1. Registering for the Forum

We require a human profile pic upon registration on this forum.

After registration is submitted, you will receive a confirmation email, which should contain a link to confirm your intent to register for the forum. At this point, you will not yet be registered on the forum.

Our Support staff will manually approve your account within 24 hours, and you will get a notification. This is to prevent the many spam account signups which we receive on a daily basis.

If you have any problems completing this registration, please email support@jackkruse.com and we will assist you.

Personal Care products that fit the optimal (non hormonedisrupting chemicals) bill.

Discussion in 'The New Monster Thread' started by jeanie@truelongmont.com, May 15, 2012.

1. Shijin13

Shijin13 Guest

I got nothing for that... I still get it on my head/scalp... I think mine is related to the fact that I'm a testosterone producer, and my Pg:E2 ratio is in the toilet...not even in the lower quartile of the reference range... but working on that....

I figure once that's fixed... I shouldn't have it as often... beyond that... I don't have any tips on it... other than eat clean...

2. CarolMorris

CarolMorris New Member

We converted our pool from salt to copper silver ionizer 3 years ago and it's been great. we live in the palm springs area where summer temps can get 115-120. It's only then that my husband has to add something for algae. we are on a golf course so we get a lot of airborne vegitation.

I feel so much better not soaking in chlorine!

3. CarolMorris

CarolMorris New Member

5* from me too! I'm rooting for you to get into whole foods and sprouts(our closest wf is over 100 mi away)

4. CarolMorris

CarolMorris New Member

do you have any problem with shine? i loved the way my hair felt, but it had absolutely not shine.

5. Shijin13

Shijin13 Guest

I've been using it for close to 2yrs... my hair is very shiny - I always put a little dab of it right before I get out and run a small amt of water through - when I'm not in the pool on a daily basis - I wash my hair ever 2-3days no issues.

Use it w/dd - and only wash her hair 1x/week, if we're not in the pool... her hair is so beautiful

6. N~Doro

N~Doro Silver

Maybe it's the hydrolyzed wheat protein in WEN.

7. Shijin13

Shijin13 Guest

Nope... completely tied to my hormones.... they only show up during certain points in my cycle...

8. CarolMorris

CarolMorris New Member

I've been using the sweet almond mint, which one are you using?

9. Shijin13

Shijin13 Guest

I started w/the Lavender - then moved over to the almond mint... the kids like that one better... I get the 32oz bottle every 4mths or so... I use it to shave - way better than just using the tropical traditions co soap. I'm very sensitive to most cosmetic products - I usually can't use them for more than 1-2mths w/o issues... I've had no issues w/this for my hair or reactions w/my skin - I usually know instantly! I've got such baby fine hair that if I don't use something I end up w/a rats nest - it tangles and gets super knotty. I've tried the clay based no-poo stuff w/o success, I've even tried the ACV rinse - no such luck so this is my happy medium

10. Shijin13

Shijin13 Guest

ok...so I needed to make some of Cavemam's moisturizer - and this time around I added about a TBS of 100% shea to the mixture... OMG Effing amazing...

waiting on some beeswax pellets - so I can make moisturizer bars that won't melt in the heat/humidity. making these for xmas presents. I figure I'll make bars sans sent, with lavender, and maybe one other essential oil. what's cool is were doing a made in America xmas - so that's a win... what's great is that there will only natural ingredients - my mom can't use a lot of stuff... but she'll be able to use this stuff...

it also makes amazing lipbalm too!

11. Keep me posted on the beeswax, I've been looking for a way to keep it all mixed nicely while it re-solidifies. . .and I'm thinking of upping the cocoa butter/shea butter percentage. . . but who knows, I've not exactly been scientific. You must make some of your own Vanilla!!! You must! I insist! It's a great gift too.

PM me a mailing addy, and I'll send you a little vial of it. . . I have a bunch as last year I sent all my clients some!

12. Lyndra

Lyndra Gold

How do you actually get everything to become a nice mixture? I tried making lotion with coconut oil, water, beeswax (following some recipe I found online) and it never emulsified. I ended up with greasy water with a big layer of wax.

13. I never used water, it didn't work for moi :) I haven't used beeswax either, I like CO oil plus a few others. I've used Mac nut and Shea Butter and Coco butter. I like to mix in a little of the Mac as that is liquid at room temp, and as the mix is cooling I keep shaking or mixing it as it cools.

I've not found a way to keep it emulsified and fluffy at warmer temps :(

14. Shijin13

Shijin13 Guest

I just melt everything over a double boiler - stir until its all liquid - transfer to what ever thing I'm storing it in - then pop in the fridge to solidify - w/the shea butter it stays solid at higher temps, I think the combo of more shea and beewax will provide more stability in warmer environments...

15. CarolMorris

CarolMorris New Member

You girls are very clever! I LOVE the made in America Christmas...may have to use that one.

16. Shijin13

Shijin13 Guest

bump for those looking for ideas on personal care items