1. Registering for the Forum

We require a human profile pic upon registration on this forum.

After registration is submitted, you will receive a confirmation email, which should contain a link to confirm your intent to register for the forum. At this point, you will not yet be registered on the forum.

Our Support staff will manually approve your account within 24 hours, and you will get a notification. This is to prevent the many spam account signups which we receive on a daily basis.

If you have any problems completing this registration, please email support@jackkruse.com and we will assist you.

Pete's optimal journal

Discussion in 'My Optimal Journal' started by brookway17, Mar 4, 2017.

1. brookway17

brookway17 Silver

I did more face dunks this morning. I had to lower the water temperature to 42 degrees. I was still unable to lower my skin temperature lower than 58°. I did about five dunks, holding breath as long as possible. the water temperature wasn't a problem just the breathing.
    How long do I need to do Face dunks for ?
    I took several cold showers , not sure how cold the water was Its summertime. How long should the showers be?

ScottishEmma likes this.
  2. brookway17

brookway17 Silver

I was also wondering whether I need to use better melon if I'm not trying to lose fat.
    I would really like to be able to gain some weight I'm too skinny. I understand that the CT should reset my leptin . Will this help with my weight problem .

3. drezy

drezy Gold

Sounds like you might be more thermogenic than you thought upfront. No cold urticaria?

4. brookway17

brookway17 Silver

Does this mean that it's going to be harder for me to Cold adapt?

5. drezy

drezy Gold

No cold urticaria = good in my understanding.

Given your initial CT concerns I think you're doing really well.

6. brookway17

brookway17 Silver

No cold urticaria

I was referring to being more thermogenic, is that a good thing?

7. drezy

drezy Gold

Sure. I meant it in a encouraging way.

It's encouraging to me to see people older than me initiating changes like this. Change isn't always easy.

If your parents ever told you that you have to serve as an example to the younger kids they were right and still are.

8. brookway17

brookway17 Silver

BLOOD WORK LAST W 201706-1.png 201706-3.png 201706-1.png 201706-2.png 201706-1.png 201706-3.png 201706-1.png K

9. brookway17

brookway17 Silver

Sorry for the duplication of results something went wrong when I uploaded the files.
    My bun was high , My doctor claims it because I am dehydrated. It was high three months ago right after I started drinking RO water. I have a been adding Himalayan sea salt for about a week before I had a blood test. I don't know how long it takes to get rehydrated. I have also heard that it is difficult to re-mineralize RO water. Any help with this issue would be greatly appreciated .
    My T3's look bad and my low protein serum disturbs me

10. drezy

drezy Gold

There's rehydrated and then there's rehydrated. @JanSz has notes on this difference maybe.

How and when are you getting sun?

11. JanSz

JanSz Gold

You have cut out right side of test results page, laboratory ranges are missing.

Testosterone, free and total is not shown completely.

but I see that
    Total Testosterone is low 363ng/dL

Work on posting the rest of labs.
    But
    testosterone and T3 are low.

I use Androgel 1.62% to raise mine.

//////////////

12. JanSz

JanSz Gold

Hydration
    or
    BUN/Creatinine ratio
    have nothing to do with the amount of water you are drinking.
    It is about amount of water (the EZ type, H2O3) that your mitochondria is able to make.

Your kidneys are not in the best shape.
    eGFR in non African American =58 low

I am not sure what that means for drinking water.
    I suspect that drinking huge amounts of water may not be the best think for your kidneys.
    Good idea to get better opinion on that.

13. brookway17

brookway17 Silver

Historically my bun has been in the 14 to 16 range and my creatine is usually one. That was before I began drinking the reverse osmosis water. I am now grinding the Himalayan sea salt to a fine consistency and letting it sit in the water for a day. I hope this helps re-mineralize it.
    My testosterone was actually in range although on the low-end. I will repost the labS
    It looks like I'm leptin resistant.
    My HSCRP WAS 0.88 in April , I do not understand what has changed. I am still maintaining a low inflammation diet.
    My efgr was 70 back in April.

