1. Registering for the Forum

We require a human profile pic upon registration on this forum.

After registration is submitted, you will receive a confirmation email, which should contain a link to confirm your intent to register for the forum. At this point, you will not yet be registered on the forum.

Our Support staff will manually approve your account within 24 hours, and you will get a notification. This is to prevent the many spam account signups which we receive on a daily basis.

If you have any problems completing this registration, please email support@jackkruse.com and we will assist you.

Personal Care products that fit the optimal (non hormonedisrupting chemicals) bill.

Discussion in 'The New Monster Thread' started by jeanie@truelongmont.com, May 15, 2012.

1. 2bls

2bls New Member

not sure if this is considered natural but I've been using Gold Bond powder as deodorant/antiperspirant and it works really really well. No sweat and no stink. I powder all over after showering and powder the potential stinky/sweaty bits a bit more and it seems to be my new favourite...

here are the ingredients:

ACTIVE INGREDIENTS / PURPOSE:

Menthol 0.8% / Anti-Itch

Zinc Oxide 5.0% / Skin Protectant

2. MamaGrok

MamaGrok New Member

What are the inactive ingredients? I'd bet baking soda and/or corn starch and/or talc, and that they may be playing a big role in the deo function, too!

I'm not a fan of plugging up the sweat, though, esp. as we do CT and we're detoxing. Pit sweat is a main path for stuff to get out of the body. I am a MAJOR fan of stopping the stink!

3. Jack Kruse

Jack Kruse Administrator

stink is not from the blocking....its from the bacteria.....use CO on skin and bacteria go bye bye

4. MamaGrok

MamaGrok New Member

Exactly my experience, although I often have to repeat the application a second time if the day is really hot and/or active.

I've also experienced a dramatic decrease in stink, the more I get stuff out of my body that it doesn't care for. It stinks while bad stuff goes in, stinks while it goes out, and stinks far less after it's gone.

Can't remember if I said it on this thread, but I've heard many a tale of farmers working hard in the sun all day with an appropriate (not overly burdensome) amount of sweat, but no stink at all... back in the day.

5. Souldanzer

Souldanzer Banned

Well, having been there and done that, I think that's more a function of desensitization... plus you're outside which is entirely different from working with someone in an indoor environment.

6. MamaGrok

MamaGrok New Member

I'm talking *back in the day* - literally not reeking. It makes sense to me - I see a considerable change in my personal odor based on whether bad crap is coming in and out of me or not. It makes sense that we wouldn't stink inherently - other animals don't. And I do admit that there is a big difference between the earthy natural smell of a sweating human and the reek of BO. The latter seems common to most everyone today without deodorants & frequent soapy washing. I don't think it was meant to be so.

7. Shijin13

Shijin13 Guest

You know I noticed this on Monday - when it was HOT and HUMID as HELL when we road our bikes upto Arlington National Cemetery w/ the Kids so they could understand why we had the day off.. I was sweating buckets and did not smell at all...

today I'm trying Jack's CO on the pits only to see how that goes... sp far so good - the only problem w/CO is when I have to put on business suits - the CO will ruin them...so I've got to keep up w/the Funk Butter I've been using... I do like to swipe my pits w/a combo of witch hazel, tea tree oil and lavender as another bacteria/stink control!

8. Souldanzer

Souldanzer Banned

well, I was 100 percent raw vegan at the time... unless you'd include that with bad crap (not that I believe it's healthy at this point)... maybe I didn't reek as badly but I certainly needed my shower after work

9. 2bls

2bls New Member

those are the only ingredients as far as I can see on the powder container.

10. MamaGrok

MamaGrok New Member

Look for inactive ingredients or "other" ingredients. There's something else in there making up the other 94.2%

11. 2bls

2bls New Member

yeah, i realized that but there is nothing else listed on the container...

12. MamaGrok

MamaGrok New Member

13. JoeBranca

JoeBranca Silver

yikes, time to stop with the Gold Bond on baby's bottom. corn starch is the best bet, eh?

though does GB still use talc? the bottle i'm holding lists only silica and "fragrance" as inactive ingredients.

14. Shijin13

Shijin13 Guest

Made Cavemam's moisturizer the other day... IN LOVE.. I'm going to use it daily for the next month and see if I notice any differences in skin texture etc... If I do I'm kicking what I usually use to the curb!

15. For those who have issues with CO staining their clothing, I tried this product and it was extremely effective: http://www.amazon.com/Dr-Mist-Hygiene/dp/B000FVZMXY. Works great, but pricey. I have only been able to find it on amazon.

Now I'm make it myself by saturating distilled water with dead sea salt. Easy peasy. Stings a little if you shave right before applying.

16. Raiken3712

Raiken3712 Jonathan/Jon

Salt water pools are chlorine pools they use salt to generate chlorine...sadly and from what I've heard the only non-chemical system relies on copper ions and something else called ecosmarte isn't good for a few reasons too. Its supposed to be hard to maintain and the sanitation area isn't very strong either....I'm not sure how much this matters if you don't have many people swimming...if anyone has any experience with Ecosmarte I'd love to hear about it.

17. Shijin13

Shijin13 Guest

18. Awesome, Hey Shijin, any recommendations for cystic acne? I'm dying over here!

19. got this one from http://www.eat-real-food-paleodietitian.com/

[​IMG]

my natural deodorant experience!

mix baking soda with coconut oil until you get a paste. add essential lavender oil if desired. put in an old deodorant applicator and leave in the fridge (it is in 32C/90F).

apply as needed and smell good without any chemicals/aluminium! it is also a lot cheaper than buying commercial deodorants! PLUS, I love that I could eat what I put on my skin. ;)