1. Registering for the Forum

We require a human profile pic upon registration on this forum.

After registration is submitted, you will receive a confirmation email, which should contain a link to confirm your intent to register for the forum. At this point, you will not yet be registered on the forum.

Our Support staff will manually approve your account within 24 hours, and you will get a notification. This is to prevent the many spam account signups which we receive on a daily basis.

If you have any problems completing this registration, please email support@jackkruse.com and we will assist you.

Pete's optimal journal

Discussion in 'My Optimal Journal' started by brookway17, Mar 4, 2017.

1. Penny

Penny New Member

all grains are a fail - if you have a low redox - because they absorb glyphosates from the soil and flouride - especially rice and green tea for the flouride - soak your tea, throw out the water, then reuse the tea bag - like they do in the Japanese tea ceremonies - sop it up with red cabbage - it gets rid of excess estrogen, is a natural antibiotic and provides fiber for your gut flora -
  2. Penny

Penny New Member

God, I tried to make dashi with dried bonito - yuck - I've recently figured out I need to start eating shrimp shells - the chitosan in a pill doesn't contain the same stuff after it is sanitized - so I found some recipes on epicuriuous - you just boil up the shrimp shells, turn off the heat and you have a very hydrating broth... they actually made shrimp shell chips by breading them in flour and frying them, but I think you could treat them like those kale chips and get the same benefits - or else dry them out, and blast them in a blender - how do you guys get down shrimp shells?
  3. Penny

Penny New Member

Are you looking at sunrises? This is where T3 is actually made:) And a whole raft of other things - F. Hollwich did some amazing work on this -
  4. brookway17

brookway17 New Member

On fortunately there are not any good Asian markets near to me.
    Is buckwheat acceptable?
  5. brookway17

brookway17 New Member

I watch the sunrise every morning religiously, and I'm not even religious. Unfortunately the sun doesn't always appear. We have had a lot of clouds in the morning lately. Whenever it manages to show itself I sit in the sun for a half hour each side.
  6. brookway17

brookway17 New Member

I eat red cabbage every morning in my cultured vegetables. Never thought about using it to sop up fat. I don't think I want to pour hot oil onto my culture vegetables for fear of killing the bacteria. I would have to make a separate bacth
  7. brookway17

brookway17 New Member

Is this true or organic buckwheat? Doesn't sprouting remove some of this?
  8. brookway17

brookway17 New Member

CT update : same procedure as before. Did not sleep as well. Taking Saturday night off. My wife is getting jealous of the ice!
  9. drezy

drezy Gold

Pm me if you want my unfiltered (yeah I actually filter myself and still piss people off) take on your wife feeling jealous and how I think it's a good sign. Rest assured that your marriage, like mine is a priority.

Look, I'm only partway into this, but the main question that lingers in my head about you is "what the hell is causing the viral shedding?"
  10. brookway17

brookway17 New Member

Why do you think I am shedding viruses ?
  11. brookway17

brookway17 New Member

Jan, could it be possible that these findings are for warm adapted humans?
  12. JanSz

JanSz Silver

I know only that
    neolitic diseases presents with high DHA
    is a fact.

Why that happens I have no clue.
    But personally
    if I can help it
    I want to have everything at just the right levels.

13. brookway17

brookway17 New Member

CT update : same procedure as before. Combined leftover bags of ice. Slept a little better

I have a question maybe somebody can help me with.
    I have been reading in the blogs that it is not recommended to use coconut oil while you were trying to cold adapt. But I read many comments where it seems to be people are using coconut oil. Which is it. I realize that coconut Oil is primarily omega six.
  14. drezy

drezy Gold

The easiest framework to set up in your head is to ask:
    "In the environment I'm in would one naturally be eating this?"

Your tub, though artificial, = sitting in cold water/winter signaling
    So

In cold water/winter were humans enjoying coconuts? No

Jack's said that in winter(around sept/oct) he switches to lard/animal fat/duck fat

In cold water/winter were humans enjoying fattened animals? Sure

It's not a "my paleo is bigger than your paleo" contest either. The food you eat is information.
    brookway17 likes this.
  15. JanSz

JanSz Silver

That must have been 1940 or 1941, war time in my place.
    Germans ran over us, went east. Easy time for them.
    My dad was still working (far away), mom home with me.
    Dad brought home a geese as a payment for his work, explained how and with what to (force) feed it, so it would get fat quickly, then went out for another week of work.
    Mom killed that geese by overfeeding it.
    drezy likes this.
  16. drezy

drezy Gold

One time one of my Nintendo game cartridges suddenly didn't work. At the time it pretty much felt like Hitler was behind that too so I feel your pain Jan...
  17. brookway17

brookway17 New Member

Got new 20 pound bag of ice last night, same procedure as before, slept better.
  18. brookway17

brookway17 New Member

There are some gremlins in this forum. My post don't always go through. Post above shouldn't of posted Tuesday.

Got new 20 pound bag of ice last night, same procedure as before, slept much better.
    I have been playing around with body voltage measurements. I was measuring about 3v inside my Faraday cage bed. I attached a ground to the cage and the voltage dropped by and order of magnitude. Well ,certainly in this instance grounding was important. I think this is why I slept better last night.
  19. brookway17

brookway17 New Member

Did not CT last night. Did not sleep as well. Will see how I sleep tonight after my ice
  20. brookway17

brookway17 New Member

Combined left over ice bags and used the same procedure as before. Slept a little better. Starting to feel a little bit of warmth in my chest when I sleep. I hope this is a good sign that I am adapting