bad clams( bad source, I will never go there again ) my G.I. tract is still recovering. Don't know if this has any impact on my labs.
    I have a prescription for testosterone cream from a compounding pharmacy. But I do not like losing my body capability of producing test tosterone itself. I favor on more natural approach like HIIT&HIST&ozone.
    I supplement with sublingual DHEA. My levels are actually high, which my doctor said was OK since I was on steroids.I will get the others 2 hormones tested

3. brookway17

brookway17 Silver

I did some more face dunks this morning . Water 40 F. After seven Donks I finally got my skin temperature to 54°F. Can't really tell if my skin got pink sense I am a little sunburned
    Am I ready to proceed to the compression shirt? And I take it that I should go through the various procedures in a timely fashion.

4. drezy

drezy Gold

Looks like that can kick your kidney right in the nuts, if kidney's had nuts... http://www.medic8.com/healthguide/food-poisoning/kidney-failure.html

Cool, I was starting to wonder if your wherefrom Krypton and was getting ready to advise you test for kryptonite.

Whatever anyone tells you in answer to this question you do have to tune into the doc in your own head.

Tests aside for right now, in general you knowing how you feel on average, how do you feel these days?

I noticed that people with clippers can have relapses. Is it know what brings a relapse (other than cutting the steroids)? I found no mention of cold bringing on relapses specifically, but that's only so informative.

5. JanSz

JanSz Gold

Yes, it would help if you could do without prednisone.
    I was able to restore my cortisol with use of
    pregnenlone Micrinized Lipod Matrix 150mg tabs from Nutricology.

Carefull with DHEA.
    If too much may raise your
    estradiol
    estrone

6. brookway17

brookway17 Silver

Drezy, I feel fine now. I was a little bit slow down several days after the food poisoning. But now my energy levels have returned to my new normal since I got my Circadian clocks aligne ed.
    Yes, they talk about clippers being a Relapsing AI condition. In my case, if I don't suppress my immune system the symptoms gradually get worse. Clippers is so rare. & New that there isn't really much information available. Since CT is supposed to lower inflammation I don't think it would cause a relapse

7. brookway17

brookway17 Silver

Jan, I would love to get off the prednisone, but I have been unsuccessful so far. Really, I would love to get off of this immunosuppressive drugs, I was hoping CT could do this for me.
    My DHEA was only marginally high,

8. brookway17

brookway17 Silver

I will get my estrone & estradiol checked
    My doctors tells me that the prednisones, even at low dose of 5 mg, stops me from producing my own cortisol .

9. brookway17

brookway17 Silver

Jan, I noticed on one of yours blood work orders . That you used to live in North Jersey, I grew up in Bergen County

10. brookway17

brookway17 Silver

drezy, I stumble across one of your posts about building a water chiller. I have been thinking along the same lines. I remember where are used to work we had units from Neslab,$$$, looking for a cheaper alternative . I'd like to build stuff so this may be a good project for me

11. JanSz

JanSz Gold

You are using prednisone because you have clippers.
    What is your daily dose of prednisone?

If your daily prednisone dose is within 7.5*4=30mg
    I think you may have a good chance converting to pregnolone-MLM

=============
    My one source:

Basic daily dose used for people complaining of adrenal fatigue.
    or
    assume removed or non-functional adrenal glands
    (can be increased by 2-3x in time of stress)

cortisone acetate 37 1/2 (weak, not recommended)
    hydrocortisone 30 mg
    cortef 30 mg
    prednisone 7 1/2 mg
    prednisolone 7 1/2 mg
    triamcinolone 6 mg
    methylprednisolone 6 mg
    **dexamethasone 1 mg
    betamethasone 0.8 mg

==================================

DHEAs high
    it is not about DHEAs or DHEA
    measure your
    estradiol (20-40 pg/mL) ---->LabCorp--->(estradiol,sensitive)
    Estradiol, Sensitive Test Number: 140244 CPT Code: 82670
    and
    estrone (mid laboratory range)
    if they are over it may be due to too much DHEAs or DHEA
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------
    I am saying DHEAs
    you are replying DHEA
    which one was actually measured?

note
    DHEAs = steady, measurements are reliable
    DHEA = variable, measurements are not reliable

/////////////

Last edited: Jun 25, 2017
  12. JanSz

JanSz Gold

I worked little bit in Oradel (Burns and Roe)
    Kinderkamack Rd

13. JanSz

JanSz Gold

That 5mg is that your daily prednisone dose or it is example only?
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------
    prednisone yes, (likely) stops you from making your own cortisol

but if you could use pregnenolone you could then make your own natural cortisol.

