1. Registering for the Forum

We require a human profile pic upon registration on this forum.

After registration is submitted, you will receive a confirmation email, which should contain a link to confirm your intent to register for the forum. At this point, you will not yet be registered on the forum.

Our Support staff will manually approve your account within 24 hours, and you will get a notification. This is to prevent the many spam account signups which we receive on a daily basis.

If you have any problems completing this registration, please email support@jackkruse.com and we will assist you.

Pete's optimal journal

Discussion in 'My Optimal Journal' started by brookway17, Mar 4, 2017.

1. JanSz

JanSz Gold

I am covered by Medicare.
    You are covered by Medicare.
    The script below went thru in February 2017, without a problem.
    The numbers at the bottom are the ICD-10 codes that I use.
    They should be ok for you. (Assuming that your doc cooperates).
    You can either copy/print the picture or copy/paste text below into excel spreadsheet.
    Before you attempt to copy,
    put my post in response mode, that will get you large part of formatting that you may need.
    Then work out the rest of formatting looking at the picture.
    When you print leave very small margin on top
    so in doctor's office they can xerox in the prescription header
    so the final product looks like in my first picture.
    At the LabCorp be 30-45 min before they open.
    Mine open at 7:00AM
    Be fasted for 12 hrs
    Drink 12-16oz water at 6AM
    For a week do not eat any fats that you usually do not eat.
    This script calls for second blood draw at noon.
    That is for cortisol, also it is opportunity for phlebotomist to get your blood again if he/she had any mishap processing your morning blood.
    ================================================

upload_2017-6-14_10-9-53.png

=======================================================

1 ------- Pregnenolone, Mass Spectrometry--Test Number: 140707 CPT Code: 84140
    2 ------- Progesterone--Test Number: 004317 CPT Code: 84144
    3 ------- Cortisol, AM & PM Test Number: 104000 CPT Code: 82533 (7;30AM and noon)
    4 ------- Dehydroepiandrosterone (DHEA) Sulfate--Test Number: 004020 CPT Code: 82627
    5 ------- Testosterone, Total, Serum Test Number: 004226 CPT Code: 84403
    6 ------- Testosterone, Free and Weakly Bound--Test Number: 143255 CPT Code: 84402; 84403
    7 ------- SHBG
    8 ------- Estrogens, Total; Test Number: 004549 CPT Code: 82672
    9 ------- Estradiol, Sensitive Test Number: 140244 CPT Code: 82670
    10 ------- Estrone, Serum Test Number: 004564 CPT Code: 82679
    11 ------- Metabolic Panel (14), Comprehensive Test Number: 322000 CPT Code: 80053
    12 ------- Complete Blood Count (CBC) With Differential Test Number: 005009 CPT Code: 85025
    13 ------- NMR LipoProfile® With Insulin Resistance Markers (With Graph)
    Test Number: 123638 CPT: 80061; 83704
    14 ------- Thyroid-stimulating Hormone (TSH)- Test Number: 004259 CPT Code: 84443
    15 ------- Thyroxine (T4)- Test Number: 001149 CPT Code: 84436
    16 ------- Thyroxine (T4), Free, Direct, Serum-Test Number: 001974 CPT Code: 84439
    17 ------- Triiodothyronine (T3)- Test Number: 002188 CPT Code: 84480
    18 ------- Triiodothyronine (T3), Free, Serum- Test Number: 010389 CPT Code: 84481
    19 ------- Reverse T3-Test Number: 070104 CPT Code: 84482
    20 ------- Prolactin Test Number: 004465 CPT Code: 84146
    21 ------- Fatty Acid Profile, Comprehensive (C8-C26), Serum
    22 ------- IGF-1
    23 ------- IGFBP3
    24 ------- Insulin, Free and Total, Serum Test Number: 140350 CPT Code: 83525; 83527
    25 ------- Hemoglobin (Hb) A1c With GlycoMark® Reflex Test Number: 503205 CPT Code: 83036; 84378
    26 ------- Homocysteine, Plasma Test Number: 706994 CPT: 83090
    27 ------- Vitamin D, 25-Hydroxy Test Number: 081950 CPT: 82306
    28 ------- C-Reactive Protein (CRP), High Sensitivity (Cardiac Risk Assessment) Test Number: 120766 CPT Code: 86141
    ------- ------- ------- ------- ------- ------- ------- ------- ------- -------
    E03.9 E11.9 E27.40 R63.8 E29.1 E78.4 N41.9 R42
    R35.0 E23.0 E27.8 E05.90 E55.9 E78.0 R53.82
    E72.11 R79.82

