1. Registering for the Forum

We require a human profile pic upon registration on this forum.

After registration is submitted, you will receive a confirmation email, which should contain a link to confirm your intent to register for the forum. At this point, you will not yet be registered on the forum.

Our Support staff will manually approve your account within 24 hours, and you will get a notification. This is to prevent the many spam account signups which we receive on a daily basis.

If you have any problems completing this registration, please email support@jackkruse.com and we will assist you.

Patty Cakes at the Beach

Discussion in 'My Optimal Journal' started by Patty Cakes, Oct 10, 2015.

1. fitness@home

fitness@home Silver

I love my sunroof and never fully appreciated it in the past. Now it's open everyday on my way home from work, even when the temperature is 100+ in the summertime. Glasses come off as I leave the parking garage.

My commute home is 60-90 minutes (depending on traffic conditions). That part sucks but at least I get some sunshine...

Patty Cakes likes this.
  2. Jack Kruse

Jack Kruse Administrator

3. Patty Cakes

Patty Cakes Silver

I tried my new Vielight today. I used it for about an hour. It is programmed for 25 minutes so not sure how long I can keep it going in my nose. Going to do a little research on this but I'm thinking if this is IR I should be able to use it longer at night.

4. Patty Cakes

Patty Cakes Silver

I find it humorous that there are some of these lamps for sale on ebay and a few of the titles say "quackery" of "quack." I'm sure the people who own them are totally sun-starved themselves and not open to the life-giving properties of the sun!

5. Patty Cakes

Patty Cakes Silver

It's Monday and I have the day off! Had a couple of appointments scheduled and was going to get my sunshine in. I am one of the unfortunate souls who own a "clean" diesel VW. I have this additive that has 4.5 gallon tank that has to be kept fairly full. If you run it down too low the car won't start. Well, already being cursed with a "defective" vehicle I don't really trust much of anything on this car. I had issues with the battery just dying after 3 years so I put a new one in. A week later the car won't start and took two sets of jumper cables hooked to two batteries to get it started. Defective battery!!! Got the new battery installed and all is well until the diesel additive gets low and my guy puts in around 2.5 gallons of it. Followed the VW protocol on how to start after filling up with additive and BAM! nothing happens. It has been programmed not to start if the additive is not kept filled. So this morning the car is being towed to the dealer just to reset the code so I can start the damn thing!. On the flipside I get to sit out here in the sun and collect more rays! The is always a way to twist the bad into something good.

Sorry if there are any weird typos...I'm sitting in the sun and cannot see my keyboard too well.

6. Destiny

Destiny New Member

No, believe me, Caroline, one move was plenty :)! It was actually 3 moves in one- had to sell a house, move into an apartment before getting a new house. The job things was not easy either but it all can be done. My family is glad that we got out of the NYC area. We live in much less populated area with much less of everything and close to the beach. I feel really good and going by Dr. Kruse's basics every day- sun, water, magnetism, a little computer time, in bed by 8 PM and out at 6 AM and still eating no sugar, no fruit, etc. . For all of that I getting back this - less stressed out, hopefully healthier and getting much more out of my life.

7. Patty Cakes

Patty Cakes Silver

I've been doing the Vielight now every night for an hour in each nostril. I seem to sleep better but that is all I notice to this point. It's only been a couple of weeks so I am anticipating more changes.

I upped my fish intake. It's almost every day. I just need to plan and I can do it. Canned salmon and canned smoked oysters are my fallback and I have a lot of those in the house.

Today I woke up with what I think is a bladder infection. Aargh! I've had two in my lifetime and it's been over 15 years since the last one. I am peeing blood and clots so it's pretty gross. Sorry TMI. Cranberry juice?, wait and see?, flush out with lots of water?, just not sure what I'm supposed to do as this isn't something I've really had to deal with much before.

Still getting sun on weekends. Been hectic at work and haven't been able to get out in the sun much during the day so I've turned on my lizard lamp and hoping that will help. I do notice when I am out in the real sun for at least two hours I get excellent sleep at night. I wish I could get out every day. Going out right now to get some purple (my fav color since I was a tiny child)!

8. Patty Cakes

Patty Cakes Silver

It's been a long time but I am still here listening to all the webinars and reading as many blogs as I can. I find I do best with the blogs when I print them and read them in the sun. I have missed many blogs but I am working toward catching up.

My current action plan is wear my blue blockers at night as well as since July 2018 I wear them at work, keep the fluorescent lights in my office off all day, get the morning sun, take a walk at lunch for more sun, get 1-2 hours each weekend day or more if I can, and eat as much fish as I can. I currently don't take any supplements. I've started wearing scarves around my thyroid lately as well. I am the freak at work and I really do not care at all. I am strong in my beliefs that all this crap is going on can harm us and I want to mitigate it as best I can.

