1. Registering for the Forum

We require a human profile pic upon registration on this forum.

After registration is submitted, you will receive a confirmation email, which should contain a link to confirm your intent to register for the forum. At this point, you will not yet be registered on the forum.

Our Support staff will manually approve your account within 24 hours, and you will get a notification. This is to prevent the many spam account signups which we receive on a daily basis.

If you have any problems completing this registration, please email support@jackkruse.com and we will assist you.

Patreon.....??

Discussion in 'The Cave' started by caroline, Jul 21, 2017.

1. caroline

caroline Moderator

I am having a little trouble understanding this ...... anyone else?

I understand what it is but I am wondering .... do we pay for every blog that JK writes? do we have access again and again to the same blog we paid for?

Dr. K. mentioned that it is the price of a cup of coffee a month - but there seems to be a charge per blog and we are automatically charged when Jack puts up a new blog?

Given how prolific Jack is ......

and - how do I fit in more reading??????

All this is vitally important to me .......but I need to spend less time on my computer - not more, and I have a life to live with a guy I adore.

Unless I can speed read like Jack does - I think I am sunk.

Alex97232 and ScottishEmma like this.
  2. Sue-UK

Sue-UK Gold

I've joined Caroline. :)I just copy and paste the article into a word document and print it out to read. You continue to have access, and there's a comments section, a bit like the blogs comments section. You pledge an amount for each article Jack does in the month, (min $1) but you can set a limit on how many articles per month you will pay for. So say you pledge $1 for each article, but set a limit of 4 articles, your max bill should be $4 in a month. (Plus VAT if you are UK). Because you can choose what you pledge, and can change it if you want, I think its great for people who want to support Jack for the blogs, or acknowledge how much help he gives on the forum, but can't swing a silver or gold membership. :)

caroline, ScottishEmma and seanb4 like this.
  3. caroline

caroline Moderator

thanks Sue - I will have to go back and check what I actually signed up for.....:oops:

I agree - it is great to acknowledge how much help Jack gives us.

4. WalterNL

WalterNL New Member

Just the ones on Patreon. The rest on this blog and Forum is free.

5. drezy

drezy Gold

Honestly, too much is for free to begin with. Expecting more freebies really isn't productive.

If you can follow the subtle hints, read the comments in the Vermont 2017 youtube. One person was particularly feisty/douchebaggy. In the end I think that person had a valid question. Jack replied very directly and honestly. He's an honest guy and that's why so many end up running away from him or even try burning him. Jack has mentioned that his wife sees degradation and urges him to pull back from much of the effort of helping others.

I am 1000% on team Sandra Kruse on this one.

If I had to bet who will outlive the other between @JanSz and @Jack Kruse currently.... I have to put my money on JanSz simply because I don't like losing money. Doc is burning the candle at both ends regardless of his knowledge and hacks.

Expecting Doc to crank out this type of cross-disciplinary analysis and connections endlessly for free is untenable.

I need Jack alive for the majority of my son's life and my grandchildren's early life. The man already turned back my own clock 10-20 years. Now I need him in the game longer for my lineage.

halvibe, Sue-UK, ScottishEmma and 5 others like this.
  6. Mystic Rose60

Mystic Rose60 Let the sun shine on you :))

Well said Drezy! And for all that Jack does for others, I feel it's very important that we carry the torch too and share the message of LWM with anyone who is willing to listen.

I've always supported Doc and have never asked for anything free. I know I don't ask him questions because if I have one and I can find the answer for myself, I'm going to challenge myself and do so.

I love Jack like a little brother (Yes he is younger than me , lol) and have so much gratitude and appreciation for all that he does. I don't want to leave Sandra out of this either because not enough credit goes to her for what she does. And behind every good man stands a great lady who loves and support him and Jack needs to listen to his wife.

Thanks for sharing your thoughts here too Drezy!

Rock on all of you beautiful Starfish!

Personally, my health would be in the toilet hadn't I discovered Jack!

7. caroline

caroline Moderator

beautifully said Rose and Dan......

Jack has cared for and about all of us for a long time now - at his own expense in every way ....health wise and monetary.

I know JK hates all this gratitude ...but too darn bad. Suck it up Dr. K. ..... a lot of us owe you so much.

and also ....Thanks to Jack's rock - Sandy for underpinning all of this - more than we will ever know I am sure.

8. halvibe

halvibe New Member

I agree with you, drezy. I'd like to see Jack around (and healthy) for a long time also. To repeat a quote by a guy named Werner,
    "You can care about people, or you can care about what people think about you. And, you can't have both!"
    I think you all know which side Jack is on. That's also why he gets all the flak. I hope he takes the support from us and damn the pea-shooter brains out there!

drezy likes this.