1. Registering for the Forum

We require a human profile pic upon registration on this forum.

After registration is submitted, you will receive a confirmation email, which should contain a link to confirm your intent to register for the forum. At this point, you will not yet be registered on the forum.

Our Support staff will manually approve your account within 24 hours, and you will get a notification. This is to prevent the many spam account signups which we receive on a daily basis.

If you have any problems completing this registration, please email support@jackkruse.com and we will assist you.

Pegnenolone help

Discussion in 'Optimal Labs' started by caroline, Jan 18, 2013.

1. caroline

caroline Moderator

my preg was tested on Oct 2 and was high 21 nmo1/L range 0.3 - 6.3
    I had been supplementing for 2 months daily with 50mg on the advice of Dr.K.
    However I forgot to stop taking it before the test. Dr. K. and my Doc both thought it was supplement driven.

I had it retested 2 months later and it is still 21 - and I did stop taking it the day before this test

So do you think I should have stopped taking for longer before the test? or it is just high and I should stop taking it?
    My progesterone was very low on my first saliva cortisol test at the end of August - it was 7 [range 12-100] and my DHEA was low 2 [2 -23]
    That is why Dr. Kruse suggested DHEA and Pregnenolone and Progesterone

My last cortisol/saliva test - the progesterone has come up to 43 and DHEA to 2.5

Any thoughts?
    Thanks in advance

2. Shijin13

Shijin13 Guest

When I test Dzugan advises me to take all supplements. You might try backing down to 25mg and see where you are at
    You might want to consider supplementing w/DHEA as well.

3. caroline

caroline Moderator

Thanks Gretch - I do use Dhea. I am wondering what is happening to all that preg? is it turning into pg? or cortisol? or where is it going? or is it not going anywhere?

4. Shijin13

Shijin13 Guest

Hows your lipid panel.... you might have some pregnenolone steal going on...

5. caroline

caroline Moderator

Thanks Gretchen - I finally "asked Jack" he says it is good so I will just go with it - but I really don't understand - my number is so far north of the range....