2. brookway17

brookway17 Silver

Thanks for the encouragement Caroline. I have started the Face dunks at 40°F , so far so good. I am reading the CT blog series on the beach next week.

caroline likes this.
  3. brookway17

brookway17 Silver

Thanks Jan for the information. I went to get some of my blood tested this morning. I had a late appointment so I wasn't able to fast. But I did find out that the fatty acids profile was covered by Medicare. My doctor used the ICD 10 code 78.0. I am going for my test fasted next week at 7 AM. Thanks for the advice on the preparation. I am normally eat a lot of fat. I have an appointment with my doctor the end of this month, so I will discuss the other tests with him

4. JanSz

JanSz Gold

[​IMG] 2017 ICD-10-CM Diagnosis Code E78.0 [​IMG] [​IMG]
    Pure hypercholesterolemia

5. brookway17

brookway17 Silver

In the ICD DATA BASE that I was looking in E78 was listed as "Disorders of lipoprotein metabolism and other lipidemias

6. brookway17

brookway17 Silver

Sorry my iPad is giving me a hard time.
    All I know is that the people at LabCorp told me that Medicare would cover that test . It is an $800 test

7. JanSz

JanSz Gold

Let me know how it goes.

8. JanSz

JanSz Gold

https://forum.jackkruse.com/index.php?threads/cortef-ok-during-leptin-reset.18043/#post-216063
    https://www.drugs.com/pro/imuran.html

Imuran is indicated as an adjunct for the prevention of rejection in
    renal homotransplantation.
    It is also indicated for the management of active rheumatoid arthritis to reduce signs and symptoms.

Homotransplantation definition - the term that describes taking an organ from one person and giving it to another person

-----------------------------

Why are you using Imuran?

9. brookway17

brookway17 Silver

Imuran is considered a steroid sparing medication. Imuran is currently the preferred treatment for the neurological autoimmune condition I suffer from, CLIPPERS (Chronic Lymphocytic Inflammation with Pontine Perivascular Enhancement Responsive to Steroids) this is an extremely rare disease . Basically my immune system is attacking my lower brainstem which is responsible for all control of motor functions in the body. Imuran suppresses the production of T cells in my bone marrow.
    I was hoping that CT could lower my information and possibly get me off of the steroids.

10. brookway17

brookway17 Silver

Jan, concerning the fatty acids profile, do I have to still be fasted for that second blood draw at noon?

11. JanSz

JanSz Gold

No.

12. JanSz

JanSz Gold

https://rarediseases.info.nih.gov/d...rivascular-enhancement-responsive-to-steroids

Summary

Chronic lymphocytic inflammation with pontine perivascular enhancement responsive to steroids (CLIPPERS) is an inflammatory disease of the central nervous system. The main symptoms of CLIPPERS include double vision, nystagmus, uncoordinated movement (ataxia) and facial numbness or tingling. This condition can be treated by suppressing the immune system with steroids.
    Last updated: 5/4/2012
    Treatment

The signs and symptoms of CLIPPERS typically improve after treatment with steroids. Initial treatment may involve a short course of high dose steroids given intravenously, and then oral steroids. Many patients experience a relapse when steroids are tapered off, so it is usually necessary to continue treatment that suppresses the immune system. Long term treatment may include a low dose of oral steroids and another type of immune suppressant, such as methotrexate or rituximab. Because there have been very few patients with CLIPPERS reported in medical journals, the best course of treatment has not yet been determined.[1]
    Last updated: 4/11/2014
    /////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////
    /////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////
    Steroids
    Also called: Corticosteroids, Glucocorticoids
    ===========================================
    http://www.rxlist.com/imuran-drug.htm
    IMURAN
    (azathioprine) 50-mg Scored Tablets
    WARNING
    MALIGNANCY