14. brookway17

brookway17 Silver

Drezy,
    I get out in the sun as much as possible. I cut my lawn with my shirt off the other day. I went to the beach and laid in the low tide surf for about half an hour, 15 minutes aside. I got a little burned at the beach. If the sun cooperate I usually lay out on my patio, I'm up to about 17 minutes per side.

15. JanSz

JanSz Gold

I think the "leptin resistance" have already been translated by Jack and it is:
    "problem with mitochondria" or "enlarged mitochondria" or XYZ
    result being that there is not enough of EZ water (I think) in the cell water.
    (motochondria always produce EZ and there is newer any bulk water there.
    It looks like cells may be big enough to have some bulk water in them.

//////////////////
    eGFR in non African American =58 low
    ----------------------
    Carnitine consumption
    or
    heavy exercise may cause muscle cell destruction
    or
    Amyotrophic lateral sclerosis (ALS)--> muscle destruction
    or
    statins consumption may cause Rhabdomyolysis (muscle damage)
    Rhabdomyolysis can sometimes result in fatal kidney damage

Does any of above rings any bells?

//

16. brookway17

brookway17 Silver

I do not take Carnitine. I have been doing high intensity strength training three days a week for the last two years. I guess I should stop. I started doing that to help with my steroid induced osteoporosis. My neurologists always test my muscle strength and he says that I am fine.
    I guess my dehydration is a efecting my mitocondria

17. JanSz

JanSz Gold

Testosterone at low end is a bad news.
    Natural Total Testosterone should be about 600-700ng/dl(348-1197)

Ask your doc to give you script for
    Androgel 1.62%
    4 pumps/day

At first start with 2 pumps/day morning
    two months latter get tested
    the day of testing take your Androgel 1.62% AFTER blood was drawn.
    Adjust your dosing so you would newer get more than about 1500ng/dl on tests.

It is good idea to also test at the same time:
    DHEAs
    Estradiol
    Estrone

//
    Doctor may insist on testing month after starting Androgel.
    Well, you would have to oblige if he asks, but that will extend your adjustment period.
    Reason for 2 months:
    Using external testosterone will suppress your LH & FSH and therefore testicular production.
    This process takes time, you body needs to adjust to that.

Additionally, unless you also use HCG injections, you will loose most or all of your scrotum and testicles.
    To save on appearances, HCG injections are used. Using HCG is optional and is often hard to get script from doctor for HCG.
    That can be discussed further.

Last edited: Jun 24, 2017
  18. JanSz

JanSz Gold

steroid induced osteoporosis
    -----
    What is that, details, names of steroids, .....

I do not think stopping exercises is good idea, slowing intensity maybe.

But you said:
    "My efgr was 70 back in April."
    have you started exercising after April?

/

19. drezy

drezy Gold

Thanks for covering that Jan. That took me a while to grasp.

Or other changes...

20. JanSz

JanSz Gold

I said:
    have nothing to do with the amount of water you are drinking.
    It is about amount of water (the EZ type, H2O3) that your mitochondria is able to make.

I could use some simplified description.
    I am posting my understanding hoping for corrections if i get out of line too much.
    -----

I am not sure of how much I understand of what Jack was attempting to tell me.
    but:
    optimal mitochondria have certain size
    less than optimal mitochondria expands and makes less EZ
    That is a one problem.
    The other problem is in cytosol.

I think instead of being made of EZ only or mostly
    the amount of bulk water increases (in less than optimal condition)
    ---------------------------------------------
    The cytosol or cytoplasmic matrix is the liquid found inside cells. It constitutes most of the intracellular fluid (ICF).
    The cytosol is a complex mixture of substances dissolved in water. Although water forms the large majority of the cytosol, its structure and properties within cells is not well understood.
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cytosol