I am saying that, but I do not know if clippers would not interfere in native cortisol production.

Reminder;
    When I started my pregnenolone-MLM hack
    I was dosing according to what I saw on my cortisol(7:30AM) test.
    I was aiming at
    cortisol(7:30AM)=20
    I ended up using
    900mg/day for long time

That is rather large dose, cost cash.

14. drezy

drezy Gold

I'm glad to hear that you're getting back on your feet.

Chronic lymphocytic inflammation with pontine perivascular enhancement responsive to steroids...
    I read that as "Uhh it's a lymphatic thing it's all complicated and all we know is that steroids usually work, don't read that one study where it didn't"

Obviously, I am not a doctor.

This one is higher power than mine and $45 .
    https://philadelphia.craigslist.org/app/6190251755.html

https://philadelphia.craigslist.org/search/sss?query=dehumidifier&sort=rel

My temp went up to 102F the day before yesterday. My tank heat gain(cld loss) was only like an 1/12 of a degree "faster" so I'm pretty happy with the setup and it's ability to chill and maintain cold at a low low temperature.

Not yet covered is grounding once it's in it's final location. It's final resting hole is 1' down and I have a 4' rod that's starting there and going an effective 5' deep.

If you decide to go down this path hit meep for any support or "what I should have done"s.

Last edited: Jun 25, 2017
  15. brookway17

brookway17 Silver

Jan, I am currently taking 30 mg of prednisone per day. I'll bow or year ago I had gotten down to 5 mg but my doctor suggested I try to get off the steroids because there was causing low test testerone. I am hoping to taper down to 20 mg soon.
    My lab report list it as DHEA sulfate,serum.

OBTW, I grew up in Demarest, used to go over to Oradell to see fireworks when I was a kid. I take it that you're in engineer, so am I

16. JanSz

JanSz Gold

DHEA sulfate,serum=DHEAs
    -------------------------------------------
    I am currently taking 30 mg of prednisone per day.

That looks to me as still normal dose on high side.
    Unless you adrenals have some problems,
    you look to me as a candidate for pregnenolone-MLM use.
    But you would have to test your cortisol(7:30AM) to stay out of trouble.
    And have at least 2 months supply reserve (for now assume that you would need the 900mg/day that I was using), but you must figure out your own dose, and be aware that you needs may change suddenly (likely to less than the 900 which was my max).
    I assume,
    that if you would succeed in raising your cortisol(7:30AM) (even to say 16 ug/dL)
    you should be in better shape than using prednisone.

Yes, engineer.
    Masters in 1962 in Poland.
    Today I am 20years and one month retired.

17. brookway17

brookway17 Silver

This morning I put 20 pounds of ice on my compression shirted torso for 15 minutes. I got my skin temperature down to 55°F. I had to get up to take a P in the middle due to all the ice water I drank before I started . Steroids make you P a lot. My belly was nice and pink. Should I only add five minutes every day? Or can I use a steeper gradient ?
    I am looking at getting an ice machine because I don't have any room left in my freezer for a 20 pound bag of rice. I will need to calculate how much ice I will need to coll down my ice bath from room temperature. How cold do I need to get the water in the bath?

18. brookway17

brookway17 Silver

Jan, The last time I had my DHEA S measure it was 408 I have cut my dosage in half

19. brookway17

brookway17 Silver

I did this this morning on my patio. It was about 65°F is this OK or should I really try to do it inside. I like to be outside and I can also ground and get light in my eyes

20. drezy

drezy Gold

Wow you're just moving along and outside now too. I'll try to hit the easier question first from my perspective.

I worked down to 54ish. My son nailed 58 on the first try. My wife needed to start at 64 and ease down 2 degrees at a time to 54ish. She still prefers 58-60.

I live 20000 gallons of Texas aboveground rainwater tanks. My water's temperature is ridiculous because of that, which is why I engineered my Franken-cooler. At 83F water temp it take 30-40 lbs to cool my water down to 55ish.

Use this calculator for a rough guide. http://www.onlineconversion.com/mixing_water.htm.

Assuming your tub contains ~35gal ( 132489 grams ) and your water temp is 70F. @20 Lbs ice should get you near 56 ish. Stirring will speed the cooling. Room/air temp doesn't factor in quite as much for initial cooling.

You're going to unrinate like a racehorse before the derby. That's good. Don't stop the water.

For the other questions you kind of have to engage the doc in your own head and remain attentive to your own body. There's no penalty for going slow, although jumping in feet first is thrilling.