1. Registering for the Forum

We require a human profile pic upon registration on this forum.

After registration is submitted, you will receive a confirmation email, which should contain a link to confirm your intent to register for the forum. At this point, you will not yet be registered on the forum.

Our Support staff will manually approve your account within 24 hours, and you will get a notification. This is to prevent the many spam account signups which we receive on a daily basis.

If you have any problems completing this registration, please email support@jackkruse.com and we will assist you.

Paul's Optimal Journey

Discussion in 'My Optimal Journal' started by Pablo93, Dec 9, 2020.

1. Pablo93

Pablo93 Gold

I am 15 months into my black swan journey. Looking forward to finally starting this journal and getting feedback from this community.

Currently on an extended stay in a suburb East of Los Angeles with my fiances family. Soaking up as much vitamin D as I can, rockin my kinikis, in a 55 degree pool from 10am-1pm. Heading back to my family ranch in Oregon for the holidays and working up there through next summer. I've been offered a full grad assistant scholarship for clinical family therapy in SoCal starting fall of 2021 while coaching track and field. I figure biting the bullet for 3 years in the NNemf is worth the long term mobility and earning power to go tropical in 2024.

Any tips from my fellow northerners on optimizing this winter? I'm loading up on Malbec, seafood, wild game, cod liver oil, and hopefully some bitcoin!

Cheers,
    Paul

John Schumacher and Dani like this.
  2. Dani

Dani New Member

Welcome Paul!

Use altitude to your advantage in the winter. Above 5000 feet should give you some Vitamin D. You can test with a UV meter. Also, skip the cod liver oil and stock up on more seafood. You'll get more benefit from it and it will be more locally sourced.

Pablo93 and John Schumacher like this.
  3. caroline

caroline Moderator

Hi Paul and welcome.... always keep your plans fluid.

Remember nothing is written in stone ....keep on top of things and make changes when necessary.

Be alert, be flexible, keep mobile, Don't get too tied down and be open to all possibilities :)

Good luck!

Pablo93 and John Schumacher like this.
  4. Pablo93

Pablo93 Gold

I love this. Thank you so much. Its humbling reading what I wrote and thinking about how to appreciate where we are, how far we've come, taking small steps and balancing expectations in the environment and my family.

5. Pablo93

Pablo93 Gold

Last day in LA today. Feeling love for my inner circle, sunlight, and cold water.

Attached Files:

John Schumacher likes this.
  6. Pablo93

Pablo93 Gold

Good call. We have great seafood options up in the PNW. Funny enough we have a small outdoor fish hatchery with rainbow trout on our ranch. I'm not sure how to evaluate their quantum benefit. It seems like they would be relatively low in dha/epa, being in concrete raceways eating commercial fish feed. But they are literally in my backyard in the same solar/water environment. Any ideas? Could it be equal or better than Alaskan salmon or canned oysters from China?

7. caroline

caroline Moderator

beautiful picture of two healthy, happy, loving optimal humans! Enjoy every second.....

Take the time to travel and meet new people and experience everything life has to offer.

No regrets!

John Schumacher likes this.
  8. Pablo93

Pablo93 Gold

Perks of working for a winery while in a life transition? Free Pinot Noir.

How's the resveratrol on this bad boy?

Attached Files: