1. Registering for the Forum

We require a human profile pic upon registration on this forum.

After registration is submitted, you will receive a confirmation email, which should contain a link to confirm your intent to register for the forum. At this point, you will not yet be registered on the forum.

Our Support staff will manually approve your account within 24 hours, and you will get a notification. This is to prevent the many spam account signups which we receive on a daily basis.

If you have any problems completing this registration, please email support@jackkruse.com and we will assist you.

Paradigm is awakening?

Discussion in 'Mitochondrial Rx' started by Jack Kruse, May 16, 2017.

1. Jack Kruse

Jack Kruse Administrator

2. Scompy

Scompy Gold

I'm lamenting more and more studies that do not control for real sunlight, and then use supplements processed under who knows what conditions, and then assert conclusions about their study. If I could play God for one day, I'd run my own scientific experiment on all of the science labs around the country to draw my own conclusions about each of them.

"UV-B radiation was provided by 120-cm UV-B fluorescent tubes (UVB-313 EL, Q-lab, Cleveland, OH, USA; 280–390 nm) for 3 h each day from 11:00 to 14:00 h, which coincided with the time of greatest natural UV-B irradiation. The control groups received only visible light, and experimental groups received visible plus UV light. The peak natural dose of solar UV-B in summer at the capture site is 7.4 W m−2 at midday, and the total daily natural dose is 5100 J m−2 (Beckmann et al., 2014). We arranged our lamps so that the peak irradiance was 3.3 W m−2 UV-B at the water surface, which led to a total daily dose of 1188 J m−2. This lower dose of UV-B was chosen to better reflect the average UV-B dose across seasons (Beckmann et al., 2014). We measured sustained swimming performance of 12–15 fish from each treatment after 1 week in treatments, which was sufficiently long to observe effects of UV-B and NAC where they existed (see pilot experiment; Ghanizadeh Kazerouni et al., 2015)."

http://jeb.biologists.org/content/219/1/96
    Sean Waters likes this.
  3. Jack Kruse

Jack Kruse Administrator

Scott none do........and in the nutrition world it is why we have so many bad ideas built around food.
    Sean Waters, Alex97232 and Scompy like this.
  4. Scompy

Scompy Gold

Rigid and stuck paradigms: I got into a conversation yesterday with a person arguing how "all EMFs are harmful" (including the sun) and he knew a lot about physics and astronomy. Typically we see the opposite approach from those that are stuck in biochemistry and genetics that have a larger knowledge gap in their biophysics. Once I started talking to him about DC sunlight is atmospheric filtered and how the food chain would be destroyed if sunlight was bad for life, he dismissed it all and left the conversation abruptly. I lamented him, not because of his stubbornness, but because it shows how the higher education system has failed teaching the population what is known in science.
    caroline and Alex97232 like this.
  5. Did that person, perchance, look like this....

[​IMG]
    Mystic Rose60, seanb4 and Alex97232 like this.
  6. Jack Kruse

Jack Kruse Administrator

To sunlight or not to sunlight...........that is the question. Mitochondriacs photosynthesize with purpose.
  7. Mystic Rose60

Mystic Rose60 Let the sun shine on you :))

Well folks, the novelty of cell phones has been replaced with addiction and the convenience has been replaced with enslavement!
    Alex97232 and Scompy like this.
  8. Jack Kruse

Jack Kruse Administrator

Alex97232 likes this.
  9. Jack Kruse

Jack Kruse Administrator