1. Registering for the Forum

We require a human profile pic upon registration on this forum.

After registration is submitted, you will receive a confirmation email, which should contain a link to confirm your intent to register for the forum. At this point, you will not yet be registered on the forum.

Our Support staff will manually approve your account within 24 hours, and you will get a notification. This is to prevent the many spam account signups which we receive on a daily basis.

If you have any problems completing this registration, please email support@jackkruse.com and we will assist you.

Path To Optimal

Discussion in 'My Optimal Journal' started by Kate, May 23, 2014.

1. Kate

Kate New Member

Hello,
    I have lingered on this site and forum for over a year now. I finally had blood work done and would love to get some input! I am a 38 year old female starting to work on having children. I won't have lipid and DHEA-S results until next week. I am curious about DHEA after seeing my low testosterone!! Any input would be greatly appreciated!!!

Here is what I have so far:

TSH 1.01
    Triiodothyronine 92
    Free T3 3
    T-uptake 32
    Thyroxine 7.7
    Free T4 1.4
    Free Thyroxine 2.5
    Reverse T3 18

Female Hormones (I was day 10 of cycle so follicular Phase)
    Estradiol 155
    Progesterone <0.5
    FSH 4.8
    LH 3.6
    Testosterone 20
    SHBG 103

Iron (serum) 85
    Ferritin 36
    Total Iron Binding 397
    Iron Saturation 21

Folate > 24
    Vit B12 1495

RBC Magnesium 4.2

I also have a ton of White Blood Cell and Red Blood Cell numbers. They all were in "range" except
    Hematocrit was 46.5
    Hemoglobin was 15.1

I did the test first thing in the morning with some water in my system, but thinking these numbers are form dehydration and possibly because I live at 6,000 feet.

2. caroline

caroline Moderator

Welcome Kate! f you could also post this ^^^^^ in the labs section - that would be great. They might not get seen by those that are great at helping out. Everyone is trying to limit their computer time....

Could you please give more health history? Dr. K. needs more context.

Have you read Dr. K.'s book? The Epi-Paleo RX

have you listened to Jack's podcasts?

3. fitness@home

fitness@home Silver

Welcome Kate. Can you add the lab ranges to your post too?

4. Kate

Kate New Member

I just posted in the labs forum, thank you for the recommendation!! I have been listening to some of Jack's podcasts that he's done with numerous people. I'm not naive to all of this, but also not an expert! I have not read his book yet, but have read quite a bit on the blog....overwhelming!! I do try to eat lots of shrimp and sardines, I take cold baths, I ground, I'm in the sun daily and I wear blue blockers!!!

5. caroline

caroline Moderator

Hi Kate - it sounds like you are doing great! The reason we suggest Jack's book - it kind of fast tracks you for all of this!

6. caroline

caroline Moderator

don't forget oysters .....at the top of the seafood list!