1. Registering for the Forum

We require a human profile pic upon registration on this forum.

After registration is submitted, you will receive a confirmation email, which should contain a link to confirm your intent to register for the forum. At this point, you will not yet be registered on the forum.

Our Support staff will manually approve your account within 24 hours, and you will get a notification. This is to prevent the many spam account signups which we receive on a daily basis.

If you have any problems completing this registration, please email support@jackkruse.com and we will assist you.

Palpitations- finally gone.

Discussion in 'Success Stories' started by Jude, Oct 28, 2012.

1. Jude

Jude Gold

I thought I would like to share my success at finally being rid of dreadful palpitations. Noticed them 5 yrs ago and they gradually increased, especially with strenuous activity. Started Leptin reset last Nov and they hit me with vengeance. Started to ruin my life, little walking & climbing stairs for a couple of mths...disaster for me as I'm very active.

Dr K assured me it was a lack of DHA/iodine causing them and to eat more seafood.(this is before the epi paleo release). I started adding 2 to 3 meals a week and I think I noticed some improvement, enough to want to keep going. Then epi paleo was released, and I finally decided to try it and go all out on Sept 1.

I really hit the tinned fish twice daily,sardines and salmon mainly, went through heaps of lemons! We can buy fresh fish once a week here. Prawns are 33-36$ kg, salmon 36$ ! Lamb consumption halved instantly-hubby watched in awe. We are both going to try prawn smoothies soon!...Discovered I could eat the fresh salmon very lightly cooked, but haven't been game to try Inger's raw recipe yet.

Once I noticed that the palpitations really were decreasing I did 2 weeks solid- fish only. This was intentional/accidental sort of, as I was away with sick friend in city hospital-hopeless cafeteria and no local shops close by, so canned sardines was my fare for a week!. I noticed at the end of the week that I could climb the stairs quite well- surprise, surprise. So, back home, kept up the fish only for another week. That was the big kicker for me as there was an amazing downturn and complete disappearance by the end of the second week. I kept testing myself with exercise to prove to myself that I was improving, running up and down stairwells when I could find them.

Long story short-in ER late Aug with severe palps -now late Oct, with epi paleo and basically they're gone. Yes!.

So the question is... am I fully tanked with DHA/iodine or just out of the woods? I'm not sure- I note that I do need to keep to 2 lots of fish daily because on days away and only having 1 fish meal(breakfast) I can notice I'm inclined to develop a faster pulse the following day.

I put in 3 huge, strenuous days in my garden this week and worked like I could 20yrs ago, with no palpitations-WOW..I haven't been able to do that for 5 yrs........wonderful.

Anyhow, it's great that such a 'simple' food change can bring about such an amazing difference in ones' life. What a great result and a big thanks to Dr K and his protocol.

2. Coriander

Coriander Silver

That's a brilliant outcome Jude! Good on you for sticking with the sardines for that first week; what a breakthrough!

3. Jude

Jude Gold

Thanks Coriander, was really looking for a change in seafood by the end of the week. Fellow residents at hostel I stayed at, watched me eat like this for the week and wanted to know why. one of the supervisors heard all about epi P and the Leptin reset and started it while I was there!!!!

4. Destiny

Destiny New Member

Jude, I've been having palpitations for years like you. Mine are not completely gone but they improved tremendously. Congratulations on your success!

5. Jack Kruse

Jack Kruse Administrator

Jude you just gave proof of concept to what I wrote in BG 14. Once your brain is filled with its brain specific nutrients it wont have to usurp nutrients from the heart to function well and cause its dysfunction. You must have the brain injury first to get the disease. Moreover, lots of things cause the injury to begin with.” The injury must exist in the brain before the illness appears. This is a foundational concept in my theory

For those who dont understand how brain function can cause heart rhythm issues here is the playbook again for you to review:

The brain allows us to sense the epigenetics alterations in our environment well. I want you to now channel what I said about the heart and brain in Brain Gut 13 with respect to how the Na/K ATPase is affected in metabolic terms in all tissues. Then, I want you to think about the number one killer of all humans today: Heart disease. How does heart disease tie into this theory of whole body physiology?

If you begin to alter your blood glucose because of dietary or any other epigenetics signal (light or temp) and cause inflammation at a cellular level by eating badly or not being mindful of circadian cycles, you start secreting large amounts of insulin from beta cells to deal with it. This alters your Magnesium levels which activate the metabolically efficient Na/K ratio because of DHA as laid out in BG 13. When we have an altered Na/K (low) ratio, this in turn, simultaneously cause brain metabolism to ratched down because its function is directly coupled to the efficiency of the Na/K ATPase for our species. As the brain’s metabolism falters, it begins to shunt energy to itself at the determent of other organs. It robs Peter to pay Paul. This physiologic bio energetic “stealing” of energy alters functions everywhere in the body to satisfy the brains needs. As other organs fail slowly under this physiologic directive this further alters brain function from the excessive 60% energy boon created by the DHA/ Na/K ATPase, which results in your feeling less well with less energy and you have a chronic cognitive haze. Is this sounding familiar to anyone?

It is the modern human condition that most of us exist in. As this goes on chronically, brain function is eroded (the real source of adrenal fatigue in the PVN) because there is an excess of Na ions, which alter our homeostatic brain controls of the renin angiotensin system and this alters our Blood Pressure. The renin angiotensin system target organ is the kidneys. The kidneys control the electrolyte balance of the serum and ultimate of the CSF (ultrafiltrate of the serum) to further alter the function of our brain.

This slow erosion of our kidney function goes on undetected and slowly undermines our electrical systems balance. This implies that our declining kidney function, directly efffects our electrical system of our heart (conduction system AV node and sinus pacemaker) to become less optimal or “foggy” in its function too. The relays in the hearts electrical system is sticky and this cause all kinds of unusual heart rhythms. This shows you why declining brain function always correlates with declining heart function. Modern medicine has never made this link but they know it exists. These organs are chemically and electrically tied together by the action of the Na/K ATPase, DHA and iodine at a foundational level physiologically in humans in our cell membranes. This all results in the many types of cardiac dysrythmias we see clinically. This is an early sign of major bio-energenic shifts in cells all tied to oxidation.

When this goes on further brain function erodes and we can not sense it well. We, in essence, lose our primal sense of well being and eventually we develop an inability to sense vascular trouble before it happens clinically. This leads to a heart attack/palpatations/or heart failure.

6. bigknitwit

bigknitwit Silver

Jude - this is fabulous success and a real testament to feeding the brain.

I have been struggling for most of this year with high am heartrates, especially after breakfast. I have noticed in recent weeks that I no longer seem to have that problem... Even went out for a brisk walk last week in the am (unthinkable a few months back). I've been eating 1-2 meals of seafood/day since June. Like you, I'm going to keep on eating the seafood!!

7. diane

diane Gold

Jude - thanks so much for sharing! I don't have palpitations, but have noticed over the past couple of years that if I eat certain things, my throat feels closed and breathing is more difficult. Especially going up stairs, etc. Some people may say that it's due to being out of shape, but I disagree, as it fixes itself, especially with epi-paleo without any change in activity (and I'm fairly active all the time).

So great to hear these stories!

8. BJK77

BJK77 Gold

What a great testament to the power of an epi-paleo diet! Your post reminded me that I used to get palpitations on occasion too. It happened at very random times and I could never figure out what was causing it, but I can now say I haven't experienced any in a few months at least. It's amazing how it will just dawn on me at times that certain symptoms I had are now gone! POOF!

9. Jude

Jude Gold

Thanks Destiny. Its so hard to believe that some thing that causes such debilitating symptoms can be rectified by a food change. I can hardly believe it either, it's wonderful. Two tins of sardines for breakfast and for dinner actually sustained me for a week-unbelievable. Did have cafeteria coffee each day and gobbled the middle of a cheesecake one day!

So, with my food change success in mind, I'm convinced that you will also achieve some pretty spectacular results with all the information Dr K has provided you for your journey through your difficult time...all my very best.

10. nonchalant

nonchalant Silver

Jude that's so great that your palps are gone! I imagine that your heart is very happy about your change of diet.

I used to think the same thing. Thanks Jack for turning us around!

11. Jude

Jude Gold

Thanks everyone for your kind comments.

Hubby just noted that when he accompanied me to ER at a top hospital in Sydney that they had no clue as to why these palps were happening. Heaps of tests later just proved they were occurring. They were happy to infer that it was because I was over anxious (who wouldn't be with their heart trying to jump out of their chest wall!),and were a bit disconcerted when hubby denied their suggestion. So,left there with no advice about how to be rid of them. At least I had something else to try.....Like I said before, thank God I found Dr K and his site. Am very sorry for all those folk out there who are absolutely scared to death each time those palps occur, cause it does seem likely you could die...now!

12. Destiny

Destiny New Member

I am convinced too, Jude! Thank you for saying that!

13. Jack Kruse

Jack Kruse Administrator

Jude the really help for you was all the Co Enz Q10 you have been eating in the Epi-Paleo Rx.......that help ox-phos electron chain transport and it makes your mitochondria run smooth.....when they run smooth your Ferrari purrs and your heart acts as it should.

14. Dali Dula

Dali Dula Moderator

My premature atrial contractions which I had for six months stopped after 6 wks of epi-paleo.

15. kathylu

kathylu Gold

Thanks for this thread everyone! My husband recently (six months now) has been noticing a heart rhythm irregularity. The palpitations occurred mostly at night and would wake him from a sound sleep. Went to the "best" cardiologist in DC, who told him he was having premature atrial beats, and that no one knows what causes them. The doc suggested that he give up all caffeine. Since my hubby infrequently drinks anything with caffeine, he wasn't too hopeful there would be a positive effect and there wasn't. Nothing changed. I suggested that he start taking magnesium, Lugol's iodine and eat more seafood. All based on Dr. K's ideas of course. About 3 weeks later he mentioned to me that he hadn't had any night time palpitations for a few days and was sleeping straight through the night. The problem seems to be completely gone now. Hallelujah!

16. Jack Kruse

Jack Kruse Administrator

Awesome Kathylu!!!!

17. Jude

Jude Gold

Kathylu,

Would love to front up to that young cardiac registrar( my sons' age) and tell him I've beaten IT. But I know its useless, as they are not aware-yet- and it will take some neurosurgeon and heaps of studies to believe that a grandma could fix her own problems.

18. Jude

Jude Gold

Kathylu,

Meant to say that it's great that your hubby had such a good quick result--thank God for his clever wife and her research skills!

19. nonchalant

nonchalant Silver

They still won't believe it, Jude. To believe it means to get off the merry-go-round ride.

20. kathylu

kathylu Gold

Jude, you might want to give it a try. My doc is open minded, but conventionally trained. The tack I have taken with her is to propose a treatment, show her medical literature supporting it, tell her what results I expect to obtain and what tests will be needed to document the results. Then give it a try and watch her face when the test results come back as expected...lol. Now she wants me to document everything, so that she can start using the ideas with other patients!

harmony likes this.