1. Registering for the Forum

We require a human profile pic upon registration on this forum.

After registration is submitted, you will receive a confirmation email, which should contain a link to confirm your intent to register for the forum. At this point, you will not yet be registered on the forum.

Our Support staff will manually approve your account within 24 hours, and you will get a notification. This is to prevent the many spam account signups which we receive on a daily basis.

If you have any problems completing this registration, please email support@jackkruse.com and we will assist you.

part 3 of the blog

Discussion in 'The Cave' started by Josh (Paleo Osteo), Nov 17, 2014.

1. its long gone stuff for this site, but a recent TV show aired in Australia re: keto diets tyhat featured Noakes and evans etc, shortly after there was a vile twitter storm where everyone was calling all things paleo pseudoscience
    2 days later there was a story on sinclair's work so i figured i should write this
    it contains a few excerpts from jacks blogs etc

http://www.paleoosteo.com/when-everyone-is-an-expert-part-3/

probably not that succinct but i had to bust it out

2. kovita

kovita Gold

good blog post! readable and comprehensive enough. I would agree that not every ketogenic diet is good, but find a reason to go against mainly ketogenic epipaleo? It just brings to my mind, here is a german lab (cannot recLl the n me now) selling nad+ formula. It is a secrte formula, so you cannot read anywhere what is inside, I guess we guess. My doc has been using it a bit mainly with metabolic syndrom elderly patients and she claims "some" positive effect, but lifestyle changes appear stronger inffluence to her. I would suggest human body tends to hold onto ketosis, at least in certain context situations. I have purpously broke ketosis (practically 0 carbs) during this summer and managed to move to something like 100g (using seasonal carbs) and I stick to it, because it seems to feel right for me while pregnant now. My body calls for carbs some days, but other days not, so I would not be every day 100g, but the blood glucose is much reactive now, so the major IFR is gone. Curiously during each gynecologist visit (they "papercheck" urine) I show ketones 3+. I expeience nothing like pregnancy hunger, some days I eat more others very few. It does not affect the weight gain. I keep healthy stable weigh gain but I do not eat more than before. That is another case for the kilojouls counters ;-)

Josh (Paleo Osteo) likes this.
  3. Jack Kruse

Jack Kruse Administrator

I enjoy morning truth bombs down under

Josh (Paleo Osteo) and Shijin13 like this.
  4. Shijin13

Shijin13 Guest

5. Brother John

Brother John Silver

Josh you write an organize so damn well!
    Thanks,
    Brother John

6. thx gretch

7. thx brother john

8. Josh

Josh Gold

Nice work....:)

9. Jude

Jude Gold

Great stuff Josh......you're a household name here:rolleyes:.....so dh read it as well (cause he'd watched the show)...that's a first for him in over a yr...you're impressing:D!

10. excellent :D

11. Martin

Martin Gold

Nice writing job, oh Bearded One. We all appreciate the time you take to contribute to a complicated subject.

12. kovita

kovita Gold

btw... i am really trying to read D.Bohm Wholeness and the. Implicate Order. It is great book, but man, learning french is a paradise comparing to this book ;-) I am sure by the spring I am in the middle ;-)

13. he doesnt use period much (.) very long sentences, quite annoying

14. Jack Kruse

Jack Kruse Administrator

I like that.......stream of consciousness.

Josh likes this.
  15. i can see it that way. it can be a frustrating read when youre all like JUST TAKE A PAUSE ALREADY FFFFFFFUUUUUUUUUUU

16. Lahelada

Lahelada New Member

Hmm, Josh,care to rephrase maybe ? Slippery slope when you start with namecalling.

17. i ride the slippery slope

18. Inger

Inger Silver

Josh is clearly an Alpha male.... and the boyfriend is too....

19. http://www.paleoosteo.com/a-new-paradigm/

this is part 1 of a series on living systems understanding, and will form a bit of a backbone to the ebook myself and my colleague @markonmovement are writing.

there are some snippets from conversations on this forum that were appropriate

Optimalbound likes this.