Chronic immunosuppression with IMURAN, a purine antimetabolite increases risk of malignancy in humans.
    =============================================
    https://medlineplus.gov/druginfo/meds/a682019.html
    Methotrexate may cause very serious, life-threatening side effects. You should only take methotrexate to treat cancer or certain other conditions that are very severe and that cannot be treated with other medications.
    =============================================
    https://medlineplus.gov/druginfo/meds/a607038.html
    Rituximab Injection

==============================================

13. JanSz

JanSz Gold

information----> you meant inflammation I guess
    ====================================
    When we talk high inflammation, to remedy what come to my mind is:
    lots of sunlight

keeping homocysteine below 6-8umol/L

Having balance of omega3 and omega6 fatty acids
    (Omega6 promotes inflammation
    Omega3 suppresses inflammation)

Zynflamend
    herbal COX2 inhibitor
    reduces inflammation, purchased on amazon.com

and a wheel from Spectracell Micronutrient analysis
    (To know status of this items one must do
    Spectracell Micronutrient Analysis)

https://forum.jackkruse.com/index.php?threads/pg-e2-ratio.6427/page-5#post-210075
    upload_2017-6-16_19-16-35.png

drezy likes this.
  14. drezy

drezy Gold

@brookway17
    May I be so bold to suggest that maybe most of your time right now should be in fasting state? @JanSz and others will railroad me if I'm way off base right now and I will gladly accept being railroaded if I'm wrong. I see fasting and CT as a system reset.

If my own life depended on you getting healthier I'd drop you into a tank of ice water on some far south mesa with only oysters as your food source.

I have an old friend from Bucks county and you remind me of him. Last I checked he's in an ice tub 3 times a week based on my results and his will to live. He's the most viciously alive man I've ever met.

I'm locked on to your thread now. Jan will help you with analytics. I will enforce the basics from this site. Have no doubt that we both (Jan and I) , from different angles, want you to succeed and believe that you can surmount this. Take a long deep breath and know this.

Last edited: Jun 16, 2017
    caroline likes this.
  15. brookway17

brookway17 Silver

Drezy, thank you for your concern and advice. I have a hard time maintaining my wt, so I am not sure if fasting is in the cards for me. I am currently pursuing CT, just face dunks so far. I try to get as much the sunlight as
    The weather permits and my fair skin can tolerate. I would really like to get off all these drugs.

drezy likes this.
  16. drezy

drezy Gold

Got it based on this^^^ make sure you get the IR-A in the early morning sun pre UV to prep you for later UV.

Brent Patrick likes this.
  17. brookway17

brookway17 Silver

Thanks for the I R – A tip. I just hope there's time comes out tomorrow !

18. brookway17

brookway17 Silver

Jan, sorry for the dicto, I cannot type .
    I will try the zynflamend. I have been trying to get curcumin to Laurel my inflammation for the past eight months to no avail. I'll give this a try.
    I have had many of the micro nutrients in Spectracell weel checked in the past at various times. But some of them not. I assume that this test is not covered by Medicare. In that case I will need to save up for this one.

19. JanSz

JanSz Gold

Bucks county Pennsylvania near Philadelphia

I am from Poland.
    I buried my Mom at
    http://czestochowa.us/
    http://czestochowa.us/content/view/13/127/
    654 Ferry Road
    Doylestown, PA 18901, USA

So I visit her grave from time to time.
    -----------------------------------------------
    You can order Spectracell Micronutrient Analysis by computer.
    It cost $390

Spectracell results are functional.
    They are derived for individual person tested.
    Similar tests at say LabCorp or similar labs have lab ranges that are based on population averages.
    /

20. brookway17

brookway17 Silver

I live in Newtown, it is close to Doylestown. Next time you come out to visit your mother's grave stop by and say hello I would love to meet you.
    I am curious, how long do I need to do the Zyflamend to see results?
    I found a lab that can do the blood draw for the spectracell test,it's right next to the farmers market I go to every Saturday.

JanSz likes this.