I got a cold and decided to take the day off. So I will be spending at least 3 hours out in the sun today. There are so many great podcasts that I need to catch up on from this past weekend where Dr. Kruse was in LA.

I tested my sun intake with D Minder to see how much vit D I was getting over a six month period. I have VDR issues and know I need more sun than all. Plus I had laser eye surgery years ago before I knew how bad it was for my health. Ultimately, it was fairly close and I recognize that I need more sun. I drive with my moon roof open every time I get in the car to help that and it just plain feels good. I am doing what I can with my knowledge and will get better the more info I garner.

9. Jack Kruse

Jack Kruse Administrator

three years between posts gives you the new record.

10. Patty Cakes

Patty Cakes Silver

Yah, a record for something (although not a great thing). My posting has suffered because I decided something had to give or I would be on this darn computer 14-16 hours a day. So I made an executive decision and stopped posting although kept reading and listening. Currently I am working out a system of how I will make it all work but I won't sacrifice my time in gaining more knowledge. And of course I work on a computer most of the day....hurry up retirement...you cannot get here soon enough.

I may be known as the whacky gal at work but each little comment I make to my cohorts will make an impact sooner or later. They will have heard me comment so much that it will start to sound familiar and I have already seen two come around and ask me more.

I felt so good yesterday and then today I woke up feeling like I fell of the wrong side of cliff with this cold. I may take tomorrow off as well to beat this monster with some sunshine. Three hours of sun was just amazing. I want to do that everyday (or more). I played outside all the time as a kid since my mom made us go outside to do anything it didn't matter to her. She knew the value of nature. She took us on so many adventures to the beach, the mountains, etc. where ever we could pack a lunch and only be gone a day. It was a great childhood.

I'm getting off the computer to get away from the blue light for now.

Inger likes this.
  11. Patty Cakes

Patty Cakes Silver

I started 2019 out with a morning walk and an afternoon walk on the beach. The afternoon one was probably 3 hours long. It was a beautiful day to be out in nature.

I've seen every sunrise since Christmas even though today was gray and cloudy. I still drove to the top of the hills to see the sun rise even though I didn't see the sun just something brighter in behind the gray.

On my agenda is to order more salmon roe. This is a great little lunch to bring to work that doesn't take any preparation. Also need to replace out a couple of light bulbs in my bathroom. I have an organized routine for the morning since I am out of the house by 6am and I don't have to turn the lights on much at all and when I do I don the orange glasses. I keep them on during my drive since most folks are driving with their lights on at that time of morning.

I'm making some little changes that I can continue and not get overwhelmed with everything to do and remember.

caroline likes this.
  12. Patty Cakes

Patty Cakes Silver

I have been doing quite well chasing sunrises. The valley is too low from the hilltops and the sun takes a long time to get to me. This morning I found the BEST place to get my dose of sunrise. The tope of a little mountain near (15 min) me. There were a few jokers there blasting musica in their cars iwth all their windows rolled up. I felt very priveldged and grateful to have the info on the sun that I do. Sunsets are my next little thing to conquer in the light arena.

I've also made some other changes. I have orange glasses that I wear for work since I am on the conputer A lot. But I finally invested in some Ra Optics red glassess for evening. I LOVE THEM! They are so much darker and do make a difference. Now we need to get my partner a pair. He is really good about following my lead on these things. We have fish/sushi/salmon roe almost every night and since I love fish this is an enjoyable modification for us.

Catching up on the backlog of webinars, Q&As, and blogs is happening slowly. Honestly, I spend time reading and searching almost every evening. But I'm sure I am making a little headway it jsut doesn't feel like it sometimes.

13. Patty Cakes

Patty Cakes Silver

I'm still seeing the sunrise adn some sunsets and getting sun int he middle of the day. Starting to build the D back up again. I really do like the D Minder app as a mechanism for tracking. It may be off due my my own N-1 but at least there is some guidance. Loving these longer days as it's easier to get everything done on the weekends and still have sun time. My BP is totally normal now after all the sun I got last summer. It really didn't go up this weinter as I ontined to be out during the lunch hour. Now my focus is learning more on water and how this will help my conditions.

I have five autoimmune diseases starting with Asthma (which as I have said earlier is exercized induced or if I have a cold. I got Reynauds in my 30s, Hashimotos in my 40s, another skin one is my 50s (can't remember the name of it), and I don't want to continue this trend.

I feel like I still need to learn a lot more about light but I really need to gather info about the water. My goal for the next few months.